PDA

View Full Version : How long do y’all use a workout regime?

Bullseye Forever
02-14-2021, 09:08 PM
I try to use the same workout at least 8-10 weeks depending on the way my body feels then I change up

maxmuscle1
02-14-2021, 09:33 PM
Until I have finished and plateaued using different rep or tempo scheme. Then it is time.

Max

Bullseye Forever
02-14-2021, 09:34 PM
Until I have finished and plateaued using different rep or tempo scheme. Then it is time.

Max

Yes me too man I listen to my body and change when it seems to not work anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Argon Coagulator
02-14-2021, 09:39 PM
I'll usually stick to a workout split for an entire cycle, so probably around 12-13 weeks. After the cycle I'll switch to more of a deload mode since my strength and recovery ability goes down anyway.

Argon Coagulator
02-14-2021, 09:59 PM
Faux double post.

*XXL
02-14-2021, 10:16 PM
I change every 3-4 weeks. I get board easily and my body adapt. Change tempos, reps and sets usually more often than regimen itself.

Bullseye Forever
02-14-2021, 10:22 PM
I change every 3-4 weeks. I get board easily and my body adapt. Change tempos, reps and sets usually more often than regimen itself.

I can imagine man,it doesn’t take long to get tired of the same old old everyday for weeks in end

*XXL
02-14-2021, 10:25 PM
I can imagine man,it doesn’t take long to get tired of the same old old everyday for weeks in end

My body and mind respond better to this. I can’t do 6-8 week regimens. Usually 4 weeks, 5th is transition where I go high reps less sets or less sets slow tempo. Then week 6 I begin new regimen. Not always perfect but something like that [emoji1306]

Bullseye Forever
02-14-2021, 10:29 PM
My body and mind respond better to this. I can’t do 6-8 week regimens. Usually 4 weeks, 5th is transition where I go high reps less sets or less sets slow tempo. Then week 6 I begin new regimen. Not always perfect but something like that [emoji1306]

Usually 8 weeks is my max of doing a workout

*XXL
02-14-2021, 10:46 PM
Usually 8 weeks is my max of doing a workout

I would quit at 4 weeks [emoji38] But we all different [emoji1306]

ilovehgh
02-15-2021, 03:56 PM

THIS^ for max muscle growth! Most people don't realize the importance of always shocking the muscles by switching things up frequently. Most people switch it up when they adapt and plateau and that's just a waste of time.

Bullseye Forever
02-16-2021, 01:08 AM
I started a new workout this morning after 5 weeks on my previous one

Argon Coagulator
02-16-2021, 03:24 AM
I would quit at 4 weeks [emoji38] But we all different [emoji1306]

So you don't get strength gains past 3-4 weeks on a certain routine? I'm barely getting ramped up to max poundages by the 3-4 week mark.

*XXL
02-16-2021, 02:53 PM
So you don't get strength gains past 3-4 weeks on a certain routine? I'm barely getting ramped up to max poundages by the 3-4 week mark.

I always been a strong dude. Not sure why, I honestly don’t want to get stronger. Sounds lame but more into shaping my body. I might do 2 strength cycles a year. Usually the same, 3-4 weeks long.

Bullseye Forever
02-17-2021, 04:29 AM
I'll usually stick to a workout split for an entire cycle, so probably around 12-13 weeks. After the cycle I'll switch to more of a deload mode since my strength and recovery ability goes down anyway.

Wow that’s a long time

Argon Coagulator
02-17-2021, 04:55 AM
I always been a strong dude. Not sure why, I honestly don’t want to get stronger. Sounds lame but more into shaping my body. I might do 2 strength cycles a year. Usually the same, 3-4 weeks long.

I see. I suppose if you're just pumping up and not worried about strength then it doesn't hurt to change up routines often.

Argon Coagulator
02-17-2021, 04:57 AM
Wow that’s a long time

Yeah I guess it is. The first few weeks are just gaining back lost strength from being on TRT. I just never really seem to plateau when I blast - respond well to the gear, so I hate to change the routine because I want to keep riding that wave. Lol

But I have never, ever been able to maintain the strength I had on a blast while cruising on TRT. It just doesn't work that way for me. I mean I can make some slow, steady progress on TRT, but nothing compared to a blast.

Bullseye Forever
02-17-2021, 05:03 AM
Yeah I guess it is. The first few weeks are just gaining back lost strength from being on TRT. I just never really seem to plateau when I blast - respond well to the gear, so I hate to change the routine because I want to keep riding that wave. Lol

But I have never, ever been able to maintain the strength I had on a blast while cruising on TRT. It just doesn't work that way for me. I mean I can make some slow, steady progress on TRT, but nothing compared to a blast.

Now when I’m just on TRT i also use 100mg of Masteron and 100mg of NPP I know that’s not enough to I help mass building but it helps my joints snd increases my libido that’s why I just Them on my cruise and I’ll like you I can’t seem to gain much muscle but using just TRT regime usually do 3-4 cycles per year or did before I got hurt I’d do like a 10-12 week then take off a few weeks and start again but I don’t use tren at all ,I only use test,npp,Masteron,and primo so most all them are less harmful I know that’s to many cycles in a year but I do them anyway

Argon Coagulator
02-17-2021, 05:04 AM
You think I'm crazy... Maxx Muscle has been doing the same full body routine since September of 2020. Lol! Kudos to him for being able to handle that kind of workload. I can't do fullbody workouts like that.

