PDA

View Full Version : boxers fracture

getttinbigg
03-01-2013, 09:06 PM
hey guys recently hurt my hand again im sure everyones been through this minor injury. just hopeing on some new opinions on workouts yall have done with this injury.:rolleyes:

PAiN
03-01-2013, 09:40 PM
How recent was the injury? Do you have a cast on it?

builtstrong
03-01-2013, 10:39 PM
I recently just recovered from one. It took about 15 weeks total. Keep
It simple ice it up, therapy by squeezing a tennis ball. Everyday. As far
As working out, go ahead and let it heal. Work legs/abs. Now is a good excuse
To get ya cardio where it needs to be if its lacking. Honestly there is really
No sense in putting more stress on that hand than u need to. I made
That mistake and ended up reinjuring myself. I know pro players that just get
A wrist brace and wrap it tight as can be after iceing, then they go at it. Maybe a
Little extreme but it works if its that serious.

bigtruckguy
03-02-2013, 06:17 AM
I have broke my hand and wrist in the exact same place 3 times. Let it heal and hit ur cardio...

Enigmatic707
03-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Delt with this many many times... Try taping it in an "x pattern" over the break.. You tube it and you'll find what I'm talking about.

PAiN
03-02-2013, 10:16 PM
I agree with the above let it heal completely and focus on something else right now like cardio or legs.

Fifth Metacarpal Fracture Rehabilitation Exercises You may do the stretching exercises right away when your cast is removed. You may do the strengthening exercises when stretching is nearly painless.

Stretching Exercises

Wrist Range of Motion

Flexion: Gently bend your wrist forward. Hold for 5 seconds. Do 3 sets of 10.
Extension: Gently bend your wrist backward. Hold this position 5 seconds. Do 3 sets of 10.
Side to side: Gently move your wrist from side to side (a handshake motion). Hold for 5 seconds at each end. Do 3 sets of 10.

Strengthening Exercises

Opposition stretch: Rest your hand on a table, palm up. Touch the tip of your thumb to the tip of your little finger. Hold this position for 6 seconds. Repeat 10 times.
Wrist flexion: Hold a can or hammer handle in your hand with your palm facing up. Bend your wrist upward. Slowly lower the weight and return to the starting position. Do 3 sets of 10. Gradually increase the weight of the can or weight you are holding.
Wrist extension: Hold a soup can or hammer handle in your hand with your palm facing down. Slowly bend your wrist upward. Slowly lower the weight down into the starting position. Do 3 sets of 10. Gradually increase the weight of the object you are holding.
Grip strengthening: Squeeze a rubber ball and hold for 5 seconds. Do 3 sets of 10.
Finger spring: Place a large rubber band around the outside of your thumb and the rest of your fingers. Open your fingers to stretch the rubber band. Do 3 sets of 10.

Published by RelayHealth.
This content is reviewed periodically and is subject to change as new health information becomes available. The information is intended to inform and educate and is not a replacement for medical evaluation, advice, diagnosis or treatment by a healthcare professional.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfjgbasFWg8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltR-K-XPU8M

bigtruckguy
03-03-2013, 06:56 PM
I broke 3,4 and 5 at the knuckle and also at the cmc joints... I was out for 9 weeks with a cast then had to rehab for awhile.. that was the first time. The second and third time I dont believe it was considered a boxers fracture. I broke the 3,4 and 5 in the middle of my hand and also at cmc joints again.

bigdude
03-03-2013, 07:53 PM
I recently just recovered from one. It took about 15 weeks total. Keep
It simple ice it up, therapy by squeezing a tennis ball. Everyday. As far
As working out, go ahead and let it heal. Work legs/abs. Now is a good excuse
To get ya cardio where it needs to be if its lacking. Honestly there is really
No sense in putting more stress on that hand than u need to. I made
That mistake and ended up reinjuring myself. I know pro players that just get
A wrist brace and wrap it tight as can be after iceing, then they go at it. Maybe a
Little extreme but it works if its that serious.

That's the most sound advice I have heard anyone give concerning rehabing an injury

bigdude
03-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Idk know what just happened...