PDA

View Full Version : Melanotan II overdose! damage your kidneys and cause your muscles to break down

joebob
03-17-2013, 01:36 AM
Not that anyone would take 6mg at once wow!!!!!!

[QMelanotan II injection resulting in systemic toxicity and rhabdomyolysis.UOTE][/QUOTE]

Abstract
INTRODUCTION:
Melanotan products are currently purchased over the Internet and are designed to induce melanogenesis to create sunless tanning as well are used as sexual stimulants. We report a novel case of systemic toxicity with sympathomimetic excess and rhabdomyolysis after use of Melanotan II.
CASE REPORT:
A 39 year-old Caucasian male injected subcutaneously 6 mg of Melanotan II purchased over the Internet in an attempt to darken his skin during wintertime. This dose was six times the recommended starting dose per the patient. In the emergency department two hours post injection, he complained of diffuse body aches, sweating, and a sensation of anxiety. Vital signs included BP 151/85 mmHg, HR 130 bpm that peaked at 146 bpm, and temperature of 97.8°F. Physical exam demonstrated a restless and anxious appearing male with mydriasis, diaphoresis, tachycardia, and diffuse muscle tremors. Pertinent laboratory values were creatinine 2.25 mg/dL, CPK 1760 IU/L, troponin 0.23 ng/mL, WBC 19.1 k/μL. Urinalysis demonstrated 3 + blood with red cell casts but 0-2 RBC/hpf. Qualitative urine drug screen was negative for metabolites of cocaine and amphetamines but positive for opiates. The patient received benzodiazepines for agitation and anxiety and had improvement in his symptoms. He was admitted to the ICU and during hospitalization his CPK elevated to 17773 IU/L 12 hours later. He continued to receive intravenous fluids with sodium bicarbonate for rhabdomyolysis and his CPK decreased to 2622 IU/L with improvement of creatinine to 1.23 mg/dL upon discharge from the ICU after 3 days. The substance, which he injected, was analyzed via mass spectrometry and was confirmed to be Melanotan II when compared with an industry purchased standard sample.
DISCUSSION:
Melanotan products are purchased via the Internet and have three main formulations (Melanotan I, Melanotan II, and bremelanotide). Melanotan I increases melanogenesis and eumelanin content to produce sunless tanning. Melanotan II also increases skin pigmentation but also produces spontaneous penile erections and sexual stimulation. Bremelanotide is a variation of Melanotan II that is specifically designed for sexual stimulation. This unique case highlights the potential of systemic toxicity with sympathomimetic excess, rhabdomyolysis, and renal dysfunction from Melanotan II use.
CONCLUSION:
Melanotan II use resulted in systemic toxicity including apparent sympathomimetic symptoms, rhabdomyolysis, and renal dysfunction.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23121206

Greenegorilla2
03-17-2013, 02:00 AM
I've heard horror stories of this stuff. Idk if its worth it.

joebob
03-17-2013, 02:19 AM
I've heard horror stories of this stuff. Idk if its worth it.

I can say I have enjoyed it but kept dose lower 200-300 mcg a day for 2 weeks then 400-600 total a week after that.

Greenegorilla2
03-17-2013, 02:34 AM
I don't need any extra moles ! No thanks!

MuscleAddiction
03-17-2013, 04:04 AM
I use it and never would imagine shooting 6mg in one dose! I start at .25mg ED for 3 days, .5mg for 3 days, darkness gets perfect and just use a maintenance dose of 1mg EW...this gets good results and safer!

joebob
03-17-2013, 04:07 AM
I use it and never would imagine shooting 6mg in one dose! I start at .25mg ED for 3 days, .5mg for 3 days, darkness gets perfect and just use a maintenance dose of 1mg EW...this gets good results and safer!

Yeah first time in my life I have been able to go out in the summer time I mean I burn like a damn vampire!!! So for me so far so good but research is lacking on this one I admit.

MuscleAddiction
03-17-2013, 04:22 AM
It always takes that one person who has a momentary lapse of reason abuse it or do something stupid! Like everything we do and take risks...just be smart and use common sense.

gator-mclusky
03-17-2013, 08:31 AM
Personally I aint shooting up a tan enhancer. Just doesnt seem right and anything that causes moles cant be a good thing. I tried it a few days and it got my dick hard and I was throwing up. Gatta love it!!! lol

rmkicks
03-17-2013, 11:15 AM
I've used it many times over the past few years following a protocol about the same as this. It doesn't take much MT2 to get a good base tan. I couldn't imagine shooting 6mg at once hell, .5mg can be enough to make you nauseous.

WHITE RHINO
03-17-2013, 11:26 AM
I front loaded just my first run ever and was sick every day. I believer the dose was .05 now i just pin .02eod. I don't get sick,get a deep dark tan, few moles but when i stop in winter the go away.

Greenegorilla2
03-17-2013, 01:08 PM
Idk bro u have to be a dedicated mother fucker to overlook extra moles haha

WHITE RHINO
03-18-2013, 11:42 AM
Idk bro u have to be a dedicated mother fucker to overlook extra moles haha

When i say mole i mean a dark freakle. Once i stop they fad away. When i think of a mole i think of above the skin. This is not my case its a frekel.

Swampjuice
03-19-2013, 06:07 PM
6mg! WTF was this idiot thinking! 250mcg ed for first week makes me darker than i wanna be with only one tanning session a weak. Plus at that dose it makes me hornier than test does! But downfall to it makes me not hungry post injection.......not good

PAiN
03-25-2013, 04:08 PM

Same here brother.

Thanks for the info bro. Great post.

krustus
03-25-2013, 04:34 PM
i've been looking into melanotan... so most of you guys are happy with the results? and do you take only if you are actively trying to tan (tanning bed , laying out) or does it tan you some no matter what. i would love to be "not so pale" don't need the darkest contest tan.

and which version is best mt 1 or mt2?

metromuscle
03-25-2013, 07:59 PM
Damn I didn't even realize the "horny factor" with it...although the lack of hunger thereafter makes me think twice about doing it.
6mg! WTF was this idiot thinking! 250mcg ed for first week makes me darker than i wanna be with only one tanning session a weak. Plus at that dose it makes me hornier than test does! But downfall to it makes me not hungry post injection.......not good