PDA

View Full Version : Bitcoin fee quandary

metromuscle
01-04-2023, 03:08 PM
Some time ago I bought items with bitcoin, first buying the bitcoin from a Digitalmint machine. When it transferred to my wallet (Mycellium) I was taken aback with what seemed like almost $50 in fees were taken from it (I put in $360 into the machine, and $316 ended up in my wallet).
Does this seem right, when using a bitcoin atm? I'm new at bitcoin and I realize this is the "thing" now, so what is the best way to do transactions with it to avoid such fees? Avoid the atm machines?

MarvelNerd
01-04-2023, 07:34 PM
Some time ago I bought items with bitcoin, first buying the bitcoin from a Digitalmint machine. When it transferred to my wallet (Mycellium) I was taken aback with what seemed like almost $50 in fees were taken from it (I put in $360 into the machine, and $316 ended up in my wallet).
Does this seem right, when using a bitcoin atm? I'm new at bitcoin and I realize this is the "thing" now, so what is the best way to do transactions with it to avoid such fees? Avoid the atm machines?

That isn’t too bad. I bought 400 and ended up with 315. Bought 1K and ended up with less than 800. Not real impressed with the current situation.

Never Stop Growing

Jaxz
01-04-2023, 08:13 PM
I believe you guys need to look around some . I think normal rate is like 10% or so .

metromuscle
01-04-2023, 08:22 PM
I believe you guys need to look around some . I think normal rate is like 10% or so .

Yeah that's what I figured since I'm new at this Bitcoin shit, realizing this is how it is now. Perhaps using the machines there is a higher service fee. I tried three Coin cloud machines and all three were broke down so then I tried a Digital Mint one, which was similar and not difficult at all.

MarvelNerd
01-04-2023, 09:41 PM

I haven’t bought any since then. I was pretty mad.

Never Stop Growing

metromuscle
01-04-2023, 10:20 PM
I haven’t bought any since then. I was pretty mad.

Never Stop Growing

Yeah, how you got stuck with those kind of fees is totally inexcusable

Razorbak
01-04-2023, 10:22 PM
Digital Mint??

metromuscle
01-05-2023, 12:59 AM
Digital Mint??

Yeah it was a "Digital Mint" bitcoin machine in a currency exchange. The process was very easy I have to say. I originally have used Coin cloud machines which worked good, but I couldnt find an operating one in my area so I gave up with them.

Jaxz
01-05-2023, 02:32 PM
There's a app I can't remember what it is that will show u all bitcoin in area. Pretty sure it will tell u the rate also.

MarvelNerd
01-06-2023, 01:03 AM
There's a app I can't remember what it is that will show u all bitcoin in area. Pretty sure it will tell u the rate also.

Appreciate the information. I will check into this for sure.

Never Stop Growing

MarvelNerd
01-06-2023, 08:55 PM

CoinATMRadar
Fees in my area 14 percent
Selling BTC at 19666
Total fees in excess of 25 percent of your purchase.
Others didn’t even list a price or fees.

Never Stop Growing

Exo-Gen
01-06-2023, 11:29 PM
if your going to use an atm always look for promos

Get $25 in FREE Bitcoin when you buy $150 or more at any Coin Cloud DCM & use promo code COINCLOUD22

Coinsource is offering a promo code (Kwik50) that offers a one-time 50% fee waiver to all users

to even it out find a source that has fair prices and good deals

metromuscle
01-07-2023, 02:11 AM
I had a bad streak of luck with Coincloud machines in my area; after trying three different machines that were all broke down I gave up and tried a different type one.