PDA

View Full Version : Need Help on Purchases using Bitcoin

MongooseST3
05-26-2021, 10:29 PM
Good Afternoon

I am new to using bitcoins and transfers using MoneyGram. I have used Western Union with no problem but some vendors do not accept it

I tried to make a transaction to one of the vendors here using MoneyGram through my bank account and even tried my credit card and it says the transaction cannot be done The customer service representative indicated that they need to review the account for at least one week does anybody out there experience the same thing with MoneyGram?

I want to make a transaction with one of the vendors here on site using either MoneyGram or Bitcoin but I know nothing about Bitcoin

I have set up an account on coinbase and linked that to a bank account but how do I transfer it from there to the vendor? The vendor has provided a wallet number which is quite lengthy I think you've seen them . But I need to provide some way of transferring over to that number. but nowhere does coinbase ask for that. Tthey're asking for a phone number and address or email address which makes no sense to me

Can anybody out there walk me through the method that they use and the company that they use ( Monetgram, Coinbase, etc) so I can properly make this transaction. Tis is getting to be one pain in the ass trying to make a transaction, but I fully understand the confidentiality and secuirty issues we are all aware of. I am old school and could be a father or grandfather to most of you in this forum. So please be understanding when trying to explain how I can get through this. Thank you!.........

*XXL
05-26-2021, 10:39 PM
Well first things first, DO NOT USE COINBASE! They suck and will hold your BTC for weeks before you can use it. Or the bank will.

Download ATOMIC, exodus, blockchain, etc They are easy wallets and you can buy BTC on there.

EXO-GEN [emoji1022]
Beyond Human Genetics
List: [email protected]

Caustic Charm
05-26-2021, 10:53 PM
XXL is correct. I’ve outlined this process a few times, but I use cashapp to buy bitcoin, I transfer from cashapp to an external wallet like exodus. Then I pay my vendor. Simple as that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Consaro
05-28-2021, 10:48 AM
Well first things first, DO NOT USE COINBASE! They suck and will hold your BTC for weeks before you can use it. Or the bank will.

Download ATOMIC, exodus, blockchain, etc They are easy wallets and you can buy BTC on there.

EXO-GEN [emoji1022]
Beyond Human Genetics

That’s weird, when I buy BTC using Coinbase I’m able to use it immediately. I’ve had my account there for awhile though

MongooseST3
06-04-2021, 12:18 PM
Thanks Brother XXL!...Like I said I am new to this. So explain When using say Exodus what is the genral procedure?.....Do you transfer funds from a bank account to buy the bitcoin or from yuour CC. My CC comanies Chase Visa and MC Bank of America do not allow bitcoin purchases. So kindly explain how procedure of pruchasing bitcoin goes so I can bets prrepare at my end what kind of an account I need to set up and will my bank allow such transfers to pruchase bitcoin. Thanks in Advance

MongooseST3
06-04-2021, 12:19 PM
Thanks Brother!....You stated you "outlined this process a few times" can you kindly outline it for me? What is the procedure for doing so?

Do you transfer funds from a bank account to buy the bitcoin or from yuour CC. My CC comanies Chase Visa and MC Bank of America do not allow bitcoin purchases. So kindly explain how procedure of pruchasing bitcoin goes so I can bets prrepare at my end what kind of an account I need to set up and will my bank allow such transfers to pruchase bitcoin. Thanks in Advance

MongooseST3
06-04-2021, 12:41 PM
Hey Brother, I just downloaded Exodus and they state Exodus reccomends purchasing from coinbase, which you stated is not good. Any suggestions? It appears that Exodus is like a bank where one has their wallet stored. You cannot purchase at Exodus but need another entity. What company / method do you use and how to do it?...Thank You!

*XXL
06-04-2021, 01:25 PM
Hey Brother, I just downloaded Exodus and they state Exodus reccomends purchasing from coinbase, which you stated is not good. Any suggestions? It appears that Exodus is like a bank where one has their wallet stored. You cannot purchase at Exodus but need another entity. What company / method do you use and how to do it?...Thank You!

You can use Atomic, another wallet.

The easiest way, search for a BTC ATM in your area. Go deposit cash, scan QR code from wallet and it will send it there. It’s that simple.

Or download cash app, get verified, buy BTC and send to wallet.

Lastly, you could use CoinFlip, buy BTC on that app, then send to your Exodus wallet.

All these new wallets have some sort of issue with them when buying. But try ATOMIC if you find Exodus not working for you.

EXO-GEN [emoji1022]
Beyond Human Genetics

Exo-Gen
06-04-2021, 05:05 PM
That’s weird, when I buy BTC using Coinbase I’m able to use it immediately. I’ve had my account there for awhile though

A lot of guys get a 10-14 day hold. But if you've always used with good luck then there is nothing wrong with it

TimeUnder10shn
04-23-2022, 08:56 PM
Having trouble finding a Bitcoin wallet app that works in New York. The apps say they don't cover New York. Do you know of an app that currently works in New York?

Thanks in advance.

Dont wanna be old
04-24-2022, 12:35 AM
Are you using a mobile app ?
I recommend purchasing a Trezor wallet from amazon.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your situation ?
DWBO

kubes
04-24-2022, 12:40 AM
Having trouble finding a Bitcoin wallet app that works in New York. The apps say they don't cover New York. Do you know of an app that currently works in New York?

Thanks in advance.

I really doubt the state has much to do with it. Are you looking for a wallet or are you looking for an exchange to by crypto with usd?