PDA

View Full Version : Steroids Don't Cause Roid Rage

PAiN
02-23-2013, 07:49 PM
Steroids Don't Cause Roid Rage

BOSTON - Body builders already believe it, and science has finally proved it: Steroids make big muscles. But researchers found no evidence that steroids make users prone to outbursts of anger known as "'roid rage." The carefully controlled study showed convincingly for the first time that a few weeks of male sex hormone injections substantially beef up arms and legs and increase strength.

Men who exercised and took steroids for 10 weeks put on an average of 13 pounds of virtually pure muscle and could bench press an extra 48 pounds. In addition, psychological tests and questioning of the men's spouses found no evidence that steroids made them angrier or more aggressive.

Steroids are widely thought to cause extreme mood swings, and people charged with violent crimes have pleaded roid rage as a defense. But among steroid users who are mentally healthy, "testosterone doesn't turn men into beasts," said Dr. Shalender Bhasin of Charles R. Drew University in Los Angeles. Bhasin left open the possibility that in people who are mentally unbalanced to begin with, steroids can make them worse.

Bhasin and his colleagues said their results in no way legitimize steroid use by athletes. But they do suggest steroids might be a good way to help AIDS patients and others whose muscles waste away because of disease.

Possession and distribution of steroids without a prescription is a federal crime, punishable by up to a year in prison and a fine of at least $1,000. Doctors have warned that the potential side effects include sterility, testicular shrinkage, acne, abnormal liver function, baldness, high blood pressure and heart disease. In 1991, former football star Lyle Alzado publicly blamed steroid use for his inoperable brain cancer.

Despite the seemingly obvious evidence of weightlifters' bulging pecs, some doctors have doubted whether steroids really work. They argue that exercise, not injections, explains their muscles. "Intense debate on this issue has been raging for 30 or 40 years," Bhasin said. Earlier studies were flawed, in part because researchers gave only small amounts of steroids and failed to control the volunteers' exercise or diets.

To help settle the question, Bhasin and colleagues recruited 43 male volunteers and put them on a standard diet. They randomly assigned them to get either dummy shots or moderately high injections of testosterone enanthate, one of several anabolic steroids used by athletes.

Throughout the study, no one knew who was getting the real steroid shots. In both groups, half the men were either put on a weightlifting program or asked not to work out. The results, published in Thursday's issue of the New England Journal of Medicine, were clear and dramatic.

Those who took steroids but did nothing else improved their muscles and strength about as much or more than did those who exercised but got dummy shots. By far the most impressive change was seen in men who both exercised and got steroids. By the end of the experiment, men who got steroids but didn't exercise could bench press an extra 20 pounds, about the same as those who worked out but didn't get steroids. However, those who both took steroids and exercised could bench press an additional 48 pounds, a 23% increase.
Those who got steroid shots but did not exercise gained seven pounds of fat-free mass, which is mostly muscle, compared with an extra four pounds in those who exercised without steroids. Men who both exercised and got steroids put on 13 pounds.

The researchers saw similar differences in the size of the men's thigh and forearm muscles and in their ability to lift in squatting exercises. "The major implication is not to rationalize the abuse of steroids by athletes," Bhasin said. "It provides a rationale for testing the idea that short-term, cautious use of testosterone may prevent muscle wasting in cancer, HIV, obstructive lung disease and other chronic illnesses."

In the study, the men took weekly injections of 600-milligram doses for 10 weeks. This gave them about six to eight times more testosterone than their bodies produced naturally. Dr. C. Wayne Bardin of the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development said the study also holds good news for athletes who don't resort to steroids. "It shows what a powerful stimulant to muscle growth exercise is," he said. "It ought to reassure athletes that if they exercise and train properly, they will get big muscles."

By The Associated Press

gator-mclusky
02-23-2013, 10:47 PM
Good read and I may be biased but Ive said all along that Roid Rage is used when a dick acts out as a dick and just happens to be on juice. Do I get more agitated at times......sometimes yea but it certainly isnt Roid Rage.

