PDA

View Full Version : The Chore of Eating

LukasISsmall
12-07-2020, 06:16 PM
When eating clean do the rest of you guys have issues with appetite. Like the food is good and everything just honestly are not hungry and how many meals do you have. I do 3 meals and 2 shakes with a orange or apple or banana for a snack. Also when your about to change your diet how do you prepare for it? I personally take a week and eat whatever I want then its out of my system. Let's hear them opinions

LukasISsmall
12-07-2020, 06:23 PM
Just thought this up as I was force feeding a bowl of quinoa and ground beef. A big ass bowl

maxmuscle1
12-07-2020, 06:32 PM
Well my friend; I love food and it is far from a chore. I enjoy prepping, cooking and devouring all foods...almost all. The only time it is a chore is for a few weeks or days; which I do dread. With limited food or cooking skills; it sucks! After learning how to cook all types of ethnic and regional styles of food and cuisine; I try to make it fun or mix it up. Eating the same boring foods is necessary! The trick is making your mindset to where it is Fuel! Super Jet Fuel that you like! No one likes a water + whey shake or a can of tuna! Lol . I see your point completely though. Sometimes a few days of gorging can help![emoji1690][emoji123]

Max

LukasISsmall
12-07-2020, 06:47 PM
I eat foods I like being growing up i never really ate the typical "American diet" diet has always been a meat veggies and potatoes or pasta haha. I love to cook and eat and I always try different dishes plus the ol lady is a chef. Its just there is actually no appetite there haha. Its the first time anything like this has happened but its been about a week and only difference in my life is I started Lexapro last month. Weird..but a correlation nonetheless

maxmuscle1
12-07-2020, 06:50 PM
I eat foods I like being growing up i never really ate the typical "American diet" diet has always been a meat veggies and potatoes or pasta haha. I love to cook and eat and I always try different dishes plus the ol lady is a chef. Its just there is actually no appetite there haha. Its the first time anything like this has happened but its been about a week and only difference in my life is I started Lexapro last month. Weird..but a correlation nonetheless

Seems any medication or supp can mess with your appetite. Orals especially. I am sure it will level out. If it has always been like that, the only way to go for me is small meals; like grazing throughout the day. I can eat 3,500 calories in one sitting easily w pasta dishes !! Lol. I don’t too often or I would have to change my name to PuffMaxy! Lol

Max

jrock645
12-07-2020, 08:14 PM
The biggest thing that helped me with this stuff was learning to eat foods that are easier on the stomach. Quinoa is a no go for me, absolutely tears my GI system to shreds. So are oats, though I can eat a little bit of granola like on some yogurt, but the trendy overnight oats are an absolute nightmare for me. So i pulled a lot from the vertical diet and stick mostly to potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, meats, etc. Pay attention to your veggies too- broccoli and cauliflower are super nutritious but hard on the gut so eating a lot of stuff like that is counter productive. Definitely check out the vertical diet if you're not familiar. Theres some free articles online that give "cliff notes" so to speak, so you don't have to pay for it if you don't want.

MrHowie
12-07-2020, 08:58 PM
You guys ever watch that guy Gollum on YouTube? He is bulking to 300 pounds or something but I follow his diet and protein shakes. I noticed eating like him with the shakes makes hitting 5k calories a day easy the problem is burning it all off so you don’t get too fat haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elvia1023
12-08-2020, 03:00 AM
This is what I ate the other day and it's a typical day for me right now...

1.5 scoops of EAA's, 1 scoop of Ghost greens powder and 10g glutamine.
Beef meatballs, jasmine rice and goji berries.
Beef meatballs, long grain rice and a banana.
INTRA 2 scoops of EAA's, 30g HBCD's, 5g creatine and 10g glutamine.
2 steaks, jasmine rice, chopped dates and goji berries.
Chicken breast, long grain rice, avocado and red grapes.
1.5 scoops of EAA's, 1 scoop of Ghost greens powder and 10g glutamine.
Steak, wholegrain/wild rice, raspberries and cashew butter.

