PDA

View Full Version : Treadmill advice

Sooner
02-24-2013, 06:17 AM
Im looking at buying a treadmill. When I finally get off work, I sometimes would like to try and relieve a little stress. Most gyms are closed at that hour, so Im looking at buying at a good treadmill. I dont want a Nordic trac. Pieces of crap. I want a reliable one that will last. Any suggestions?

PAiN
02-24-2013, 06:39 AM
It is a great idea to have a piece of cardio equipment at home and to use on a daily basis preferably every morning before breakfast. I'm not big on treadmills ,but I would suggest a recumbent bike instead. You can get them cheap and any one that will change the resistances to add more tension is what you need. Knees are very important with cardio and alot of people take them for granted until they are worn out and cant use them anymore and running on treadmills can increase that. Recumbent bikes offer the same benefits of cardio without the added stress on the knees and body. So just my opinion find a good recumbent bike where you can increase the tension and go with that. If you go with a treadmill make sure it has inclines. A treadmill without inclines on it is a waste of money and you are letting the machine do all the work.

exphys88
02-24-2013, 06:41 AM
I've got a treadmill in my house, it's really convenient to have some sort of cardio equipment.

Sooner
02-24-2013, 07:37 PM
I realize having cardio equipment is good, hence my looking at getting one goober. BUT which one is a good brand. lol

kuntrykok
02-24-2013, 07:41 PM
Proform are decent for the $, I have owned 2 of them.

exphys88
02-24-2013, 08:16 PM
I have a nordic trak treadmill that I love. It's got over 2,000 miles on it and doing great.

Sooner
03-19-2013, 04:54 AM
I think Im going with spirit. 10 year warranty and american made.

JM750
03-19-2013, 09:57 AM
You wont regret getting one. Where I live, it is shitty 3/4 of the yr. (well, I may be exaggerating a little) so having one inside is very convenient.