And I did a paper on Lyle Alzado and his claim that it was steroids that gave him Brain Cancer. It was found that he had Crutzfeld Jacob disease. He got this from injecting biologically active Human Growth Hormone. The HGH was taken directly from the Pituitary of cadavers and sold by Pharmaceutical companies in Europe. Sucks....he is my favorite Oakland Raider of all time.

Good read Pain.

Enigmatic707
02-23-2013, 10:56 PM
The only thing that has an effect on my mood is Tren... But rage is a big leap from from being a bit irritable

BIGBOSS
02-24-2013, 12:56 AM
The only thing that has an effect on my mood is Tren... But rage is a big leap from from being a bit irritable

I second that brother!!! I love TREN to!

ShortnWide
02-24-2013, 12:20 PM
Great read Pain. I'm printing this one and showing people.

PAiN
02-25-2013, 08:07 PM
Thanks brothers!

bigtruckguy
02-25-2013, 09:27 PM
my wife needs to read this lol.. when im on cycle she uses my cycle as her crutch to blame all kinds of dumb ass arguments she starts on me lol...

toppjimie
02-26-2013, 06:14 PM
This report confirm's what all us Lab..,er..,gym rats have known about Already....By combining Weight training with 600mg a week of test E will make you One BIG Fucken person..LoL!!!

PAiN
02-27-2013, 08:08 AM
my wife needs to read this lol.. when im on cycle she uses my cycle as her crutch to blame all kinds of dumb ass arguments she starts on me lol...

LOL

PAiN
02-28-2013, 06:11 PM
This report confirm's what all us Lab..,er..,gym rats have known about Already....By combining Weight training with 600mg a week of test E will make you One BIG Fucken person..LoL!!!

HAHA Agreed!

getttinbigg
07-05-2013, 03:05 AM
good read

sofargone561
07-05-2013, 03:06 AM
I agree that tren cuases agression but not rage. roid rage is total fucking horseshit and was probably created by a woman. I remember my first cycle i was 3 pins in one TEST E! and my girl said i was having roid rage lol bitch please!

peewee
07-07-2013, 06:22 AM
Good read. I hope the truth keeps being sought on anabolics

Enigmatic707
07-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Put them on Tren and then try it again LoL

youngtricep98
07-08-2013, 10:00 PM
it all depends on the person really. if your a jackass...its gunna make you a bigger one. lol

in all honesty i snapped more frequently on EQ than i did tren. i think BP has a lot to do with it as well...either way a great read and ill show this to the narrow minded people

MaskedMoron
07-11-2013, 12:25 AM
it all depends on the person really. if your a jackass...its gunna make you a bigger one. lol

in all honesty i snapped more frequently on EQ than i did tren. i think BP has a lot to do with it as well...either way a great read and ill show this to the narrow minded people

Spot on bro...... just makes an ass a bigger one.

youngtricep98
07-11-2013, 12:31 AM
I FLIPPED OUT READING THIS!!!! jk showed this to my gf cause she uses "roid rage" as ammo against me...shes quiet now :cool:

Yaya
08-10-2013, 12:21 PM
Tren turns me into a nutball

tren and tne make an interesting workout

Gunner16
08-10-2013, 01:33 PM
I've always told people i think I'm more calm on than off. I always thought it was in people's heads because thats what they hear and think thats how they are supposed to act. Good read pain

NutritionGame
05-25-2015, 10:00 PM

my life story smh!!! but with prohormone cycles

gearedup850
05-25-2015, 11:51 PM
Roid rage maybe real,maybe not,I can only speak from personal experience than a steady dose of test has calmed me down on a serious level.Everyone around me noticed it,asked if I had either grown up or started taking meds.Unstable hormones being on and off test,or your own personal hormones may cause some out of whack effect.The test itself is not the problem,its the lack of,or too much estrogen IMO,not saying this goes for anyone but me personally.I have always lifted,always beat on punching bags,since a young age.Never gave me the calm test did.Working out helps,but does not fix hormonal anger.It started when I was hitting puberty and did not stop till I jumped on juice at the age of 27.My girlfriend prefers me on test as with most people.No ups and downs.600 a week blast,200 a week cruise.Changed my life.