The above is easy for me to get down. I will only be adding to the above when I start to grow more. I will probably stick to 5 meals but just increase cals in certain meals and also increasing my intra shake over time. Most of the meals above contain 50g protein and 100-120g carbs. The fat varies but it's at about 120-140g per day. If people are struggling with getting food down I would recommend training brutally hard and when possible taking a short walk after all/most meals. For people who need to boost calories in a simple way I would recommend adding shakes and/or nut butter with or between meals. I would also recommend adding in a very large meal pre bed as you will be sleeping and have loads of time to digest it.

kubes
12-08-2020, 04:04 AM
When eating clean do the rest of you guys have issues with appetite. Like the food is good and everything just honestly are not hungry and how many meals do you have. I do 3 meals and 2 shakes with a orange or apple or banana for a snack. Also when your about to change your diet how do you prepare for it? I personally take a week and eat whatever I want then its out of my system. Let's hear them opinions

You are probably not eating enough. Here is what I ate today and I’m starving within an hour of each meal

Meal 1

8 egg whites 2 yolk 1 Ezekiel muffin 16 oz glass of orange juice right when I woke up

Meal 2

6 oz steak 200 grams sweet potato

Meal 3

6 oz grilled chicken breast 1 cup of rice

Meal 4

6 oz meat balls with greens broccoli and 1 serving roasted cashews

Meal 5

6 oz grilled chicken breast with greens again and avocado

Meal 6

Casein shake before bed

Each meal is about 50 grams protein and 40 grams of carbs until I get to the meals with greens. The meals with greens I focus on the fats to slow my digestive track before bed

coalminer78
12-08-2020, 06:28 AM
You are probably not eating enough. Here is what I ate today and I’m starving within an hour of each meal

Meal 1

8 egg whites 2 yolk 1 Ezekiel muffin 16 oz glass of orange juice right when I woke up

Meal 2

6 oz steak 200 grams sweet potato

Meal 3

6 oz grilled chicken breast 1 cup of rice

Meal 4

6 oz meat balls with greens broccoli and 1 serving roasted cashews

Meal 5

6 oz grilled chicken breast with greens again and avocado

Meal 6

Casein shake before bed

Each meal is about 50 grams protein and 40 grams of carbs until I get to the meals with greens. The meals with greens I focus on the fats to slow my digestive track before bedDang that almost my normal but I eat salmon in place of meatballs. I have hard time eating it all unless I'm on EQ tho.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Popeye*
12-08-2020, 06:56 AM
I follow flexibility that I can stick to more so than the same shit over and over. I gotta pick foods I enjoy but are lower in fat (other than something like salmon and walnuts or flaxseed oil) and easily digestible. No matter who says what is good if I can’t digest as efficient then it’s out. Goes hand in hand with inflammation imo.

FIRST MEAL

I noticed, for me personally, that getting most of my fat in for my first meal without many carbs, then getting some good amount of carbs throughout the day with minimal fats, I lose more fat. May have something to do with metabolism I don’t know 100%.

PRE WORKOUT

I can’t have much protein. I’ll have a bad pump and just won’t feel as clean or good. I’ll do mostly carbs and extra salt within an hour before weight training.

POST WORKOUT

Protein shake and a banana a bit after and then a pretty decent size meal when I’m actually really really hungry. Something like salmon and sweet potatoes or red potatoes and lean beef.

I fuck myself over when I try and track calories, protein, and carbs. But some type of structure and simple guidelines will keep me from getting way off track. Maybe I’ll skip breakfast cause I’m not hungry but make up for it next meal. But I don’t compete so this may not ideal for that line of work.

Madmatt13
12-08-2020, 08:05 AM
My appetite is the biggest thing on me right now and I'm only cruising. Like someone mentioned above: I'm ravenously hungry within an hour of eating.

maxmuscle1
12-08-2020, 11:45 AM
My appetite is the biggest thing on me right now and I'm only cruising. Like someone mentioned above: I'm ravenously hungry within an hour of eating.

