PDA

View Full Version : Hgh and cancer

Greenegorilla2
03-12-2013, 12:16 AM
From what I can find hgh grows cancer, any of you guys check to see if you had cancer before diving right in?

gator-mclusky
03-12-2013, 12:47 AM
There are studies that say this and studies that say that. In theory, if it can grow tissue then it could possibly grow Cancer. Seems like everything causes Cancer anyway though. Hell, the other day they were saying Splenda in diet drinks caused it. From what I've read over the yrs and I havent read nearly as much on HGH as AAS's it came to ind to me that if at high doses it could grow organs then common sense say that yes there is a possibility.

But........fountain of youth groups all over the world swear by it.

Greenegorilla2
03-12-2013, 01:51 PM
True, but the thought of having a cancer habitat in my body is not ideal, I'm curious of the number of people that take hgh that have taken responsible steps for their health.,

Thesuperwallaby
03-12-2013, 05:10 PM
I'm a cancer survivor and I have been hesitant to get into hgh for this reason,

Greenegorilla2
03-12-2013, 07:44 PM
Glad to hear u beat it wallaby,I've had family members touched by cancer and beat it as well.

bhcolex50x
03-12-2013, 07:49 PM
If you have cancer it could grow it faster, but there's nothing linking it to getting it, your either going to get it or not an if you do hgh could make it worse :/ that being said I'm on 2iu/day just cruising

metromuscle
03-12-2013, 08:40 PM
I wish I could see studies with real examples of people that did develop cancer faster because they were on hgh.

Greenegorilla2
03-12-2013, 09:43 PM
If you have cancer it could grow it faster, but there's nothing linking it to getting it, your either going to get it or not an if you do hgh could make it worse :/ that being said I'm on 2iu/day just cruising

Everyone one has cancers cells present in them, and anything could unleash them, all I was asking was ,anyone on growth check themselves before using.

Big Moose
03-15-2013, 04:04 AM
"Epidemiological studies of patients with acromegaly indicate an increased risk of colorectal cancer, although risk of other cancers is unproven, and a long-term follow-up study of children deficient in GH treated with pituitary-derived GH has indicated an increased risk of colorectal cancer. Conversely, extensive studies of the outcome of GH replacement in childhood cancer survivors show no evidence of an excess of de novo cancers, and more recent surveillance of children and adults treated with GH has revealed no increase in observed cancer risk. However, given the experimental evidence that indicates GH/IGF-1 provides an anti-apoptotic environment that may favour survival of genetically damaged cells, longer-term surveillance is necessary; over many years, even a subtle alteration in the environmental milieu in this direction, although not inducing cancer, could result in acceleration of carcinogenesis. Finally, even if GH/IGF-1 therapy does result in a small increase in cancer risk compared to untreated patients with GH deficiency, it is likely that the eventual risk will be the same as the general population. Such a restoration to normality will need to be balanced against the known morbidity of untreated GH deficiency."

Looks like they are still up in the air on this - I could find no data fully supporting the theory that GH will cause malignant cells to grow as fast as healthy cells, but it sounds plausible. The stress diathesis model that the previous member posted about isn't what they are looking at here, but more will GH favor survival of genetically damaged cells and the answer is basically - nobody knows for sure. It's always a good idea to get annual physicals as well as pre and post cycle.

exphys88
03-15-2013, 04:11 AM
"Epidemiological studies of patients with acromegaly indicate an increased risk of colorectal cancer, although risk of other cancers is unproven, and a long-term follow-up study of children deficient in GH treated with pituitary-derived GH has indicated an increased risk of colorectal cancer. Conversely, extensive studies of the outcome of GH replacement in childhood cancer survivors show no evidence of an excess of de novo cancers, and more recent surveillance of children and adults treated with GH has revealed no increase in observed cancer risk. However, given the experimental evidence that indicates GH/IGF-1 provides an anti-apoptotic environment that may favour survival of genetically damaged cells, longer-term surveillance is necessary; over many years, even a subtle alteration in the environmental milieu in this direction, although not inducing cancer, could result in acceleration of carcinogenesis. Finally, even if GH/IGF-1 therapy does result in a small increase in cancer risk compared to untreated patients with GH deficiency, it is likely that the eventual risk will be the same as the general population. Such a restoration to normality will need to be balanced against the known morbidity of untreated GH deficiency."

Looks like they are still up in the air on this - I could find no data fully supporting the theory that GH will cause malignant cells to grow as fast as healthy cells, but it sounds plausible. The stress diathesis model that the previous member posted about isn't what they are looking at here, but more will GH favor survival of genetically damaged cells and the answer is basically - nobody knows for sure. It's always a good idea to get annual physicals as well as pre and post cycle.

Great, objective post. Welcome to the forum bro.

omni
03-15-2013, 08:20 AM
On my father's side, everyone's died from cancer. The oldest was my father at 46. That's what's kept me from it.

Big Moose
03-15-2013, 03:38 PM
I hear ya- cancer is no joke and runs rampant in my family as well. That being said- I am planning on starting my GH in the next two weeks. I will be taking both genotropin and serostim- I am physically healthy (according to my physician!) and the only thing I am worried about is the negative change in insulin resistance. (Of course if you acquire Type 2 diabetes secondary to GH use - you open yourself up to a slew of other health risk factors). I AM NOT worried about a cancer gene that may or may not be there and/or may or may not be exasperated by using 2.5iu of GH per day. Now I am taking human pharma grade HGH because I was lucky enough to get some- but I may not feel as comfortable with the generic stuff- I am not knocking it at all- I just like to know exactly what substance and at what dose I am putting in my body. I will keep a log- to track my progress and continue to get regular check ups- but obviously my experience alone couldn't answer the cancer question. It will take many years of cohort studies to find an answer to that.

exphys88
03-15-2013, 03:54 PM
Interestingly, obesity will soon be the leading risk factor for cancer.

Greenegorilla2
03-15-2013, 04:34 PM
Let us know how that goes moose.

gator-mclusky
03-16-2013, 05:44 AM
AAS's enlarge muscle cells. HGH produce muscle cells so I can see the possible link that if their were Cancerous cells, then they could be multiplied. I stayed away until this yr 42 because I wasnt sure of a link to it increasing Cancer cells. From reading and talking to others well into their 60's they swear by it with no prollems so I decided to do the 2 i/u. dealio as well.....