PDA

View Full Version : Tips To Spot Fake Gear

beanlicker
02-28-2013, 11:05 PM
There are many sources selling gear and although there are plenty of good sources, there are also a few scammers trying to make a quick buck by selling you fake gear.

The most important thing to do is know exactly what the real drug product in question should look like. Try to locate a picture of a known legitimate steroid product of the same name.
The best way to identify fakes is to compare it to the original, however, if that is not possible, you should apply the following tips:

Amp: Amps are difficult to copy, it is almost always real if in an Amp. However, if the lettering on the amp is easily scratched off with your fingernail it's probably fake.

Vial: Vials have a metal ring and a rubber stopper. On many fakes, the ring can be rotated with your hand but not on a real product. Additionally, if you see any air bubbles in the glass that is not a good sign.

Expiration Date: On all gear, there should be an expiration date and lot number. On legitimate products, they are burned, stamped, or ink jet sprayed on the box and or label. On many fakes, they are printed with the label -- maybe not in the same color ink -- but in the same print process. Lot number and expiration dates remain a common place where counterfeiters mess up. They often print these dates with the rest of the box and don’t stamp or computer label the boxes individually (it costs extra money and takes time). If you examine the lot number and expiration date under a microscope (a small handheld microscope is usually fine), it should be clear that it was added to the box later, not at the time of printing.

American Domestic Drugs: They rarely appear on the black market so if you do see them - they are probably fake.

Liquid Level Test: One of the best tests.......When purchasing multiple vials or amps, be sure to line them up in a row to make sure the liquid is all the same level. On fakes, often the liquid will not be even in all bottles.

Labels: Take a close look at the printing and spelling. It's almost unbelievable, but on there are often mispellings on labels of fakes. Take a good look at the quality of the label, that is also quite telling.

Some counterfeiting labs have the same type of sophisticated printing and packaging equipment that the real drug companies are using. These fakes often look very good (too good). Unfortunately, this can make spotting them extremely difficult. Therefore, I do need to preface these methods with the basic fact that counterfeiting is getting harder and harder to deal with every day. Simple at-home detection methods will not protect you 100 percent of the time.

As always, if in doubt pass on the offer! You are ingesting or injecting this, make sure you get the real deal! It's just that simple.

509iron
03-01-2013, 01:13 AM
Thanks for the tips.

OaklandRaiders
03-01-2013, 04:11 AM
Good looking be safe guys

overburdened
03-01-2013, 07:22 AM
Misspelling is one of the biggest indicators... Its actually almost funny how horrible some scammers are at spelling... Good info!
Another way, if you are in doubt, draw a little out, put it on a plate, smell it(should have a slight perfumy smell to it(some comps have a distinct smell, such as tren...you should smell that over the perfumy smell), taste it... You should get a little tingle from the ba/bb, then a slight numbing of tongue from the ba...as well as be able to taste certain compounds theirselves(tren is another good example)... Some comps have a slight peppery taste, etc, etc... Between smelling and tasting, you can tell at least if it contains solvents(usually if they are going to bother putting the solvents in it, they will put some compound in it... It may not be the labeled comp, nor dosed correctly, but generally something....). These tests don't guarantee sterility though... So, unless you are brewing it yourself, you should only order from a VERY trusted source.... Crazy cheap prices aren't worth going to suppliers you don't know or trust... Some things really are too good to be true... That's one reason I'm big on people learning to brew, you KNOW your product is legit, sterile, and correct potency that way.

