PDA

View Full Version : dead lift stagnant

finch9000
11-17-2022, 11:39 AM
Hey guys how's everyone going? Just curious on peoples deadlift pbs and ways to improve I'm 88kg and Pb is 192kg
Can't seem to get past this point any tips would be greatly appreciated

Dont wanna be old
11-17-2022, 12:27 PM
Have you done Rack Pulls overloaded ?
The strongest powerlifter wanna be I knew started using good girl/bad girl machine. After a hamstring muscle pull he incorporated hip abductor exercises and made some improvements.
I thought standing on a platform doing deadlift warmups made a difference but never tried 1RMs those days.
My repeated recommendation is to have someone videotape you lifting so you can critique yourself in private.
If your serious every lift has to be focused with the same intentions. No one lifted extreme weights on accident.
Be well
DWBO

Exo-Gen
11-17-2022, 04:13 PM
what i did a long time ago was focus on back, legs and traps only. no arms chest or anything else for 2 months

anyone can have front quads so i focused only on my inner quads and glutes. i did this with leg press only and no squats. i used a very high foot position for glutes with my legs spread in a deadlift position and i would also go wider. for inner i did mid (normal) height and wide foot position. i did full range of motion ! deep. go heavy as fuck
and then i did a lot of back and traps very very heavy. deadlifts i did 2 times a week

the point was to build the lacking legs and glutes muscles.

also my butt grew a lot

cycle at that time was 1000mg test and 50mg dbol no AI

finch9000
11-18-2022, 03:23 AM
Thanks for the tips ill give them a go and hopefully grow some strength

Exo-Gen
11-18-2022, 03:48 AM
Thanks for the tips ill give them a go and hopefully grow some strength

you'll get it !!

Jaxz
11-18-2022, 03:26 PM
5x5 70% 1 rep max for 3 weeks then to 75 % then to 80% .
Back,traps ,core and glutes are important also . Not many man do glutes exercises they think it's for women .

After your 9 weeks of 5x5 take a week off then go 1 rep max .
This is only my opinion

MarvelNerd
11-20-2022, 07:43 PM
Hey guys how's everyone going? Just curious on peoples deadlift pbs and ways to improve I'm 88kg and Pb is 192kg

Watch some videos on John Haack lol.

Work on your glutes, hams, and back.

Rack pull variations and deficit deadlifts.

Down sets are king. Build some strength doing some lower weight sets. Those build the muscle to pull heavy.

I also like to pull conventional occasionally working in a macro cycle of sumo deadlifts.

Never Stop Growing

MarvelNerd
11-20-2022, 07:44 PM
5x5 70% 1 rep max for 3 weeks then to 75 % then to 80% .
Back,traps ,core and glutes are important also . Not many man do glutes exercises they think it's for women .

After your 9 weeks of 5x5 take a week off then go 1 rep max .
This is only my opinion

5x5 is a rough program on deadlifts. I did it twice a week to build strength and felt beat up for 2 months.

Never Stop Growing

MarvelNerd
12-07-2022, 01:01 AM

How you doing on this? I am working towards pulling over 500 again. Just did a high set of 465x3. I Think I can hit 600 by 45 yrs old. A couple years away and plenty of time to train.

Never Stop Growing

Synaptic
03-25-2023, 06:48 PM
I found incorporating a mesocycle/macrocycle/periodization etc very helpful for breaking through 1 rep max walls. Taking a % of your 1rep max in the first weeks or month to the 8-12 range followed by a month/few weeks of 4-6 rep range and finally a personal precontest month of 80-95% of your max which should be around 3 reps give or take but not more then 5. Rack pulls at different elevations that overload with 130% and above are amazing too. I love these personally as they make your body/mind grow more comfortable with how heavier weight feels. Incorporating auxillary exercises throughout the cycle is key. Where do you struggle the most with the dead anatomically, how is your grip strength,Core and stabilizer muscle,tendon, ligaments. I often use good mornings standing and seated to improve range of motion and stability. Not with a heavy weight either. Sometimes just the bar. A snatch grip deadlift where I hold certain positions for a good while. The bar will just leave the ground, still below the knees and I freeze with my back in perfect flexion. Then just above the knees with a hold. You can mess around with variations of that. Another good one for me is a snatch grip or regular grip dead from a elevated platform. This is not for the novice or those nursing posterior chain issues. Anyway after all that take a day or two off so you are completely fresh. This is the day. Warm up, add anywhere from 3-5% of that max and go from there if you feel strong enough to pull more.