PDA

View Full Version : Dorian Yates Blood And Guts

BigswoleMartin
04-12-2021, 06:08 PM
Hey what’s up I like looking at different training styles and getting different opinions and feedback from others who have tried different training styles, So one I was just reading up on was Dorian Yates Blood And Guts. So has anyone tried this program out and if so what type of results did you achieve? Thank You

pompeyo546
04-12-2021, 06:21 PM
Hey what’s up I like looking at different training styles and getting different opinions and feedback from others who have tried different training styles, So one I was just reading up on was Dorian Yates Blood And Guts. So has anyone tried this program out and if so what type of results did you achieve? Thank YouYes I did for many years its very intense and boring at some times because it's just going through the basics and figure out how to make the exercise harder going slow and with a very strict form

Every week progression with small weights

I like also doggcrap training Aka DC training by dante trudel pretty hard core push and pull days.

If you want to add lbs of muscle a year I recommend this. If you are a person who likes to calculate everything and take notes of everything definitively you will add tons of mass

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

BigswoleMartin
04-12-2021, 06:37 PM
Yes I did for many years its very intense and boring at some times because it's just going through the basics and figure out how to make the exercise harder going slow and with a very strict form

I like also doggcrap training Aka DC training by dante trudel pretty hard core push and pull days.

If you want to add lbs of muscle a year I recommend this. If you are a person who likes to calculate everything and take notes of everything definitively you will add tons of mass

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk ok awesome thank you, So when you ran the Blood And Guts, After you warmed up and then you did one all out set to failure with the strictest form possible? And then moved on to the next exercise correct?

BigswoleMartin
04-12-2021, 06:38 PM
Yes I did for many years its very intense and boring at some times because it's just going through the basics and figure out how to make the exercise harder going slow and with a very strict form

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk So in your opinion out of the 2 programs the DC Training packed more Mass on you?

Shawn2005
04-12-2021, 07:10 PM
Dorian Yates Blood and Guts routine will work for awhile, but it's not for everyone. Its tough to keep adding weight to the bar and training with such intensity week after week. I too have tried his route and liked it. You will get stronger and bigger. For me, the intensity was tough to bring to the table for 1 all out set. I think you should try it and work it as long as possible and then if things start to get a little stale, switch it up to more volume. The best thing to do it to give it a shot. Good question brother!

BigswoleMartin
04-12-2021, 07:26 PM
Dorian Yates Blood and Guts routine will work for awhile, but it's not for everyone. Its tough to keep adding weight to the bar and training with such intensity week after week. I too have tried his route and liked it. You will get stronger and bigger. For me, the intensity was tough to bring to the table for 1 all out set. I think you should try it and work it as long as possible and then if things start to get a little stale, switch it up to more volume. The best thing to do it to give it a shot. Good question brother! thank you bro yea I like how it looks but I am def a more of a volume type guy, thank you for the feedback

pompeyo546
04-12-2021, 09:27 PM
ok awesome thank you, So when you ran the Blood And Guts, After you warmed up and then you did one all out set to failure with the strictest form possible? And then moved on to the next exercise correct?Chose 4 exercises per muscle group from thwm focus on 2 main lifts

Normally I used to work it this way

Work your up until it becomes hard to do 8 reps, from there you are going to start your work set

3 works sets for 8 reps maximum effort strict form very controlled negatives and positives

When I mean work your way up go 10 lbs up every other set

That means in 4 exercises you will do around 20-22 sets.

Drop sets. Cluster sets. Failure sets they become later when you already master the basic of perfect for and feeling only that muscle group that you are targeting.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

animal23
04-12-2021, 11:37 PM
With these programs, you got to train to failure and have to be eating enough quality food. Remember, 90% of gains/cuts comes from the kitchen

Damnwideback90
04-13-2021, 03:08 AM
Hey what’s up I like looking at different training styles and getting different opinions and feedback from others who have tried different training styles, So one I was just reading up on was Dorian Yates Blood And Guts. So has anyone tried this program out and if so what type of results did you achieve? Thank You

The guys a fucking genius. He brought in a crazy classic work ethic with genetics. He changed the game in my opinion. Yates and Sergio were the 1st real lean mass monsters. I've tried to use his ethics. Hard to keep up for long periods of time. In my opinion. My buddy Christian utilizes his style of training. Works great for him. I switch my routines every few months. I still go for it every now and then.