PDA

View Full Version : Federal Crackdown on Chinese hGH Leads to Huge Profits for Big Pharma

ShortnWide
02-12-2013, 10:36 AM
This is a bit old but i thought it was an interesting fact.

Federal Crackdown on Chinese hGH Leads to Huge Profits for Big Pharma

Federal Crackdown on Chinese hGH Leads to Huge Profits for Big Pharma
by Millard Baker ~ source

U.S.-based pharmaceutical companies who manufacture human growth hormone (hGH) have had record sales ever since the federal government cracked down on the import of hGH made by foreign manufacturers. An investigation by the Associated Press into performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs) discovered that sales of hGH increased by up to 69% from 2005 to 2012.

In 2006, the United States Department of Justice used anti-terrorism laws to disrupt the illegal distribution of hGH on the black market and by compounding pharmacies during Operation Raw Deal. The former attorney general celebrated the (mis)use of the Patriot act to eliminate Jintropin brand hGH from being circulated in thed United States.

CEO Lei Jin and Genescience Pharmaceuticals (GeneSci) were hit with a federal indictment accusing the company of illegally marketing and distributing hGH to bodybuilders in the United States. The company and its CEO pleaded guilty and agreed to forfeit $7.2 million dollars and contribute $3 million towards promoting steroid-free sports competition.

Jintropin accounted for the majority of hGH sales prior to its removal from the market. The government?s action eliminated competition for U.S.-based pharmaceutical companies such as Genentech, Pfizer and Eli Lilly. Genentech?s hGH products are marketed as Protropin and Nutropin. Pfizer has Genotropin. And Eli Lilly has Humatrope.

Genentech, Pfizer and Eli Lilly reported $400 million, $300 million and $220 million in sales in 2011. Genentech?s revenue is up over 60% since the government cracked down on Jintropin sales.

HGH is such a big seller for Pfizer that its sales eclipse the popular anti-depression drug Zoloft.

According to the AP investigation, the crack down on sales of Jintropin didn?t eliminate the illegal distribution of hGH. The AP?s analysis of sales data suggests almost half of the hGH sold in the United States is prescribed for off-label purposes. While the off-label use of most FDA-approved prescription drugs is legally permitted, the off-label use of hGH is criminally prohibited.

The government?s use of anti-terrorism laws to removed Genescience and Jintropin from the marketplace didn?t stop the illegal use of hGH. It simply allowed U.S.-based manufacturers (?big pharma?) to take over the market and profit from hGH?s off label use.

Source:
Caruso, D. (December 21, 2012). AP IMPACT: Big Pharma cashes in on HGH abuse. Retrieved from AP IMPACT: Big Pharma cashes in on HGH abuse - Salon.com

OaklandRaiders
02-12-2013, 12:13 PM
I would love to get some good hgh I hear it's pretty expensive though

PAiN
02-13-2013, 12:34 AM
Big pharma's huge profits that's what it's all about. It always has been and always will be.

Thanks for the article bro.

ShortnWide
02-13-2013, 02:29 AM
I would love to get some good hgh I hear it's pretty expensive though

yeah its around $6.00 - $12.00 per IU for real pharm GH.
Chinese GH is $1.00 - $2.50 per IU, big difference in price and quality.

gator-mclusky
02-14-2013, 06:22 AM
Yea, my brother works for big pharma. Once the patent expires theyre fucked and lay peeps off even with the billions in profits.
I can see how cheap Chineese hgh would piss off the industry!!!!

thundercat900
02-19-2013, 11:57 PM
Big Pharma and Big Oil never lose!

muscle booster
03-27-2013, 06:02 PM
Big Pharma has not achieved anything.

Greenegorilla2
03-29-2013, 03:56 PM
Good article.

FastTrack
03-29-2013, 05:15 PM
Chinese are the kings of monkey see monkey do. From fake Rolexs to gh they'll copy and produce it.

Shortwhitesprinter
06-03-2013, 12:47 PM
I use Chinese gh from time to time...yeah big pharma...can suck it...shit I remember back when jintropin was under 1.4 a unit....lol...

Boltbreaker
06-04-2013, 03:16 AM
FUCK Big Pharma

Stickball
06-14-2013, 07:19 AM
$$$

Gopro
06-14-2013, 11:33 AM
Damn, and i was researching hGH cause i wanted to do a run. But now that question is out of the water!!! :(

bigdude
06-14-2013, 01:19 PM
Well shit

skinney
06-30-2013, 03:53 PM
supply and demand ,!were there is a want there will always be a source from drugs to pussy!!!!never changes.i love this country.dont trust the government but love this country!!!!!!

delucainc
07-04-2013, 12:12 AM
GREAT ARTICLE