PDA

View Full Version : MT-1 vs MT-2?

ilovehgh
02-16-2021, 02:56 PM
I've only used mt2, but I've read that mt1 still tans well without the dark spots so I'm wanting to see who has experience with mt1. Thanks :)

SloppyJ
02-16-2021, 04:01 PM
Didn't even know it was an option. MT-2 works great for me in the spring time. I use it every year to help prevent bad sunburns/blisters. I've noticed over time that as long as I get just a little bit of UV through a tanning bed or just having my shirt off outside, it evens out the tan quite a bit. If I don't get that, the tan is very abnormal looking and unnatural... almost like a bad spray tan.

maxmuscle1
02-16-2021, 11:40 PM
History of bremelanotide:

Studies in the early 1960s showed that administration of α-MSH caused sexual arousal in rats, sparking interest in α-MSH. In the 1980s, scientists at University of Arizona began developing α-MSH and analogs as potential sunless tanning agents. They synthesized and tested several analogs, including peptides they subsequently named, melanotan-I and melanotan II.

Very early in the process one of the scientists, Mac Hadley, who was conducting experiments on himself with the peptide melanotan II, injected himself with twice the dose he intended and experienced an eight-hour erection, along with nausea and vomiting.

To pursue the tanning agent, melanotan-I was licensed by Competitive Technologies, a technology transfer company operating on behalf of University of Arizona, to an Australian startup called Epitan, which changed its name to Clinuvel in 2006.

To pursue the sexual dysfunction agent, melanotan II was licensed by Competitive Technologies to Palatin Technologies. Palatin ceased development of melanotan-II in 2000, and synthesized, patented, and began to develop bremelanotide, a likely metabolite of melanotan-II that differs from melanotan-II in that it has a hydroxyl group where melanotan-II has an amide. Competitive Technologies sued Palatin for breach of contract and to try to claim ownership of bremelanotide; the parties settled in 2008, with Palatin retaining rights to bremelanotide, returning rights to melanotan-II to Competitive Technologies, and paying $800,000.

In August 2004, Palatin signed an agreement with King *************** to co-develop bremelanotide in the US and jointly license it outside the US; King paid Palatin $20M upfront.

Palatin conducted Phase II trials of intranasal bremelanotide in both female sexual dysfunction (FSD) and male erectile dysfunction (ED) but these trials were halted by the FDA in 2007, due to increased blood pressure in clinical trial subjects; Palatin stopped development of the intranasal formulation in 2008. Four trials were conducted in ED, the last being a Phase IIb published in 2008. King terminated the co-development agreement shortly after the FDA halted the trials.

The drug was then reformulated to be delivered by injection and trials continued in FSD. A phase II dose-finding trial in FSD in which the drug was administered 45 minutes before sex showed promise at the highest dose and only transient signs of high blood pressure; two Phase III trials were launched at the end of 2014. Palatin launched the Phase III trials with bremelanotide administered via an autoinjector.

In 2014, Palatin licensed European rights to bremelanotide to Gedeon Richter Plc. for around $10 million, and Palatin received a milestone payment of around $3 million when it started the Phase III trials in the US. In September 2016, Palatin and Gedeon RIchter terminated that agreement.

In November 2016, Palatin announced results of the Phase III trials, and shortly thereafter began seeking a partner to complete development in the US. In January 2017, Palatin and AMAG *************** agreed that AMAG exclusively would complete development and market bremelanotide in North America and the two would work together to license it in other territories; AMAG agreed to pay $60 million upfront, up to $80 million in regulatory milestones, up to $300 million in sales milestones, and tiered royalties ranging from high single digit to low double digit percentages.

A New Drug Application of bremelanotide for female sexual dysfunction was accepted by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in June 2018, with a Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) goal date set for 23 March 2019. It was approved for use in the United States in June 2019.

Max
Internet history
University of Arizona was integral in the development of the mt-1, mt-2 analogues