beanlicker
03-01-2013, 01:43 PM
Misspelling is one of the biggest indicators... Its actually almost funny how horrible some scammers are at spelling... Good info!
Another way, if you are in doubt, draw a little out, put it on a plate, smell it(should have a slight perfumy smell to it(some comps have a distinct smell, such as tren...you should smell that over the perfumy smell), taste it... You should get a little tingle from the ba/bb, then a slight numbing of tongue from the ba...as well as be able to taste certain compounds theirselves(tren is another good example)... Some comps have a slight peppery taste, etc, etc... Between smelling and tasting, you can tell at least if it contains solvents(usually if they are going to bother putting the solvents in it, they will put some compound in it... It may not be the labeled comp, nor dosed correctly, but generally something....). These tests don't guarantee sterility though... So, unless you are brewing it yourself, you should only order from a VERY trusted source.... Crazy cheap prices aren't worth going to suppliers you don't know or trust... Some things really are too good to be true... That's one reason I'm big on people learning to brew, you KNOW your product is legit, sterile, and correct potency that way.

All great points bro......thanks for adding your helpful knowledge to the thread!

rippedgolfer
03-02-2013, 02:01 AM
Great info. Thx for sharing. Beanlicker, you have the best posts.

49ER
05-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Every bottle ive gotten exept for rhinos the lids turn maybe they just went cheap on the bottles?

af86
05-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Has any ones else got a sarcs vial that just says S labs on it?

kuntrykok
05-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Yes, I believe his latest labels just have S Labs.

exphys88
05-08-2013, 07:18 PM

You got pm

wallycn
05-08-2013, 09:48 PM
Yeah they have been this way for awhile.

PAiN
05-10-2013, 08:10 AM
Great tips brother.

4everstrong
05-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Very good info!

rocky83
08-08-2013, 04:43 AM
Good info!

Smoove
08-08-2013, 05:05 AM
I can honestly say to date I have not had to worry about fake gear since being in the BROTHERHOOD.
Speaks volumes about the sponsors!:)

ShortnWide
08-09-2013, 03:25 AM
Another good thread BL. Good points for people to know.

jdb3
08-09-2013, 04:26 AM
line amps up....look at top round part that you snap off....I have seen some that a really out of wack and mishaped, easy to spot.

Jdiggity
12-28-2013, 07:46 AM
Good info!

Dunstone
12-08-2014, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the info Brother

Balkan_x
02-19-2015, 10:45 AM
Believe it or not I recieved fake Sust amps, the sustanon Pakistan type. Never thought that it would be worth the cost or effort to produce a fake amp.

JohnDoe
03-15-2016, 05:20 PM
I can turn by hand the metal ring on the vial i have from AEL...but I don't think its fake gear by any means.

JDM
03-15-2016, 06:36 PM
good info !

MS906
07-06-2016, 08:09 AM
Good info thanks 👍🏼

Revelations
09-23-2016, 02:22 PM
Hey bros,
Just wanted to point out some things that i think also need to be detailed regarding fake gear and ugls. I would argue that this article correlates more to pharm grade and well known ugl brands that are susceptible to being counterfeit. I say this because I saw some posts on this article with guys saying the ring on their gear is loose and other indicators of fakes; this doesn't mean your gear is "bunk" or underdosed. "Swim" orders from our sponsors here; sometimes labels are half ass and rings are loose; but the gear is top notch. The ring looseness could be simply issues in the crimper process. My point is that these are tips and are not all-inclusive. With pharm grade and ugls that have been around for awhile, the process should be perfected and I would worry about these signs if they were present (especially on the pharm grade shit, it should be perfect labels, dated as described, etc.), but with some of the sponsors here that carry ther own line, I wouldnt worry too much about this as much as much as clear oils, no visible contaminants, etc. Than for quality, spend the little extra but well worthwhile extra money on bloodwork before, during, and after. Hope this helps some of the brothers out!
-Rev

Electromass
10-12-2016, 11:22 PM
As much as it pains me to post this....I'm almost certain that I was running some underdosed gear from Xxxx pharmaceutical.
I was running their tren a 75 per ml, masteron prop @ 100 per ml and their sustanon 250. Doing all of these 3x per wk with "some results". Now I decided to start running a mix I got from gear depot called "rip blend", mostly out of convenience.
This mix consists of tren a 100 per ml, masteron prop @ 100 per ml, and test prop @ 100 per ml. And I am pinning the last of the Xxxx sust 250 along with the rip blend.
Now after only a week of switching brands (3) pins, I am certain the Xxxx gear is underdosed. Everything is up across the board, strength, aggression, libido.
This says two things to me, 1. Xxxx is not reliable, and 2. Gear Depot has some ligit dosing in their gear.