Argon Coagulator
02-17-2021, 05:09 AM
Now when I’m just on TRT i also use 100mg of Masteron and 100mg of NPP I know that’s not enough to I help mass building but it helps my joints snd increases my libido that’s why I just Them on my cruise and I’ll like you I can’t seem to gain much muscle but using just TRT regime usually do 3-4 cycles per year or did before I got hurt I’d do like a 10-12 week then take off a few weeks and start again but I don’t use tren at all ,I only use test,npp,Masteron,and primo so most all them are less harmful I know that’s to many cycles in a year but I do them anyway

Yeah, I'm thinking about cruising on like 200 test and 200 EQ after my next cycle. I feel like a little ectomorph on 200 test right now. I mean my energy is good, the lifts are decent but the size and fullness isn't the same. I like feeling like a thick mesomorphic beast, lol. I'm going to try 350 test, 375 deca and 400 eq in March. for atleast 13 weeks, possible as long as 18 weeks depending on health. I love primo too. I want to try primo and npp next. But right now I'm experimenting with EQ and Deca together, for the hell of it.

Bullseye Forever
02-17-2021, 05:13 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking about cruising on like 200 test and 200 EQ after my next cycle. I feel like a little ectomorph on 200 test right now. I mean my energy is good, the lifts are decent but the size and fullness isn't the same. I like feeling like a thick mesomorphic beast, lol. I'm going to try 350 test, 375 deca and 400 eq in March. for atleast 13 weeks, possible as long as 18 weeks depending on health. I love primo too. I want to try primo and npp next. But right now I'm experimenting with EQ and Deca together, for the hell of it.

I’ve used EQ before but it kills my lipids I still use it from time to time but I mix NPP with it when I do use it

JohnMcc
02-17-2021, 04:18 PM
I lift by feel mostly so the rep ranges, number of sets, and tempo changes every workout. I do follow a body part split specific to my body though so doesn't really ever change since my weak body parts aren't where I want them yet.

maxmuscle1
02-17-2021, 04:50 PM

I am a fan of Test/EQ/Deca , moderate dosages for long cycles 14-22 weeks {depending on amounts }. If a person cannot use eq , substituting primo for the EQ is phenomenal! Lower toxicity ; barely any. On the changing training: I change approaches and my macros/supps to push past plateaus. Tbh: I was able to do the same workout for 6 months and encourage it {Off -Season to build a larger overall size}. It was 1g test, 50mg-75mg Provi- 2.5iu gh post workout and before bed. I was able to go from 188- 223lbs. After that, I just bulk and cut over and over {various cycles/compounds} found that it was the best way for me to build more maturity and detail.

Max[emoji108][emoji123]

bigdaddy6900
02-17-2021, 06:34 PM
What kind of test

Argon Coagulator
02-23-2021, 02:00 AM
I’ve used EQ before but it kills my lipids I still use it from time to time but I mix NPP with it when I do use it

That's good to know bro. I should get blood work while I'm on it to see how it effects me.

Argon Coagulator
02-23-2021, 02:05 AM
I am a fan of Test/EQ/Deca , moderate dosages for long cycles 14-22 weeks {depending on amounts }. If a person cannot use eq , substituting primo for the EQ is phenomenal! Lower toxicity ; barely any. On the changing training: I change approaches and my macros/supps to push past plateaus. Tbh: I was able to do the same workout for 6 months and encourage it {Off -Season to build a larger overall size}. It was 1g test, 50mg-75mg Provi- 2.5iu gh post workout and before bed. I was able to go from 188- 223lbs. After that, I just bulk and cut over and over {various cycles/compounds} found that it was the best way for me to build more maturity and detail.

Max[emoji108][emoji123]

I can tell you're a disciplined guy to be able to stick with routines. Have you ever heard about EQ being a little tough on the kidneys? The anabolic doc mentioned it in a video a while back, but I think he's referring more to high doses and long term use. Perhaps it's just the high bp causing kidney issues over time? I dunno.

maxmuscle1
02-23-2021, 02:43 AM
I can tell you're a disciplined guy to be able to stick with routines. Have you ever heard about EQ being a little tough on the kidneys? The anabolic doc mentioned it in a video a while back, but I think he's referring more to high doses and long term use. Perhaps it's just the high bp causing kidney issues over time? I dunno.

