PDA

View Full Version : Natural PB trick

RockShawn
02-12-2013, 06:22 PM
I just realized, as I opened a fresh jar of Smucker's Natty PB, that I've never shared my stirring trick. Most people avoid Natural PB cause they have to stir in the oil or opt for the "no-stir" kinds that add maple syrup or some other ingredient to keep it from separating.

The trick is to lay the jar on it's side for a couple of hours, then on it's lid for a couple hours then back upright. It makes it way easier to finish stiring in the oil.

colochine
02-12-2013, 06:51 PM
I drink the oil then eat the pnut butter.

RockShawn
02-12-2013, 06:57 PM

Lol. You would!!

exphys88
02-12-2013, 07:11 PM

Lol

colochine
02-12-2013, 07:41 PM
I wish the oil was sarc tren ace in the PB :(

kuntrykok
02-12-2013, 07:55 PM
Excellent idea! And I really like the Tren oil Pnut butter. :)

colochine
02-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Excellent idea! And I really like the Tren oil Pnut butter. :)

Lol exactly protein and jackedness all in one!

PAiN
02-13-2013, 04:54 PM
Awesome idea bro thanks.

PAiN
02-13-2013, 04:55 PM

Lol. You would!!

LMAO

sensitivenips
02-13-2013, 05:36 PM
nice! will have to try this trick when i have some hours.

colochine
02-13-2013, 06:43 PM
nice! will have to try this trick when i have some hours.

LOL!! Must be nice to sit at home and play halo all day rock!!

RockShawn
02-13-2013, 10:29 PM
LOL!! Must be nice to sit at home and play halo all day rock!!

That's me bro, halo and PB all day long. It's the secret to my success! Shhh

PAiN
02-21-2013, 06:42 PM
^^^HAHAHA

superman
03-02-2013, 06:26 PM
Good trick. Got a jar to open now.

LiftEngineer
03-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Nice trick. Will try this.

Greenegorilla2
03-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Stir the oil in and refrigerate! It's stays together longer... But... Peanut butter is high in polysaturated fats which aren't that good for you.
Polyunsaturated fats suppress the immune system
Polyunsaturated fats (PUFs) are greatly immunosuppressive, and anything that suppresses the immune system is likely to cause cancer. The first person to suggest that polyunsaturated fats cause cancer was Dr R A Newsholme of Oxford University, England. (6) What Newsholme wrote was that when our bodies get sufficient nutrition, our diet includes immunosuppressive PUFs which make us prone to infection by bacteria and viruses. When we are starved, however, our body stores of PUFs are depleted. This allows our bodies' immune systems to recover which, in turn, allows us to fight existing infection and prevent other infections. He was making the point that the immunosuppressive effects of PUFs in sunflower seeds are useful in treating autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis, (7) and that the same fatty acids could be used to suppress the immune system to prevent rejection of kidney transplants.

It was during the early days of kidney transplantation that doctors first encountered the problem of tissue rejection as their patients' bodies destroyed the alien transplanted kidneys. If transplantation were to be a success, they had to find a way to suppress the immune system. Newsholme had said that there was no better way to immunosuppress a renal patient than with sunflower seed oil. So kidney transplant doctors fed their patients linoleic acid. (8) (Linoleic acid is the major polyunsaturated fatty acid in vegetable oils.) But the transplant doctors were then astonished to see how quickly their patients developed cancers: some cancers were up to twenty times as frequent as was expected.

This was in line with heart trials using diets that were high in PUFs which, reported an excess of cancer deaths from as early as 1971. (9)

RockShawn
03-07-2013, 03:24 PM
Well that was both informative and depressing.

Stir the oil in and refrigerate! It's stays together longer... But... Peanut butter is high in polysaturated fats which aren't that good for you.
Polyunsaturated fats suppress the immune system
Polyunsaturated fats (PUFs) are greatly immunosuppressive, and anything that suppresses the immune system is likely to cause cancer. The first person to suggest that polyunsaturated fats cause cancer was Dr R A Newsholme of Oxford University, England. (6) What Newsholme wrote was that when our bodies get sufficient nutrition, our diet includes immunosuppressive PUFs which make us prone to infection by bacteria and viruses. When we are starved, however, our body stores of PUFs are depleted. This allows our bodies' immune systems to recover which, in turn, allows us to fight existing infection and prevent other infections. He was making the point that the immunosuppressive effects of PUFs in sunflower seeds are useful in treating autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis, (7) and that the same fatty acids could be used to suppress the immune system to prevent rejection of kidney transplants.

It was during the early days of kidney transplantation that doctors first encountered the problem of tissue rejection as their patients' bodies destroyed the alien transplanted kidneys. If transplantation were to be a success, they had to find a way to suppress the immune system. Newsholme had said that there was no better way to immunosuppress a renal patient than with sunflower seed oil. So kidney transplant doctors fed their patients linoleic acid. (8) (Linoleic acid is the major polyunsaturated fatty acid in vegetable oils.) But the transplant doctors were then astonished to see how quickly their patients developed cancers: some cancers were up to twenty times as frequent as was expected.

This was in line with heart trials using diets that were high in PUFs which, reported an excess of cancer deaths from as early as 1971. (9)

overburdened
03-07-2013, 04:15 PM
I haven't seen that study, nor heard of it but these same fatty acids are excellent for fat loss.. I believe short term use when dieting would have no effect on immunosuppresion, especially since its being used as quickly as its taken in. If someone can find a study showing this to not be true, I would like to see it. Thanks for the info.

Greenegorilla2
03-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Yea I am a high fat high protein guy so I'm on top of the fat world ..j usually go for a almond and cashew mix. Gt all the fats and little poly

RockShawn
03-07-2013, 08:32 PM
Yea I am a high fat high protein guy so I'm on top of the fat world ..j usually go for a almond and cashew mix. Gt all the fats and little poly

How do you feel about coconut oil?

Greenegorilla2
03-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Tht is my go to oil of choice, it is high in medium chain fatty acids, helps your immune system, helps your skin, hell people even use it for their hair!, coconut oil has been around for many years but just now gaining popularity, and not to mention its been shown to speed up metabolic rates... Sounds like a winner.