Wicked
04-08-2016, 11:52 PM
Great read. Thanks for posting this one up.

physiq
04-09-2016, 03:27 AM
great read bro i always knew this.
but tren on the other hand.. i really do become an angry mother fucker fast lol.

Gunner16
04-09-2016, 03:50 AM
Great article I have always told people I honestly think I'm calmer on than off. I also most people think since they are on then they should be more aggressive.

black-dragon
04-11-2016, 07:22 PM
You can't say steroids in general do or don't do x by only examining testosterone. Halo and cheque drops are taken purely because they cause aggression. The truth is that aggression depends on the person and the steroid. I definitely get more angry, more often when I'm taking anadrol.

Swoilder1
04-18-2016, 01:59 AM
I've always been told I am more funny and chill on than off. Guess cause I just feel so good their is no reason to be angry..lol

SC
04-18-2016, 12:49 PM
Adding Mast E made me a little snippy, but with test I was pretty happy all the time.

root
05-01-2016, 03:18 AM
This is great to hear being I'm about start my first cycle. love how science puts rumors in its place. Great info pain. Thanks

2stones
05-28-2016, 08:27 AM
Been using hormones for over 13 years, heavy doses sometimes and have never beat my wife or got in fight with anyone during that time

GrimR
06-28-2016, 10:39 PM
The problem is probably more that in the news it always comes out as 'steroids causes roid rage', but they don't specify a single or combination of steroids or anything other possible factors involved. Too much effort for them to actually research wtf they are talking about.

bigbreads80
07-08-2016, 04:33 PM
Steroids DON'T cause roid rage....wives do!

bigbreads80
07-08-2016, 05:47 PM
Steroids DON'T cause roid rage....wives do!

Amber Jones
08-10-2016, 02:25 AM
too much side effect

Chemically altured
08-10-2016, 03:48 AM
I get the same shit my wife always blames roids for why I'm being a dick.

Mass3000
08-10-2016, 04:32 AM
BTG, many wives should read. How come when they meet you at the bar it's all good until you load and ask them to pin up...
ive only had a couple cool chicks to help, my wife hates it... She try's to inflect pain...
speaking of, PAIN an excellent article. In simple term it's a amplifier, so if you're a JAGG OFF then everyone will know.

Edas
09-21-2016, 08:18 AM
Thanks for posting, very informative. I'm printing that bitch

kfrech
11-03-2016, 10:46 PM
Ditto..every fn arguement gets blamed on juice- and i am rarely the one that starts one..but its always the juice..lmao

Cranberry Olive Oil
11-08-2016, 07:14 PM
This is the biggest thing I constantly have to rage about

BornFat
03-25-2018, 08:58 AM
i think when people refer to roid rage, its just quick to be irritated, theres no anger but tren makes you so agitated quickly

HoldenCaulfield
03-25-2018, 06:25 PM
Good read. I don't believe in roid rage per se. I'm just less willing to put up with other people's aggressive behavior when I'm running gear (especially Tren). Basically, don't be a dick or a bitch to me and we'll be good.

PJ034
03-25-2018, 08:51 PM
Good read... I don't agree though. If the only constantly in a situation is the same then that is the contributing factor. Whether it can be clinically proven or not. If you can add/remove any constant in a series of variables and get different results then it indeed is a factor.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Primodaddy
03-27-2018, 12:27 PM
I've run all sorts of shit over the course of my AAS use and the only compound that gave me "Roid Rage" was tren base. For what it's worth :)

Vision
08-21-2018, 10:05 PM
The "Myth" of Roid rage!
The unvarnished truth
(for beginners and educational value ONLY)

One of the most shrouded topics in most online body-building communities is the subject of roid rage, and does it really exist?