That is my whole life! Lol. I used to get a beat down for drinking too much milk or eating too much! Big family, big consequences!! Lol. Food was a huge part of my family and still is....probably why our lives revolve around it!! If I see good food, even if stuffed; my appetite is still going. Not snacks or chips or candy or anything packaged or canned really; most definitely not fast food! I seriously look at processed food as Garbage or a Chemical Creation. It helps me stay away from them: beyond the 12 types of sodiums, preservatives, ingredients I have never heard of!! If I eat chicken, I want chicken! Not injected w a some solution, sent through carbon monoxide gas chamber, or chemicals for shampoo inside my food! lol. One ingredient at a time is good!
I would rather eat butter, salt, unenriched-organic wheat flour rolled up in pork fat than a bad of Doritos! I shit you not! Two rules: NO HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, NO ENRICHED FLOUR. Start there. I have many rules but just try to avoid those two and see how many items in the store you can eat??? You will be surprised...,especially if you have a special diet. I have people with Celiac Disease and have to eat gluten free; the food they make for them is like a ridiculous science experiment on the ingredient list. I am ranting but, the old Farmers Diet wasn’t so bad! I am speaking of the 1940’s Farmer! Lol. Additives, Preservatives, and Enriched foods are not in my repertoire. That said: CHEAT MEALS ARE NECESSARY AND ALL RULES ARE OFF!! lol [emoji38]

I dont drink soda and I do not drink alcohol and I do not take tobacco in any way, shape, or form. I would rather eat at McDonald’s or Taco Bell!! I still haven’t had my Mt Dew Riggs and Kubes!! Lmao. I actually dont miss it. But I do! A new Box comes out or I see some New Concoction on TV. I want it !! So I just create my own version of it. Make it my way{a lot of you have seen my creations}! I can basically make my own In-and-Out or Shake Shack or Chick-Fil-A.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201208/9a38c307f2a9743661c708aa944a8ec8.plist
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201208/452df31694c0c2620393168d915f88a5.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201208/511ca1c5e36e38768ab6e9d78401be40.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201208/8d66115b82f6539d3992601ca8c4bc40.plist
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201208/8b3d16f0240ba12956bbd020b6e37a50.plist
Just a few of the Homemade Madness Foods I make! I made every one of those dishes! Why eat out! Lol

Max [emoji123][emoji123][emoji39]

Madmatt13
12-08-2020, 12:20 PM
That is my whole life! Lol. I used to get a beat down for drinking too much milk or eating too much! Big family, big consequences!! Lol. Food was a huge part of my family and still is....probably why our lives revolve around it!! If I see good food, even if stuffed; my appetite is still going. Not snacks or chips or candy or anything packaged or canned really; most definitely not fast food! I seriously look at processed food as Garbage or a Chemical Creation. It helps me stay away from them: beyond the 12 types of sodiums, preservatives, ingredients I have never heard of!! If I eat chicken, I want chicken! Not injected w a some solution, sent through carbon monoxide gas chamber, or chemicals for shampoo inside my food! lol. One ingredient at a time is good!
I would rather eat butter, salt, unenriched-organic wheat flour rolled up in pork fat than a bad of Doritos! I shit you not! Two rules: NO HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, NO ENRICHED FLOUR. Start there. I have many rules but just try to avoid those two and see how many items in the store you can eat??? You will be surprised...,especially if you have a special diet. I have people with Celiac Disease and have to eat gluten free; the food they make for them is like a ridiculous science experiment on the ingredient list. I am ranting but, the old Farmers Diet wasn’t so bad! I am speaking of the 1940’s Farmer! Lol. Additives, Preservatives, and Enriched foods are not in my repertoire. That said: CHEAT MEALS ARE NECESSARY AND ALL RULES ARE OFF!! lol [emoji38]