I have only seen studies done on bodybuilders using multiple steroids along with boldenone and they were definitely log time users. Each participant has used tren with it. I do know that it raises Rbc and bp ; I would imagine long term use could definitely affect all the organs negatively. Have been able to do 400-500mg for 20-24 weeks many times and get back in normal range but blood draws were needed the whole time. I personally have high rbc even on TRT. I would almost bet tren was waaaay harder on kidneys vs EQ. EQ is generally tolerable; but in high doses 800mg+ , all the sides would be more damaging. Test Deca, Test EQ or test primo would be pretty light if used moderately. IMO

Max

enrod
02-23-2021, 02:50 AM
I'm with Max on this one, especially in off-season. I don't see a reason to change a routine often, if at all. Focus on the lifts that you feel the most contraction with for each muscle group, and utilize intensity (time under tension, rest times, angles, drop sets/cluster sets/rest pause) + weight over time.

Consistency (EVERYTHING CONSISTENT ESPECIALLY--> *Execution*) + Incremental Weight Increases = Growth.

Progressive overload cannot be reached in short bursts of constantly changing/updating exercises.

Argon Coagulator
02-25-2021, 04:06 AM
I have only seen studies done on bodybuilders using multiple steroids along with boldenone and they were definitely log time users. Each participant has used tren with it. I do know that it raises Rbc and bp ; I would imagine long term use could definitely affect all the organs negatively. Have been able to do 400-500mg for 20-24 weeks many times and get back in normal range but blood draws were needed the whole time. I personally have high rbc even on TRT. I would almost bet tren was waaaay harder on kidneys vs EQ. EQ is generally tolerable; but in high doses 800mg+ , all the sides would be more damaging. Test Deca, Test EQ or test primo would be pretty light if used moderately. IMO

Max

That sounds about right! Damn bro, I don't know if I should run Tren or Deca for my cycle coming up. LOL

I was gonna do

350 test, 400 eq, 375-500 deca

but now I'm torn between...

350 test, 200 eq, 200 tren e

Whatever you pick, I'll do.

maxmuscle1
02-25-2021, 04:12 AM
That sounds about right! Damn bro, I don't know if I should run Tren or Deca for my cycle coming up. LOL

I was gonna do

350 test, 400 eq, 375-500 deca

but now I'm torn between...

350 test, 200 eq, 200 tren e

Whatever you pick, I'll do.

I like Deca EQ . If no EQ, then tren. Could do primo tren !??

Max

Argon Coagulator
02-25-2021, 06:52 AM
I like Deca EQ . If no EQ, then tren. Could do primo tren !??

Max

Yeah i have deca, eq and tren right now, lol.. decisions, decisions. Next Wednesday will be 6 weeks cruising, but my last cycle was just test anyway, plus I'm on bp meds now, so I'll probably start my cycle tomorrow, that's close enough to 6 weeks ��*♂️�� First world problems for real tho right?

Edit: I love Primo, but it would take me a couple months to acquire enough for a cycle. I wanna try EQ and primo sometime for a real nice clean bulk. 250 test, 400eq, 400 primo perhaps.

Exo-Gen
03-11-2021, 04:14 AM
Instinctive. Keep reps between 7- 10ish
Arms biceps triceps
Back and traps
Chest
Full legs
Shoulders

Bullseye Forever
03-11-2021, 10:40 PM
My next regime will me 8,6,6,4 with 3-4 sets and I’ll be using Test E and Primo and Anavar

Damnwideback90
03-12-2021, 02:14 AM
I try to use the same workout at least 8-10 weeks depending on the way my body feels then I change up

Until i hit a plateau. Depends. I do lots of sets lots of reps.

Bullseye Forever
03-12-2021, 03:57 AM
Until i hit a plateau. Depends. I do lots of sets lots of reps.

Sometimes I get tired of doing a lot of reps,IVs always had good luck with pyramid reps like I’ll start at 12,10,10,8 then go to 10,8,8,6 then like 8,6,6,4 then 6,6,4,2 and seems to break up the monotony of ju workouts

Keule206
03-16-2021, 08:05 AM
For me splitting my legs in Quads and Hams, was a gamechanger
If the legs are underdeveloped, is a realy good tool

JohnMcc
03-16-2021, 03:07 PM
I guess instinctively without trying to I use DUP depending on how fatigued certain muscle groups are. My main goal is always first don't get injured, then secondly to drive growth. I've realized after so many sets backs, long term consistent average growth rates are better than hyper accelerated growth followed by being laid up for months with an injury from ego lifting. 1 step forward 0 steps back > 2 steps forward 1 step back for me.

Bullseye Forever
03-17-2021, 02:01 AM
I guess instinctively without trying to I use DUP depending on how fatigued certain muscle groups are. My main goal is always first don't get injured, then secondly to drive growth. I've realized after so many sets backs, long term consistent average growth rates are better than hyper accelerated growth followed by being laid up for months with an injury from ego lifting. 1 step forward 0 steps back > 2 steps forward 1 step back for me.

Always good to switch up

TheMack
03-17-2021, 02:10 AM
I can't really give it a specific time frame. I switch things up when I stop making gains or if I simply get bored.

Bullseye Forever
03-17-2021, 02:34 AM
I can't really give it a specific time frame. I switch things up when I stop making gains or if I simply get bored.

That’s me mostly

ski748134
03-24-2021, 12:41 AM
with legs and back I stay the same but change up set limits my back is pretty bad so I have to be gentle