JohnDoe
10-12-2016, 11:42 PM
We do not discuss outside sponsors on this board. Thank you for your input on GearDepot - they are obviously good to go and that's why they are still here and in business on BOP. I would edit your post. Thanks for the input!!

Electromass
10-13-2016, 12:42 AM
We do not discuss outside sponsors on this board. Thank you for your input on GearDepot - they are obviously good to go and that's why they are still here and in business on BOP. I would edit your post. Thanks for the input!!
Ok, well....my misunderstanding then. It clearly says on the thread header to "call them out here".
I apologize, I guess I don't know what that means.

JohnDoe
10-13-2016, 01:22 AM
Ok, well....my misunderstanding then. It clearly says on the thread header to "call them out here".
I apologize, I guess I don't know what that means.

Right you are! My apologies...I wasn't even paying attention to the category this thread was in...it just popped up in my feed. I take it back - post on friend!

I was just trying to make sure nobody got their pee-pee smacked by a MOD ;)

Electromass
10-13-2016, 02:02 AM
Right you are! My apologies...I wasn't even paying attention to the category this thread was in...it just popped up in my feed. I take it back - post on friend!

I was just trying to make sure nobody got their pee-pee smacked by a MOD ;)
Hey no problem, not here to "smack pee-pees"... or get smacked! Just thought I'd throw out fair warning to the bros on BOP.

Bulking4775
01-14-2017, 05:43 AM
Good info thanks brother

deathdog
03-13-2017, 12:10 AM
iv had and used gear that metal tops spin and when lined up arent all level but the gear was still great :) thanks for the post

stormwheather
03-16-2017, 11:12 PM
PLS delete

nine.ether
12-16-2017, 04:40 PM
Im a newbie and just made my first order is Monster Gear legit?

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

bigeyed
12-17-2017, 04:02 AM

Sent from my LGMS330 using TapatalkLol. Yeah Bro. Monster is good. A good majority of the board has tried there gear. I've not tried them cause I get crazy pip on the type of carrier oil they use. No offense to monster just how it is. I'm sure you'll get a ton of responses.

RedWood1
12-17-2017, 04:29 AM
Lol. Yeah Bro. Monster is good. A good majority of the board has tried there gear. I've not tried them cause I get crazy pip on the type of carrier oil they use. No offense to monster just how it is. I'm sure you'll get a ton of responses.What type are they using if allowed to ask. Sorry if not Admin and Mods.

Sqwuidd
12-17-2017, 01:26 PM
Rep here

We use GSO for our standard line
MCT for our gold line

We are legit also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Primemuscle
12-17-2017, 02:38 PM
Good info. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedWood1
12-17-2017, 06:09 PM
Rep here

MCT for our gold line

We are legit also

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThanks for the reply brother good to know.

JohnDoe
12-17-2017, 07:51 PM

All of the sponsors we have here on BoP are legit.

Delta5
12-17-2017, 07:53 PM
^^THIS^^

bigeyed
12-17-2017, 10:13 PM
Rep here

MCT for our gold line

We are legit also

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkForgot about your gold line. I'm going to run Geno this cycle and see how it goes. Next cycle I might try your gold line. I prefer domestic anyway. Thanks for the info.

nine.ether
01-15-2018, 01:50 PM
All of the sponsors we have here on BoP are legit. Good look JohnDoe

milleniumgirl
01-15-2018, 02:32 PM
I remember that BD used to be the most counterfeited gear back then ....

BornFat
03-25-2018, 10:21 AM
thanks bro, very handy useful, much appreciated