I dont drink soda and I do not drink alcohol and I do not take tobacco in any way, shape, or form. I would rather eat at McDonald’s or Taco Bell!! I still haven’t had my Mt Dew Riggs and Kubes!! Lmao. I actually dont miss it. But I do! A new Box comes out or I see some New Concoction on TV. I want it !! So I just create my own version of it. Make it my way{a lot of you have seen my creations}! I can basically make my own In-and-Out or Shake Shack or Chick-Fil-A.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201208/9a38c307f2a9743661c708aa944a8ec8.plist
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201208/8d66115b82f6539d3992601ca8c4bc40.plist
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201208/8b3d16f0240ba12956bbd020b6e37a50.plist
Just a few of the Homemade Madness Foods I make! I made every one of those dishes! Why eat out! Lol

Max [emoji123][emoji123][emoji39]

Max I am drooling over that food and your description. I gave up getting take-out multiple times a week and started cooking at home and I am SO much happier for the decision. Not to mention I've been shedding body fat just by eating healthy, it's a win-win!

LukasISsmall
12-08-2020, 12:22 PM
Holy shit max were you a professional chef in your past life haha. It looks good!! I'd definitely take a trip to Max's drive thru. But on my appetite I think it'll pick up here soon, probably just that week of eating garbage.

maxmuscle1
12-08-2020, 12:28 PM
Max I am drooling over that food and your description. I gave up getting take-out multiple times a week and started cooking at home and I am SO much happier for the decision. Not to mention I've been shedding body fat just by eating healthy, it's a win-win!

That is awesome! I am ordering food but, good food delivered. Like Alaskan Fish Co and NZ meats!! No more crap foods from the commercials! Lol. Smart man. I always say: a successful body comes with learning how to cook; no matter what $$ situation someone is in. If I had to do cans of tuna and 20lb Bags of dry pinto beans and Rice, I would do it. I did it in a dorm w a conduction pad, toaster oven and a rice/pressure cooker! Pissed off the RA, but ...fuck em! Lol
Oh- thanks George Foreman [emoji1787][emoji23][emoji23]!!

Max

maxmuscle1
12-08-2020, 12:43 PM
Holy shit max were you a professional chef in your past life haha. It looks good!! I'd definitely take a trip to Max's drive thru. But on my appetite I think it'll pick up here soon, probably just that week of eating garbage.

That’ll do it! My week of eating what I want days are getting shorter and shorter! More like one or two meals every week and they are still homemade or sushi; even that I am making myself. Harder when you are avoiding stores! I have faith that when you eat whole Food, single item foods{like fresh, grilled chicken and steamed rice:maybe a touch of rice wine vinegar} even fatty avocados and whole eggs over some Dave’s Killer Bread! Your body gets back that ghrelin- I wanna Eat feeling back! [emoji108][emoji106][emoji123]

Max

jolter604
12-08-2020, 01:10 PM

Max [emoji123][emoji123][emoji39]Nice view pimp

Eat, pound, sleep....

Jetblack14316
12-08-2020, 01:25 PM
I definitely don’t find it a chore but remember being there at one point man. I also eat the same quite often. More so because I have multiple stomach diseases, but also because it’s easier.

I honestly just throw some diet soda in with a meal here and there, Switch up my carb and protein source, switch up seasonings, switch the order in which I eat them. It helps, for me.

Even little shit like lately I’ve been making my shakers thicket with more ice and the consistency has helped keep me interested.

I eat 5-7 times a day. Typically 5, sometimes 7 when my schedule is thrown due to work.

I’ll get creative and make new shit when it’s a “refeed” day.

- [emoji927]

Madmatt13
12-08-2020, 02:11 PM
That is awesome! I am ordering food but, good food delivered. Like Alaskan Fish Co and NZ meats!! No more crap foods from the commercials! Lol. Smart man. I always say: a successful body comes with learning how to cook; no matter what $$ situation someone is in. If I had to do cans of tuna and 20lb Bags of dry pinto beans and Rice, I would do it. I did it in a dorm w a conduction pad, toaster oven and a rice/pressure cooker! Pissed off the RA, but ...fuck em! Lol
Oh- thanks George Foreman [emoji1787][emoji23][emoji23]!!

