View Full Version : chicken breasts help

af86
02-12-2013, 07:11 PM
I cover my chicken breasts in a pan, seal it up good with foil but they
Still come out dry I rub a little olive oil and seasonings but still dry
I cook em on 400° for 22min.

PAiN
02-13-2013, 12:27 AM
I would lower the temperature and the cooking time. It sounds like they are being overcooked especially if you use olive oil on them and wrapped in foil.

Try 350 degrees for 15 minutes and see how they turn out.

rippedgolfer
02-13-2013, 12:49 AM
Ya like Pain said, 350 degrees. 400 is too high for chicken. Or get a meat thermometer and pull it at the right temp. That would be the most accurate.

bigtruckguy
02-13-2013, 01:09 AM
im weird I boil mine for about 5 minutes then season them and grill them... They always turn out juicy.. Boiling them first also helps to cook all the pieces of skin and and i guess cartlidge making it easier to trim off...

jinko
02-13-2013, 01:52 AM
Temperature is relative to the oven (350 hot in one, not so much in another). Also is your oven gas or electric?

Cut the chicken into small pieces add the following and enjoy.

macadamia nut oil, enough to coat the pain lightly
1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage

bionic redneck
02-13-2013, 02:20 AM
i throw them on a george foreman after i sprinkle mrs dash and garlic powder on them...

swinging_away
02-13-2013, 02:59 AM
Tenderize them (pound them with a hammer) before you do anything to them. It breaks the protein fibers down.

A marinade over night is going to help a bunch too. Poultry needs that amount of time to be effective, IMO.

Beef needs only 4 hours or so but helps if you marinade overnight as well.

deezy
02-13-2013, 03:08 AM
I used to bake my chicken but that took too long IMO...now I fry them. Spray "butter" spray in a pan, set stove top to med (don't go higher than med-hi). I put my mrs. dash and garlic salt on them then immediately flip them. Season the next side and put the lid on. After about 5 min I get my tongs and scissors and cut them up into bite sized pieces and recover with the occasional stirring. Remove from heat and measure out portions. There will still be some juice in the pan, I just pour mine over my dog's food, they love food prep sundays. Chicken stays juicy even after microwaving the next day.

grizzlylongcut
02-13-2013, 03:42 AM
i just boil mine,throw in some cajun seasoning in water

gator-mclusky
02-13-2013, 05:31 AM
I almost cant stand chicken breast after all the yrs. lol Now I put plenty in Jumbalaya.

IRONNMANN
02-13-2013, 02:21 PM
You can use Shake and bake and put them in the oven , works for me.
adds flavor and doesn't dry out.

crush
02-14-2013, 03:03 PM
I like to put mine on the grill on tin foil. Add fresh onion and chopped garlic with some Cajun seasoning, and cover with another piece of foil. Helps keep the moisture in. Cook at about 350. Oil the bottom piece of foil before you put on the chicken...keeps it from sticking

brass
02-14-2013, 08:55 PM
I pound my chicken thin with a meat hammer, season with salt and spicies or a seasoned salt, then pan fry in olive oil.

Results in a nice crust and moist chicken.

PAiN
02-15-2013, 02:28 PM
Great tips here guys! Keep it up!

LexLuger
02-20-2013, 07:05 AM
Yeah I need me some MsDash too. I usually wash them with vinegar/lemon juice and water, pat dry with paper towel, then season with a garlic& pepper seasoning,lil salt too. Throw some olive oil on pan n foughedaboutit. lol

Jshredz
02-20-2013, 04:56 PM
i throw them on a george foreman after i sprinkle mrs dash and garlic powder on them...

This is exactly what i do. Love that Mrs dash!

You gotta get the timing right on the foreman trial and error depending on the thickness of the chicken breast.

If you plan on eating right away you can cook a little a longer and it still comes out juicy

If you going to save it and pack it for your other meals you need to reduced the cooking time OR it will get dry when you nuked it to warm it up!

halfApint
02-20-2013, 11:28 PM
Whole wheat bread crumbs and cook in olive oil until cooked partially - then bake in some tomato sauce, I eat WAY too much chicken this way.
If the rest of your diet is in check you can do this quite often

srilankanmuscle
02-22-2013, 06:14 PM
I pan broil my chicken in kikkoman soy sauce. Stays pretty moist for me.

flyingfox272
02-23-2013, 10:22 PM
Try this,
Pan sear the breasts in olive oil just enough to seal and give them a little color, the center is still raw.
Place in a crock pot along with a can of either cream of celery, cream of broccoli, there are a few to chose from.
let this cook low and slow.
Serve over brown rice and your favorite veggies.
This is not a low fat recipe but man cannot live on dry boring chicken breasts!

halfApint
02-24-2013, 09:44 PM
I tried something new this week and I cannot get enough!
Buy a huge chicken/turkey/whatever raw - cook
or buy one pre-cooked - whole
Buy zucchini (my favorite veggie, or choose another
wash, cut 1/4in thick and cook covered in frying pan on low heat in olive oil
The moisture from the zucchini will make it soft, flip when it looks like its getting "wet" you'll see the olive oil coming through
pick apart entire chicken/turkey. take massive pile and add to zucchini in frying pan
Add teriyaki glaze or sauce, add half handful of sesame seeds
still covered, cook until heated and mixed after adding glaze/sauce/seeds
eat and store the rest

tons of protein, low in fat, look for lower sodium sauces, and veggies. This is a dish you will NOT get tired of eating.
I eat it everyday! Unless you are competing you shouldn't be too worried about sodium, if you are adjust your diet in
other areas or drink more fluids