PDA

View Full Version : Lexapro and AAS

LukasISsmall
11-17-2020, 11:09 PM
So I have started to take my ssri's again prescribed by doc. Not just a bad situation in life but I probably do have a real chemical imbalance due to heavy drug use particularly opiates and lsd from 16-22 yrs old. So I guess my question is has anyone who has really needed these meds have experience while using aas and if they slow gains and all these other things I see people say. Thanks brothers

maxmuscle1
11-17-2020, 11:21 PM
Whatever keeps your imbalance; balanced is the most important part of this{mental}. I cannot comment on the medical part. But, a guy I knows takes that particular ssri seem to grow well. He has been on lex- , for 3 years.

Max

Bragi
11-17-2020, 11:48 PM
I’ve got a 20 year history with various ssri. If anything, I lifted more and had improved appetite. I had difficulty reaching ejaculation on them. Ultimately figured out to delay a pill until after date night. Then, years later, adding Wellbutrin seemed to help.

They give them to pregnant women, I think the metabolic side effects are mild. Good luck brother. No shame in optimizing your mood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LukasISsmall
11-18-2020, 12:10 AM
Yeah hard to explain, but it definitely doesn't effect me negatively it helps mood which helps my motivation. But have just read alot of negative things on the subject. So its good to hear it doesn't effect much haha

Gizmo856
11-18-2020, 12:43 AM
I take it currently and have for years. I haven’t noticed any bad effects with it and AAS.

Bullseye Forever
11-18-2020, 03:52 AM
I’ve got a 20 year history with various ssri. If anything, I lifted more and had improved appetite. I had difficulty reaching ejaculation on them. Ultimately figured out to delay a pill until after date night. Then, years later, adding Wellbutrin seemed to help.

They give them to pregnant women, I think the metabolic side effects are mild. Good luck brother. No shame in optimizing your mood.

I agree with Bragi! I’ve taken SSRI’s and Wellbutrin for over 24 years and it’s always been a positive when running gear to gain weight alwsys give me more of an appetite

Riggs
11-18-2020, 12:04 PM
To my knowledge Lexapro is a mild drug. But I'm just repeating what I was told....

LukasISsmall
11-18-2020, 04:59 PM
I'm glad to get responses on this as I can imagine there are people out there wondering the same thing but it can be tough to bring up your own mental situations. I myself grew up with a military dad so showing emotions makes you a pussy haha so I definitely know.

Bullseye Forever
11-19-2020, 12:12 AM
To my knowledge Lexapro is a mild drug. But I'm just repeating what I was told....

Yes I’ve taken Lexapro in the past and it was a good drug,actually it’s was developed from Celexa and it’s a bit stronger than Celexa and with less side effects but I loved it,but my body got used to it after 6 years and I had to switched to a drug a new SSRI called Viibyrd and I surely do love it snd it had no sexual side effects like the old ones do snd it doesn’t effect my gear cycles