Today let's discuss anecdotal reports vs a study that's recognized by the endocrine society.
Whenever an individual decides to openly share his/her AAS usage there will be a stigma that may follow and unfortunately they might be subjected to accusations of mishandling their emotions,
these accusations can even occur when one is merely under speculation of usage with/without concrete evidence to support it.
Due to media and other false reports from nonsupporting outlets that seem to wage-war against the bodybuilding community and the use of PED's in sports, over exaggerated claims in blatantdisregards, and at times fueled with lies have been known to circulate, as the populace has no real understanding what the truth is, stories sell and that's the truth..

However, Co-workers, spouses, GF/wives have made anecdotal reports of actual encounters with their significant other in what appears to be a steroid induced rage, and at times being attached to a violent domesticated crime..

PED users don't have a leg to stand on, or do they?

The whole theory has been flawed as recent studies suggest, in fact most violent domesticated crimes have more of a correlation with underlining mental-health issues and/or drug/alcohol usage..
In a study of over 10,000 Swedish males, Lundholm et al found that men who had been convicted of a violent crime were much more likely to report having used anabolic steroids
(although the rates were still low in absolute terms: 2.7%, vs. 0.6% in men not convicted.)
However, they say, “this association was substantially attenuated and lost statistical significance after adjusting for other lifetime substance abuse.”
In other words, men who’ve used steroids are not more likely to be convicted of violence after accounting for other drug use.

You're not off the hook yet, so decelerate my dude and read on!

Aside from outside influences such as drug/alcohol usages, what other aliments could contribute to some of these overzealous,
preconceived notions that our society has branded PED user with?
How about and ill mental health/cognitive thought process or simply just instability in ones normal day to day life..
Many people go undiagnosed their entire life with a mental health issue that may be a hereditary genetic predisposition, or even simply in denial due to a matter of "ones pride".
This is a cocktail for a disaster when it pertains to AAS and other PED usages.

We can slice and dice specific compounds/AAS that are more pronounced to attribute to a feeling of uneasiness/irritability with added aggression (often at times it's desired by users for the added advantage during sports/weight training, this is dose/compound dependent, i.e Trenbolone, Halotestin, TNE etc etc)..
But, the unvarnished truth no singular AAS will influence one to react or respond with "uncontrollable" behavior where one was unable to contain themselves...

If you do it, you own it!
http://oi67.tinypic.com/jhertf.jpg
RAGE; Everything in life that had consequences due to an outburst where we have to deal with the ramifications of our actions were made by a clear conscience decision,
there can/may be an outside influence whether socially or mentally or even alcohol in which may slightly dictates ones emotions and feelings in particular circumstances and situations.
However, nothing with a clear sober mind make one completely and utterly out of control where there was no reasoning when it concerns AAS use/cause and effects..

RAGE; Everything in life that had consequences due to an outburst where we have to deal with the ramifications of our actions were made by a clear conscience decision,
ACCEPT ACCOUNTABILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS, BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE RESULTS AND TAKE OWNERSHIP FOR YOUR MISTAKES - MAN UP THE HELL UP AND ACT RIGHT!
Now we all do understand that there can/may be an outside influence whether socially or mentally or even alcohol in which
may slightly dictates ones emotions and feelings in particular circumstances and situations.
However, nothing with a clear sober mind makes one completely and utterly out of control where there
was no reasoning when it concerns AAS use/cause and effects and the course of action in which we decide to do..
http://oi65.tinypic.com/2vskm4w.jpg

Now for the study that finally supports the PED users suggesting that Androgen use eccentially comes with no inward/outward anger,
anger arousal and hostile outlook and anger eliciting situations..

