PDA

View Full Version : Increased intensity, volume or frequency on cycle

NickA
03-13-2013, 10:34 PM
Do you usually increase your intensity, volume or frequency on cycle compared to off-peroids? I'm doing my first cycle soon and after lifting for nine years I have a pretty good feeling about how much I can push myself before overtraining. I know that I will recover a lot faster and have significantly increased strength once I start on aas, but how would you change your workout regiment (if you do at all)?

bhcolex50x
03-14-2013, 12:50 AM
hey bro welcome saw you on the intro section, on cycle i increase weight and if cutting i increase # of reps per set, but the body parts worked and frequency stays the same for me, i do DC training, read up on it and if you like what you see i'll send you an excel sheet that can help you set up your workout.

jdb3
03-14-2013, 02:06 AM
Do you usually increase your intensity, volume or frequency on cycle compared to off-peroids?

hell yes

NickA
03-14-2013, 02:35 AM
I'll give it all I got and listen to how my body reacts as I progress. Excited to see how much more I can push myself when I'm on cycle! :D

jdb3
03-14-2013, 02:39 AM
yes and hell yes....the only problem I ever ran into was my tendons not being able to keep up with muscle growth. other than that...pound the weights relentlessly

NickA
03-14-2013, 02:43 AM
Yes, getting injured on cycle (especially early) must be a nightmare. Good form, good form, good form,...

PAiN
03-15-2013, 07:29 PM
Do you usually increase your intensity, volume or frequency on cycle compared to off-peroids? I'm doing my first cycle soon and after lifting for nine years I have a pretty good feeling about how much I can push myself before overtraining. I know that I will recover a lot faster and have significantly increased strength once I start on aas, but how would you change your workout regiment (if you do at all)?

You will feel the change bro. The pounds and intensity will go up on all lifts. You will want to train more and more and more.

The key is to know when to quit because if you overtrain you are moving two steps back.

NickA
03-15-2013, 08:46 PM
You will feel the change bro. The pounds and intensity will go up on all lifts. You will want to train more and more and more.

The key is to know when to quit because if you overtrain you are moving two steps back.

Yeah, I've stepped into the trap of overtraining in the past, so I'll be looking out for that. I like to think I have a decent knowledge now of how much my body can take, but starting a cycle will be a whole new experience and something I'll have to adjust accordingly to.

MuscleAddiction
03-15-2013, 08:48 PM

^^^ 100% spot on!!!

RockShawn
03-15-2013, 10:58 PM
When the intensity goes up my volume usually goes up. Frequency isn't what it used to be...oh shit I thought this was the sexual health forum. My bad.

inhuman
03-15-2013, 11:01 PM
^^^bahahaha

Greenegorilla2
03-16-2013, 01:57 AM
"Make a routine you know you can sustain" - bill pearl. If you don't know who he is.... Well you prolly don't need to be lifting

pulooooooo
03-16-2013, 10:42 PM
I got higher reps, lesser weight not to hurt myself..and just increase the weight slightly..

Jshredz
03-16-2013, 10:53 PM

That depends on how many years of experience and any injuries you may have.
If you already put years of time in the gym prior to your 1st cycle your tendons should already be strong. If not your muscle strength can quickly outgrow your tendon strength and you'll be more susceptible to injury if your train too intense.
Your recovery will be much greater while your on cycle and your strength will go up. Try to keep that same rep range while increasing those poundages!!
Keep your reps controlled and you should be ok (1sec up , 2 sec down minimum) .....Avoid maxing out on the bench!!.. Leave that for the kids

NickA
03-16-2013, 11:18 PM
When the intensity goes up my volume usually goes up. Frequency isn't what it used to be...oh shit I thought this was the sexual health forum. My bad.

Lol!

That depends on how many years of experience and any injuries you may have.
If you already put years of time in the gym prior to your 1st cycle your tendons should already be strong. If not your muscle strength can quickly outgrow your tendon strength and you'll be more susceptible to injury if your train too intense.
Your recovery will be much greater while your on cycle and your strength will go up. Try to keep that same rep range while increasing those poundages!!
Keep your reps controlled and you should be ok (1sec up , 2 sec down minimum) .....Avoid maxing out on the bench!!.. Leave that for the kids

I've got nine years of lifting experience (26 years old), but seriously the last five. Got a few issues with a knee, shoulder and back, but I tend to be able to keep it in check.
Thanks for the advice!

Jshredz
03-16-2013, 11:48 PM
Lol!

I've got nine years of lifting experience (26 years old), but seriously the last five. Got a few issues with a knee, shoulder and back, but I tend to be able to keep it in check.
Thanks for the advice!

Got it, I meant no disrespect. Lol

When injuries are involved I suggest train at a faster pace keep the reps controlled and rep range in the 8-12 range. Up the weight as it becomes too light.

NickA
03-17-2013, 11:02 PM
Got it, I meant no disrespect. Lol

When injuries are involved I suggest train at a faster pace keep the reps controlled and rep range in the 8-12 range. Up the weight as it becomes too light.

I know you didn't. Can't get bigger and stronger if you're injured so that is my number 1 priority. Thanks for your input :)

krustus
03-17-2013, 11:31 PM
i'm not a real experienced aas user (starting second cycle now) but i don't make a conscious decision to increase reps or weights it just starts happening as the cycle kicks in and you can do more reps and weight, then listen to your body and joints.