PDA

View Full Version : Safety profile of caffeine and 1,3-dimethylamylamine supplementation in healthy men.

joebob
03-08-2013, 04:26 AM
Interesting study I notice the media that has been bashing DMAA has not picked up this one to run with it....

Safety profile of caffeine and 1,3-dimethylamylamine supplementation in healthy men.

Abstract
Caffeine and 1,3-dimethylamylamine (DMAA) are widely used alone and in combination with dietary supplements. No investigation has determined the safety profile of chronic intake of caffeine or DMAA, alone or in combination, within the same study design. A total of 50 young and healthy men completed 12 weeks of daily supplementation with either a placebo (n = 11), caffeine at 250 mg day(-1) (n = 14), DMAA at 50 mg day(-1) (n = 13), or caffeine at 250 mg day(-1) + DMAA at 50 mg day(-1) (n = 12). Before and after 6 and 12 weeks of supplementation, the following variables were measured: body mass/composition, resting respiratory rate, blood pressure, 12-lead electrocardiogram, urinalysis, complete blood count, metabolic panel, lipid panel, and oxidative stress, inflammatory, and cardiac biomarkers. No interaction effects were noted for any variable (p > 0.05), with little change occurring across time for subjects in any of the four conditions. With the exception of urinary pH (p = 0.05; Pre (6.5 ± 0.1) higher than week 6 (6.1 ± 0.1)) and blood CO(2) (p = 0.02; week 12 (25.9 ± 0.3 mmol L(-1)) higher than week 6 (24.8 ± 0.3 mmol L(-1))), no time effect was noted for any other variable (p > 0.05). These data indicate that 12 weeks of daily supplementation with caffeine and DMAA, alone or in combination, does not result in a statistically significant change in any of the measured outcome variables.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23424215

Johnson
03-12-2013, 04:01 AM
The people that are abusing dmaa will ruin it for everybody. The chick that died in the marathon was said to have taken jack3d "a couple of times" before the race. I also had a guy tell me he takes a couple scoops before he hits the bars on the weekends.

drednought
03-12-2013, 06:06 PM
The people that are abusing dmaa will ruin it for everybody. The chick that died in the marathon was said to have taken jack3d "a couple of times" before the race. I also had a guy tell me he takes a couple scoops before he hits the bars on the weekends.
Nice, a heart attack cocktail. After a couple of yagerbombs and redbull+vodkas boom goes the dynamite.

joebob
03-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Nice, a heart attack cocktail. After a couple of yagerbombs and redbull+vodkas boom goes the dynamite.

Natural selection at its best! This country needs to stop trying to "save people" from themselves...

PAiN
03-14-2013, 03:56 AM

Agreed..... What a bunch of morons....

Great article. Thanks.

luckyluke_80
03-25-2013, 03:32 PM

dumbest thing I have heard....before the bars? WHY? I would not enjoy that feeling when out drinking.

mizzou24
03-25-2013, 04:59 PM
dumbest thing I have heard....before the bars? WHY? I would not enjoy that feeling when out drinking.

I dunno man I remember gulping down those sparks they use to have damn those were awesome lol.

jdb3
03-25-2013, 05:06 PM
1,3-dimethylamylamine cant take it....will ruin my day. Makes me feel like Im on the edge of a nervous breakdown. Enjoy fellas! More for you

kuntrykok
03-26-2013, 01:49 AM
I tried MP's and couldn't take it either... Freaked me the fuck out. I'll stick w/ ECA. Lol

af86
03-26-2013, 02:32 AM
Ya I tried noxipro and can't Fuck with it shit jacked my BP up high as hell I never did more than
One scoop at any given time. That study is done with a controlled amout 50mg, noxipro says
Proprietary blend and offers no dosage of how much dmaa is in it, it has 12 things in it and the proprietary
Blend is 5600mg per scoop! So who knows how much dmaa is in it per scoop.

With that in mind be carefull do research. And remember you money is more important to them
Than your health.

And for the stupid mfers who used it to get high or mixed it with alcohol makes my eyes rain!
Jk Fuck em n good riddens c ya in hell!:)

af86
03-26-2013, 02:55 AM
Ya that was mean it makes my eyes rain. :(

bigboithetank
03-26-2013, 03:20 AM
Yo af86, put a damn shirt on! You look too good, haha!

af86
03-26-2013, 04:21 AM
Well spank you very much. Two weeks ago you couldn't even see my ABS I was probley10 to 11 % bf started dieting and doing low intensity cardio and eating blasters t3with some tren ace and propinate from sarcs and boom goes the dynamite :)Diet is the keyThe juice and t3 do help it along though! :)