PDA

View Full Version : high blood pressure

bhcolex50x
02-05-2013, 03:54 AM
hey guys I'm currently on day 8 of pct at 100mg clomid and 40mg nolvadex. my blood pressure was in the pre-hypertension range on both numbers when i was at the pharmacy. it was normal while on cycle? is this an effect of the eq? or one of the pct drugs? suggestions for supplements?

beanlicker
02-05-2013, 05:00 AM
There could be a number of reasons for your high blood pressure.....Too much estrogen for example, just to name one of many possibilities.

Hawthorn berry, fish/krill oil, grape seed extract will all help keep your BP down.

exphys88
02-05-2013, 05:03 AM
I wouldn't worry bout pre hypertensive level unless it stays there.

bhcolex50x
02-05-2013, 05:06 AM
Thx guys

beanlicker
02-05-2013, 05:11 AM
Pre-hypertension Tied to Increased Risk of Stroke

Study: Even Slightly High Blood Pressure Is Associated With Significant Stroke Risk

By Brenda Goodman, MA (http://www.webmd.com/brenda-goodman)
WebMD Health News
Reviewed by Laura J. Martin, MD (http://www.webmd.com/martin-laura-j)

Sept. 28, 2011 -- Having even slightly high blood pressure (http://www.webmd.com/hypertension-high-blood-pressure/default.htm) may substantially increase a person’s risk of having a stroke (http://www.webmd.com/stroke/default.htm), new research shows.

The research, a review of 12 studies that included more than half a million people, found that adults who had pre-hypertension -- meaning systolic blood pressure (http://www.webmd.com/hypertension-high-blood-pressure/guide/blood-pressure-causes) (the top number) between 120 and 139 or diastolic blood (http://www.webmd.com/heart/anatomy-picture-of-blood) pressure (the bottom number) between 80 and 89 -- had a 55% increased risk of having a stroke compared to adults whose blood pressure fell within the normal range.

According to the American Heart Association, blood pressure is the most powerful determinant of a person’s stroke risk.

Researchers have long observed that people with normal blood pressure have about half the risk of having a stroke over the course of their lives as those who have high blood pressure. But it was less clear what having prehypertension might mean for heart and blood vessel health , or whether it should even be treated.

“Across the board, whether we looked at race, ethnicity, or sex, there was this higher risk of stroke if you were diagnosed with prehypertension,” says researcher Bruce Ovbiagele, MD, a neuroscience professor and director of the Stroke Center at the University of California at San Diego.

The risks associated with prehypertension were even higher, however, for young and middle-aged adults, and for those who fell in the upper end of the prehypertensive range.
The study found that adults younger than 65 with prehypertension had a 68% increased risk of stroke. And those with a systolic blood pressure between 130 and 139 or a diastolic blood pressure between 85 and 89 had a nearly 80% increased risk of stroke.

Prehypertension didn’t increase the risk of stroke risk in seniors, probably because many adults who reach that age have other risk factors, including age and related health conditions, that come into play.
“It was interesting to confirm that there is this higher risk, but it was even more interesting to be able to narrow it down to certain types of individuals who seem to be at exceptionally high risk of having a stroke if they have prehypertension,” Ovbiagele says.

The study is published in the journal Neurology.

beanlicker
02-05-2013, 05:17 AM
I posted that study not to freak you out, but instead to impress the importance of dealing with the BP issue as it arises and not waiting for it to go away on it's own.

exphys88
02-05-2013, 05:18 AM
He had one reading of slightly high bp, that study is irrelevant to him. OP just keep an eye on it. So many factors can cause high readings, including a cold, caffeine, stress etc.
You need at least 4 different readings on different days before anyone would even think twice about it.

There's also a lot of error on those machines. I take about 40 bps a day and have seen a ton of variance from those machines.

beanlicker
02-05-2013, 05:26 AM
I totally agree. Monitoring your BP would be the wise decision, but I would not dismiss the potential complications and would keep a close eye on the issue.

He never said, it was one reading (although is sounded that way) and you are correct that many factors can effect BP, but I also mentioned that above.

The article was specific, "The risks associated with prehypertension were even higher, however, for young and middle-aged adults, and for those who fell in the upper end of the prehypertensive range."

exphys88
02-05-2013, 05:36 AM
I totally agree. Monitoring your BP would be the wise decision, but I would not dismiss the potential complications and would keep a close eye on the issue.

He never said, it was one reading (although is sounded that way) and you are correct that many factors can effect BP, but I also mentioned that above.

The article was specific, "The risks associated with prehypertension were even higher, however, for young and middle-aged adults, and for those who fell in the upper end of the prehypertensive range."

Ok, I agree he needs to keep an eye on it, but he sounds like its usually fine but he had a bad reading at the pharmacy. Maybe I misunderstood his post though.

W/o a doubt, even pre hypertension needs to be addressed. Hopefully it's just a fluke reading.

Hartattakk
02-05-2013, 06:08 AM
I had the same problem, got some bp medicine from the doctor and have been good ever since.

bhcolex50x
02-05-2013, 02:47 PM
haha thx bean and esphxy, yes it was 1 reading but that being said i plan to hit a pharmacy on the way to work and check it again, it was about 30-40min after a workout so that probably had a lot to do with it. just kinda freaked me out for a sec lol

sensitivenips
02-05-2013, 03:31 PM
There could be a number of reasons for your high blood pressure.....Too much estrogen for example, just to name one of many possibilities.

Hawthorn berry, fish/krill oil, grape seed extract will all help keep your BP down.

those supplements are good, consider throwing in CoQ10 as well, cant heart to have multiple avenues. great thread you guys.

rippedgolfer
02-05-2013, 03:50 PM
If you are using the BP machine like at a supermarket I would ignore those. I did the same thing and my reading came back at like 175/110. It freaked me out and I looked down and it says for arms of circumferences of 13" or smaller. I'm not a huge guy but my arms are bigger than the average guy and that thing about cuts my blood off. I got my BP tested at the doc and it came back at 130/80 and this was within a week so I know I was getting a bad reading on that machine. I read you can buy the BP machine with a thigh cuff and that reads better for bigger arms.

ODB
02-05-2013, 04:35 PM
all good advice above.

also the use of AAS can increase ur BP. I tend towards my RBC increasing when I use (which is all the time) so I give blood (double RBC's) every 4 months which help alot.

1tuffcookie
02-05-2013, 05:09 PM
We should all just date nurses....LOL!!!! I don't trust those pharmacy machines, I've had 3 different readings at the same time..... I have 18" Biceps so My arm bearly fits anyway. I like the handheld monitor.

swinging_away
02-05-2013, 11:26 PM
good info here

luckyluke_80
02-06-2013, 01:17 AM
Hawthorn berry, fish/krill oil .... Hawthorn Berry will sometimes make your BP jump when you first few days when you take it....just fyi

beanlicker
02-06-2013, 05:43 AM
Hawthorn berry, fish/krill oil .... Hawthorn Berry will sometimes make your BP jump when you first few days when you take it....just fyi

Appreciate the feedback bro.....But don't leave us hanging, what sups do you recommend for lowering BP?

PAiN
02-06-2013, 06:34 AM
As BL said Hawthorne Berry.... It takes a couple weeks to build up in your system so also add in celery seed extract. It starts working immediately and you can run it along side the Hawthorne Berry for maximum effects.