PDA

View Full Version : What we do in life, Echoes in eternity

PAiN
02-23-2013, 08:20 PM
What we do in life, Echoes in eternity

The sun sits behind a row of dark clouds. As the rain pours down heavily, beating against my window, my eyes don't want to open and my body doesn't want to move. It would be so nice to just lay here and relax. I can't, I force myself out of bed, I know I have too many tasks to accomplish in the hours ahead, and once those hours pass, that is time I'll never get back. Life is a clock, constantly ticking down, laughing at us as we scramble to achieve our goals and dreams. It knocks most of us down, and 99% of us fall into the trap assuming it is too hard to get back up, It is too hard to overcome something that seems so impossible.. I laugh back, I tell myself each and every day that this is my last chance to knock something out at that very moment. None of us will hit as hard as life does, but that gives us no right to submit to it. I have the rest of my life, to live the rest of my life, but today will be over tomorrow. I wake up each and every morning and fuel the gift I was given by God and prepare if for war against a room full of iron, a room that is stronger than any man and I continually go back for more. People stare at us like we are mad, as if we're crazy. But we are the sane ones, we are the warriors of our time, Loyal, Honorable, Respectful. We live for passion, not money, not fame, we live the life of a warrior, with a heart of a lion, and no one, or nothing, even life itself can take that away from us. Madness?? I feel sorry for those that laugh at us, call us nothing but meatheads, for they are the ones who have fallen into the trap, they have settled. A fellow warrior once told me complacency is the enemy of study, to be satisfied is to give up. Am I crazy? I think its unfathomably insane to give up our one chance to live greatly just so we can concentrate on green paper and possessions. Let them carry around their wad of green paper that will buy them their fancy gifts. I will carry around all I have, all I work for everyday, and be proud of who I am. I do not lie, cheat or steal, and when life ticks down to my last breath, I will smile as my eyes close, my heart of a lion and soul of a warrior are greater gifts of God than any mans possessions. I will not back down, I will not falter, and each time I do, the thought of being like them is torture enough to help me back to my feet. Every man will die, not every man will truly live. No matter what religion, no matter what color.. honor that pact and uphold our reputation.. People fear what they do not understand, be proud of who you are and ignore the ignorant.

Sooner
02-24-2013, 12:03 AM
Nice words.....