PDA

View Full Version : Leg training ideas.

Charger69
01-24-2021, 02:58 PM
First off, I compete so I am not new to this. I am 54, had back surgery and knee issues.
I am finding that my left leg is smaller than my right leg. I started doing one legged presses and I noted that my left leg has pain around the knee when I go to parallel. Right leg is fine.
I tried one leg leg extensions and it kills my left leg with pain.
I presently seperate my leg workout into quads one day and hams the other. I am on a 4 day split ( have two a days once In Those 4 days.
1). Does anyone have any ideas on how to make my legs grow faster. Belt squats have shown an improvement over squats.
2). What is the best way to get the symmetry between the legs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drillit
01-24-2021, 11:28 PM
I’ll DM you. I’ve got a solid leg day that’s helping me a lot.

Argon Coagulator
01-24-2021, 11:50 PM
What's working for me right now is just the basic 5 work sets of 8 reps of squats.

I'll do 2 warm up sets, then 5 work sets ramped up, using percentages based off your estimated 8 rep max.

60%-70%-80%-90%-100%.

Add 5 lbs per week.

It's not ideal for max strength but for quad and glute size it's working wonders. By the time you reach your last set, your knees are so lubed warmup and ready that it doesn't even feel any heavier than the 80-90% sets - it's a great way to train for size while not having to use max weights that are hard on the joints. Do more than 8 reps on the last set if you can.