Max

Yeah bro, I live in a really rural area so delivery is limited to pizza, grinders, etc... I absolutely love going to the commissary on base and buying bulk meat. The beef, chicken, and pork are so cheap it doesn't make sense to not eat good stuff constantly. Filet Mignon like twice a week makes me so happy! XD The rice and beans are something I love too. I like the Success Basmati or Brown rice bags, throw 'em in the pot, cook the protein or beans (or both), throw 'em on top and chow like a hound!

maxmuscle1
12-08-2020, 02:34 PM
Yeah bro, I live in a really rural area so delivery is limited to pizza, grinders, etc... I absolutely love going to the commissary on base and buying bulk meat. The beef, chicken, and pork are so cheap it doesn't make sense to not eat good stuff constantly. Filet Mignon like twice a week makes me so happy! XD The rice and beans are something I love too. I like the Success Basmati or Brown rice bags, throw 'em in the pot, cook the protein or beans (or both), throw 'em on top and chow like a hound!

Perfect [emoji108]! It is nice having that available!! [emoji123][emoji123][emoji108]

Max

Argon Coagulator
12-12-2020, 12:26 AM
I think our body is fairly good at knowing how much we need to eat to facilitate certain process such as muscle growth due to a training stress. If you train fairly hard it should make you hungry enough to eat enough food to build new muscle and refill glycogen stores and blood protein levels. Atleast that's how it works for me. I imagine not everyone has an efficient appetite and I'm sure that makes eating a grind.

Bigshow300
12-30-2020, 03:07 PM
For me the meal prepping of a diet is the biggest chore. I don’t like cooking but its a must. I eat 6-7 times a day on a diet and am still starving all day. My calorie intake is about 3000 cal on a diet due to my size and I usually follow a 40/40/20 split. I try and eat 4-5 meals of Whole Foods and 1-2 shakes a day tops. For dinner I’ll cook extra to eat for the next day and prep the sweet potatoes and other carbs once a week for the rest of the week.

maxmuscle1
12-30-2020, 04:55 PM
For me the meal prepping of a diet is the biggest chore. I don’t like cooking but its a must. I eat 6-7 times a day on a diet and am still starving all day. My calorie intake is about 3000 cal on a diet due to my size and I usually follow a 40/40/20 split. I try and eat 4-5 meals of Whole Foods and 1-2 shakes a day tops. For dinner I’ll cook extra to eat for the next day and prep the sweet potatoes and other carbs once a week for the rest of the week.

You are right about it being a MUST! Prepping and cooking are the biggest part of bodybuilding for me. My first love as a kid...food!! Lol [emoji106][emoji108]. I definitely want to get back to more meals per day vs my Covid Mega meals 3x daily. I enjoy the 4-5 solid meals with 1-2 shakes. Usually I’ll make a supplement/organ protection/antioxidant shake early, as most of my supps are bulk powders{cheaper than capsule, branded}. Usually:
Blueberries, raspberries, Spinach, hemp/flax, Knox Gelatin, MSM, NAC, Tudca, MIC, Gluthianone, Curcumin, mixed omegas, r-ala, Betator, banana, water. Then a post workout shake w carbs/whey isolate/Creapure. Cooking for 4-5 days at a time is great; especially if you can cook it mainly on the outdoor grill. [emoji122][emoji123][emoji123]

Max

ilovehgh
01-04-2021, 05:15 AM
I just started dieting and I look forward to eating, but the chewing not so much lol. I make yummy meals and not that plain rice and boiled chicken breast most people think dieting is all about.

For protein it's grilled chicken breast, eggs and steamed tilapia and for carbs I go with brown rice and whole wheat wraps. Easiest way for me to prep my food is to make wraps. Easy peezy :)