PDA

View Full Version : Having an issue with NPP

Divra001
10-20-2020, 05:26 AM
I just brewed my first batch of NPP. Never used it before. SO I am thinking I really screwed it up. After about a day, it turns into complete crystals. I just noticed the recipe calls for EO instead of my normal MCT oil I use.
I have included a picture of how it looks.
Any ides as how I can correct this. or is it a complete lose.

OH I can heat it up, and it will turn back into liquid.

Thank you in advance for the information.

jrock645
10-20-2020, 01:41 PM
I'm no homebrew expert, but yes it def looks like you screwed this one up. My guess is it's not fixable.

Plate Smacker
10-20-2020, 03:34 PM
My brew I did in MCT oil with percentages.
1%BA 15%BB
Add NPP raw, MCT oil, and BB first..
Heated to 190F and kept it there for around 5 minutes.
Added BA once it cools to 160F.
Continue stirring until it reaches 110F then kept it around there, started filtering.
I use bottle top filters now however. That was my first test batch so I used a syringe filter.

LET'S FUCKING GO! - Can't wait to brew up my gear (https://brotherhood.is/purple-panda/45005-fucking-cant-wait-brew-gear-post693598.html#post693598)

Divra001
10-20-2020, 03:56 PM
I'm no homebrew expert, but yes it def looks like you screwed this one up. My guess is it's not fixable.

I think I made a calculation error with the ester weight. Once that is corrected and added, it should be fine. Worth the shot anyways.

Divra001
10-21-2020, 03:21 PM
***UPDATE***
After I redone the calculation and added the correct amount of MCT oil, BA and BB. The new finished product has turned out perfect. Not near as thick, and after 24 hours, NO more crystallization.

having issue uploading new pic, so just will leave it out.

THANK YOU to everyone for the replies.

jrock645
10-23-2020, 01:43 AM
***UPDATE***
After I redone the calculation and added the correct amount of MCT oil, BA and BB. The new finished product has turned out perfect. Not near as thick, and after 24 hours, NO more crystallization.

having issue uploading new pic, so just will leave it out.

THANK YOU to everyone for the replies.

glad it worked out for ya!