PDA

View Full Version : Lower back pop, pinched nerve or wtf? Cannot stand up

NoExcuses
05-25-2021, 01:42 PM
Has happened once a year for the past 6 or 7 years and prevents me from standing straight up for 20 seconds or so. At least 2 of those times has been during bent over rows and low weight. Yesterday my warm up of 95 lbs was lifted off the rack and I felt the light “pop”, mind you I max around 245 so this wasn’t heavy. I only have pain when engaging my lower back ie rolling around in bed or physically bending with my back.

massages don’t work
adjustments don’t work
hanging upside down table doesn’t work
anti inflammatories don’t work

laying on a roller has the sensation of a good massage but once I try to stand up I can’t for 15-20 seconds as usual. The only thing that helps is time, generally 10-14 days of this misery.

anyone experience anything similiar? Tips or tricks? Thanks guys

*XXL
05-25-2021, 01:45 PM
Have you seen a doc and gotten and MRI?

NoExcuses
05-25-2021, 01:52 PM
Yes, all good. No past major injuries.
ive seen a chiropractor for this as well and they recommend adjustments which work for an hour or so but right back to where I was before

*XXL
05-25-2021, 01:55 PM
Yes, all good. No past major injuries.
ive seen a chiropractor for this as well and they recommend adjustments which work for an hour or so but right back to where I was before

Nothing on the MRI eh [emoji848]

Everyone focusing on the back, seems to not be working. Maybe sacrum issue?

EXO-GEN [emoji1022]
Beyond Human Genetics
List: [email protected]

NoExcuses
05-25-2021, 03:41 PM
Going to have my old mri looked at by another DR today just in case

Crosstop
05-25-2021, 03:45 PM
I know the feeling. Happens to me also since I was 30. I’m 49 now. Happened again last week for me too. It’s been almost a year since the last time. Lying on a 2x8 suspended board helped a couple times and laying flat on a hard floor with my feet on the couch helped also. I won’t take winstrol or clen cause it seems to make it come back as far as the back pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frome
05-25-2021, 04:15 PM
Has happened once a year for the past 6 or 7 years and prevents me from standing straight up for 20 seconds or so. At least 2 of those times has been during bent over rows and low weight. Yesterday my warm up of 95 lbs was lifted off the rack and I felt the light “pop”, mind you I max around 245 so this wasn’t heavy. I only have pain when engaging my lower back ie rolling around in bed or physically bending with my back.

massages don’t work
adjustments don’t work
hanging upside down table doesn’t work
anti inflammatories don’t work

laying on a roller has the sensation of a good massage but once I try to stand up I can’t for 15-20 seconds as usual. The only thing that helps is time, generally 10-14 days of this misery.

anyone experience anything similiar? Tips or tricks? Thanks guys

I had the EXACT same thing happen a few years back. Could not stand up straight for days. I was in the shower and noticed that if I jammed my fist/knuckle right where it hurt I could instantly straighten up. I cranked on it and felt/heard it slide back into place. It was instant relief.

It sounds like a subluxed facet joint in your spine. Gotta find a way to work it back in. I’d lay on the floor on your back with a tennis ball right where it hurts and start cranking.

Good luck, pain sucks!

NoExcuses
05-26-2021, 12:46 AM
Going to give this a try now, thank you ����

Mr.Beefy
05-26-2021, 05:09 AM
So recently.. I've had lower back pain as well. Advil wasn't helping, I had to sleep sitting on the couch with and ice pack on my back. I recently started taking Meloxicam (not an opioid). Prescribed by my Doc. Its one pill upon rising, it last 20 hours. It is more of an effective (NSAID) then Advil IMO. It's been helping alot. i hope you feel better quick.