The effects of supraphysiological doses of testosterone on angry behavior in healthy eugonadal men--a clinical research center study.

Abstract

Anecdotal reports of "roid rage" and violent crimes by androgenic steroid users have brought attention to the relationship between anabolic steroid use and angry outbursts.
However, testosterone effects on human aggression remain controversial. Previous studies have been criticized because of the low androgen doses,
lack of placebo control or blinding, and inclusion of competitive athletes and those with preexisting psychopathology.
To overcome these pitfalls, we used a double-blind, placebo-controlled design, excluded competitive athletes and those with psychiatric disorders,
and used 600 mg testosterone enanthate (TE)/week. Forty-three eugonadal men, 19-40 yr, were randomized to 1 of 4 groups:
Group I, placebo, no exercise; Group II, TE, no exercise; Group III, placebo, exercise; Group IV, TE plus exercise. Exercise consisted of thrice weekly strength training sessions.
The Multi-Dimensional Anger Inventory (MAI), which includes 5 different dimensions of anger (inward anger, outward anger, anger arousal, hostile outlook,
and anger eliciting situations), and a Mood Inventory (MI), which includes items related to mood and behavior,
were administered to subjects before, during, and after the 10 week intervention.
The subject's significant other (spouse, live-in partner, or parent) also answered the same questions about the subject's mood and behavior (Observer Mood Inventory, OMI).
No differences were observed between exercising and nonexercising and between placebo and TE treated subjects for any of the 5 subdomains of MAI.
Overall there were no significant changes in MI or OMI during the treatment period in any group.

CONCLUSION:

Supraphysiological doses of testosterone, when administered to normal men in a controlled setting,
do not increase angry behavior. These data do not exclude the possibility that still higher doses of multiple steroids
might provoke angry behavior in men with preexisting psychopathology.

Take home notes:
There's many factors to examine here.. Let's consider the age & genetics/mental health,
the cycle length and the Compound/compounds used and quantity/dosage..These are just a few examples to review!

Beyond anything else here: It's fair enough to generalize that "roid rage" is in fact a myth,
and that we have a moral obligation in society "a set of rules" the do's and don'ts in life.

However this becomes dependent on the individual and how much they diligently their values and responsibility in life..
There may not be a definitive answer bit I firmly believe if you're and asshole - gearz will make you an even bigger asshole,
but ultimately at the end of the day one should take great measures to assure no real ramifications or issues that may follow for irresponsibility,
and if they feel they are immune to the laws and principles in life and anything that may transpire than I'm not sympathetic..

If one is boundless with their action to take the plunge and use AAS, than they should expected a course of action to follow suit there after,
whether it's mentally or physically, you do it, than you own it!

BOP_79R
08-22-2018, 04:09 AM
Good read, just wish that stuff had more scientific testing behind it instead of law makers running off of hype and wives tales.

Plate Smacker
01-07-2020, 12:05 PM
We have all felt the effects of high estrogen and low estrogen. I have felt that many inexperienced overuse AI with cookie cutter dosages that are too high. Low estrogen estrogen had been linked to Relationship Jealousy and a host of other issues.
Mixed with Tren A at 70mg ED or Tren E at 600mg/wk (everyone is different) adds more to the issue.
Especially if you have had thoughts of suicide in the past, were already sort of jealous or in a toxic relationship, and just an all around immature person. Even if your not it can bring out the worst in some, no doubt about it from my experience. However, roid rage isn't real in the sense that "now I am on a cycle or blast, and I feel uncontrollable rage and outburst" never had that.

I don't use AI, and block with Nolvadex. Bloodwork amd monitor everything. No longer run high dosages of gear
Once I dropped AI, felt more pumped, stronger, ect.
Many know of the strategic use of higher AI for cutting near comp, or for summer lol.
I actually do a cruise now, no less than 10 weeks and bloods good. I blast for no more than 15, no higher than 600 Test, 500 Deca, 400 Tren E. Blah blah cool story.

