PDA

View Full Version : Bacon fat

Greenegorilla2
03-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Bacon fat has the same molecules in it is olive oil, so don't skip out on the bacon boys, good fats right there

titanman03
03-07-2013, 04:04 PM
well I have a problem with bacon , i could just about eat it with every meal , and at any breakfest buffet watch out for me with the bacon haha

ODB
03-07-2013, 04:58 PM
bacon wrapped in bacon is awesome.

Bacon’s primary asset is its fat, and that fat— surprise! – is primarily monounsaturated. Fifty percent of the fat in bacon is monounsaturated, mostly consisting of oleic acid, the type so valued in olive oil. About three percent of that is palmitoleic acid, a monounsaturate with valuable antimicrobial properties. About 40 percent of bacon fat is saturated, a level that worries fat phobics, but is the reason why bacon fat is relatively stable and unlikely to go rancid under normal storage and cooking conditions. That’s important, given the fact that the remaining 10 percent is in the valuable but unstable form of polyunsaturates.7

Pork fat also contains a novel form of phosophatidyl choline that possesses antioxidant activity superior to Vitamin E. This may be one reason why lard and bacon fat are relatively stable and unprone to rancidity from free radicals.8
Bacon fat from pastured pigs also comes replete with fat-soluble vitamin D, provided it’s bacon from foraging pigs that romp outdoors in the sun for most of year. Factory-farmed pigs kept indoors and fed rations from soy, casein, corn meal, and other grains, are likely to show low levels of Vitamin D.

Traditionally cured bacon, sausage and other meats cured with sodium nitrite might be just the ticket to increasing NO (Nitric Oxide) production in the body.

gusgus
03-07-2013, 05:21 PM
when im trying to lean out i eat bacon and eggs every day for breakfast with nothing else. Protein with a bit of fat and 0 carbs promotes the best fatloss

kuntrykok
03-07-2013, 06:24 PM
I eat 2 or 3 packs of turkey bacon a week. Love that shit!

fonz
03-08-2013, 01:11 AM
This easys my mind a bit, my wifes family are farmers and we routinely get fresh beef and pork, I can't even eat the stuff sold in stores now. There is such a big difference in taste. I have recently became addicted to fresh bacon and fresh country eggs, sometimes i eat them twice a day. So much I was kindof starting to worry about the fat.

RockShawn
03-08-2013, 01:18 AM
Bacon. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/08/su3u9u7a.jpg

bigtruckguy
03-08-2013, 01:18 AM
This easys my mind a bit, my wifes family are farmers and we routinely get fresh beef and pork, I can't even eat the stuff sold in stores now. There is such a big difference in taste. I have recently became addicted to fresh bacon and fresh country eggs, sometimes i eat them twice a day. So much I was kindof starting to worry about the fat.
yard eggs and fresh bacon are the best! thick cut bacon is my fav and the flavor from fresh bacon is second to none...

Greenegorilla2
03-08-2013, 01:22 AM
Yea you are fine unless there are any hereditary illnesses you need to watch for or your not getting enough exercise, I don't recommend someone eating a ton of bacon that hardly gets off the couch once a day haha, you should be fine bro.

jdb3
03-08-2013, 01:25 AM
SHIT! DIDNT MEAN TO EDIT YOUR POST!!!!!!!! LOL, THOUGHT I WAS TYPING A NEW ONE!!!!!

jdb3
03-08-2013, 01:29 AM
That may be true, but it is also extremely high in Saturated fat, bacon grease is comprised of 40% sat fat. Olive oil has plenty of unsat fats and it is great (so is flax seed oil, pecan oil), bacon may contain some of those unsat fats but at the expense of heavy sat fat.....even on the molecular level. Now, I will eat the shit out some bacon, but I have been keeping my sat fat limited in the AM and trying to get my carbs up early. Pancakes, grits, with protien from eggs/milk