I preach it alot, because the differences were mind blowing. Don't just use an AI because. I don't even look at bloodwork numbers because in range, around 31, I wake up flat, feel less pumped, just crap. A little higher, I feel awesome. No mental issues.
I do shed tears with every movie. Literally every animated film we go see with the kids, or any movie I watch, ... the most mundane shit makes me get all emotional and teary eyed. Ugly Dolls, cried. Wonder Park when her mom leaves, cried. End Game, Transformers, pretty much every movie I watch, something gets me bro.

17sins
01-29-2020, 01:14 AM
Lmfao most accurate thing ive read all day

Weapon X
02-04-2020, 07:19 PM
EXAMPLE:

When I run out of gear, I start to rage.

When I get more gear, I stop raging.

SEE, ROIDS CURE ROID RAGE

Drillit
02-04-2020, 10:12 PM
EXAMPLE:

SEE, ROIDS CURE ROID RAGE

Preach brother. Tren is therapeutic.

TrenTrain
02-08-2020, 01:24 AM
I think steroids do cause an increase in aggression. Most of them are to a much lesser degree than anything I would consider “rage”. For me, tren has the biggest affect on this. I do get increased anger and aggression when running tren. Not sure I would call it roid rage but I definitely have a shorter fuse when on tren. But at the same time I’m glad it does! That’s one of the things I love about tren. Don’t get me wrong I always try to control my anger and I think we should control our anger. But I love feeling that rage inside. I feel like an animal when I run tren and I fully embrace that.
Most of the other compounds don’t cause too much aggression though. I think most of the conception is really mostly just from tren usage.

Leonardo Farmaceutical
02-08-2020, 01:26 AM
EXAMPLE:

SEE, ROIDS CURE ROID RAGEHaha I can totally agree.

Mattymoo
02-08-2020, 10:18 AM
Steroids causes you to tear up in a kids movie

TrenTrain
02-08-2020, 04:36 PM
Steroids causes you to tear up in a kids movie
Haha! Sometimes bro, sometimes........

Mr.Vanity
02-08-2020, 09:36 PM
I’m a very firm believer in the individual. Much like alcohol and the influence it has on people. Some people are happy and chatty, others are negative and abusive. Steroids really just enhance the traits one has including the mask we all like to hide from the public, and some are able to control it much better. The people that say they didn’t feel that Tren rage for example, I noticed were never really impatient to begin with. There are suggestions anecdotally wise that say coming off a nandrolone can lead to depression post cycle. While I have had this brain chemistry pre disposition already so I’m not gonna blame something I’m completely sure of. I have been much more in a jaded state after I came off my first nandrolone cycle.

iconpharma
06-07-2020, 09:57 AM
steroids dont cause roidrage, no such thing. steroids gets judged based on the extreme cases but millions of people use steroids without any issues and society never knows they are using.

many people on 3-4gram of gear and zero issues with anger or anything.

Mr.Beefy
12-26-2020, 02:50 AM
Made up by lawyers

ski748134
12-30-2020, 01:26 AM
halo is the only thing mynwife forbid me it made me very irritated and agro other then that 2nd biggest myth other then it shrinks your cock

JohnMcc
01-14-2021, 06:35 PM
Edited, didn't have as accurate of an understanding about what causes rage in the body. The area that controls true rage(will destroy or kill another life form or object) in the brain is activated by estrogen not low estrogen or androgens. If you want to know more look up Andrew Huberman, he has a podcast that he covers this info.

Nzila1211
05-03-2022, 04:38 AM
Steroids don’t cause roid rage! The only thing that causes emotions to get out of wack if fluctuation in estrogen when you don’t control it properly. Number 2 low testosterone causes more rage and irritability where as if you were to just take testosterone and get your levels right it actuallt mellows your mood more consistently! There’s only 2 steroids that cause what people would consider any type of roid rage and that’s trenbolone and halotestin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk