PDA

View Full Version : Joint supplements

flyingfox272
03-28-2013, 11:23 PM
I started taking old people joint supplements to see if I can feel a difference. Taking the typical glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSM formulation. My elbows are the main issue but one of my knees has been acting up too. I also jumped on some Deca @ 300 mgs per week mainly for my joints. My right elbow kept me from training upper body for a few weeks and I cannot afford to miss that much time from training.
Just wondering if any of you guys could throw some advice as to how you keep your joints feeling good, just don't tell me to lift lighter, it's almost summer and I need more muscle !

jdb3
03-28-2013, 11:46 PM
stoping at 90 degrees or just above on presses

rocco-x
03-29-2013, 12:24 AM
as far as supps go try super cissus and,if you can obtain them,afflutops.i've yet to try the latter but hear they work wonders.they come in 1ml amps.the cissus works great along with the glucosamine/chondroitin...

alas,it does suck to a point getting older,no...lol?

jdb3
03-29-2013, 01:47 AM
Adequen

beanlicker
03-29-2013, 06:39 AM
stoping at 90 degrees or just above on presses

Agreed bro....90 degree rule is crucial for injury prevention as well as prevention doing further injury to the joints.

beanlicker
03-29-2013, 06:42 AM
Adequen

Adequan worked for me but was a temporay fix. HGH injections into my delts have greatly improved in not repaired my shoulder injuries.

hanuri
03-29-2013, 12:55 PM
I started taking old people joint supplements to see if I can feel a difference. Taking the typical glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSM formulation. My elbows are the main issue but one of my knees has been acting up too. I also jumped on some Deca @ 300 mgs per week mainly for my joints. My right elbow kept me from training upper body for a few weeks and I cannot afford to miss that much time from training.
Just wondering if any of you guys could throw some advice as to how you keep your joints feeling good, just don't tell me to lift lighter, it's almost summer and I need more muscle !

lift lighter ! :D

hanuri
03-29-2013, 01:10 PM
doesnīt nice warm up / keeping the elbows warm help ? obviously not ..... there are guite few movements / handpositions I canīt use either ..or get badly sore . but always I make sure I have warm elbows when training . just in case . age doesnīt help either

slash75cmd
03-29-2013, 02:25 PM

When I used NPP, was great on my knees and I had no bloat. Does deca @ 300 cause any kind of water retention or other sides for you? I'm thinking about going with low dose deca because of my joints and lower back to see if it will offer some relief.

jdb3
03-29-2013, 02:41 PM
When I used NPP, was great on my knees and I had no bloat. Does deca @ 300 cause any kind of water retention or other sides for you? I'm thinking about going with low dose deca because of my joints and lower back to see if it will offer some relief.

It will be temporary relief. 300mg of nandrolone swells some up like a blimp, its user dependant.
i would go with npp as it is faster acting and the retention doesnt seem to be as profound, again user dependant

slinsane
04-16-2013, 04:29 AM
super cissus is the best joint compound for me ever!!!!!!

alterntego
04-17-2013, 11:20 PM
will have to disagree . for me the gh messes up me shlders

Adequan worked for me but was a temporay fix. HGH injections into my delts have greatly improved in not repaired my shoulder injuries.

alterntego
04-17-2013, 11:28 PM
been through all the above mentioned supps and all . Adequan does wonders for the knees . As long as you complete the treatment . Glucose and condroit are to much work . havent actually tried ciscus but I will . anothe for long term use is tumeric power , religiously .
My fave of all time though is hyaluronic acid and the best place that I have found to get it is hacompound.com . its def worth a couple bucks to see if its for you . I absolutely felt the results in 4 days . No I dont have any affiliation with them . just like to see others do better . Pain is a bitch . No I dont mean PAIN from here but he very well may be a bitch . I dont know .

PAiN
04-17-2013, 11:58 PM
been through all the above mentioned supps and all . Adequan does wonders for the knees . As long as you complete the treatment . Glucose and condroit are to much work . havent actually tried ciscus but I will . anothe for long term use is tumeric power , religiously .
My fave of all time though is hyaluronic acid and the best place that I have found to get it is hacompound.com . its def worth a couple bucks to see if its for you . I absolutely felt the results in 4 days . No I dont have any affiliation with them . just like to see others do better . Pain is a bitch . No I dont mean PAIN from here but he very well may be a bitch . I dont know .

LMAO

Thanks for the tips brother.

PAiN
04-17-2013, 11:59 PM
Thankfully Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and MSM gets the job done for me.

grim
04-18-2013, 12:08 AM
bump for cissus..

jurgensplurgen
04-18-2013, 07:40 PM
like to see all the positivity for cissus, have been waiting to hear more real world reviews. glucosamine doesnt help me much at all.

grim
04-19-2013, 03:14 AM
before cissus I could not squat. I had 3 knee surgeries, and my rotator was torn but never fixed which made shoulder day painful.
Cissus made it so I could squat, and my rotator pain much more bearable..

af86
04-19-2013, 05:12 AM
Get some blue emu oil n rub it on sore joints n tendon areas!
Or hot Epsom salt bath might help! Go get a 30min massage .
Ice that shit after work outs.
oh don't be a puss <---jk
Tren ace has my shit hurting right now too.

jurgensplurgen
04-19-2013, 09:51 AM
oh yeah, i forgot all about Grim giving the cissus glowing reviews months ago. ima set a calendar alarm so i remember to pick some up payday and review it.

bigdude
04-19-2013, 09:52 AM
Npp is the way to go if ur bloat prone

jaygeee
05-01-2013, 03:24 PM
good info

TexxGearsRep
05-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Even if you are not noticing a difference in your joints yet continue to take the supplements it will really take some time to ease them and notice them working!

johnnytats
05-01-2013, 11:43 PM
it takes up to six months for some of the sups for joint pain. i am hitting forty soon and i get sore knees i triec glucosamine but only for a few weeks but i heard from others it works

exphys88
05-01-2013, 11:51 PM
If you think they'll work ,they will. It's called placebo effect. ;)

"In 2007, another well-designed study that involved 71 patients with osteoarthritis of the knee who were followed for one year. The study found no significant differences in function and pain between the treatment and placebo groups [5]. Later that year, a meta-analysis concluded: "Large-scale, methodologically sound trials indicate that the symptomatic benefit of chondroitin is minimal or nonexistent. Use of chondroitin in routine clinical practice should therefore be discouraged."

"Two studies reported in 2010 found that patients with chronic pain experienced no benefit from taking 1500 mg/day of glucosamine. One study involved 250 adults with chronic low-back pain and degenerative osteoarthtiris who were followed for one year. Half of the patients took glucosamine and half received a placebo. The glucosamine group did no better than the placebo group [8]. The other study involved 662 GAIT participants with moderate-to-severe knee osteoarthritis who received either glucosamine (500 mg three times daily), chondroitin sulfate (400 mg three times daily), glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate combined (same doses), celecoxib (Celebrex, 200 mg once daily), or a placebo. There were no statistically significant differences among the groups"

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/DSH/glucosamine.html

swinging_away
05-01-2013, 11:56 PM
MSM for quick relief and not such a bite out of the wallet.

I am not convinced with Glucosamine and Chondroitin. This is a product you would have to run at least 18 months to see for yourself.

I talked with a doctor at my gym and he said the articles and studies he has read do not show the results claimed.

grim
05-02-2013, 12:53 AM
works for my dog and i doubt he knows that peanut butter covered pill is for his gimpy leg..

exphys88
05-02-2013, 02:14 AM
works for my dog and i doubt he knows that peanut butter covered pill is for his gimpy leg..

Lol

Thesuperwallaby
05-02-2013, 03:53 AM
I need that but for shoulder and knees....

Smoove
05-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Huge amount of warm ups does it for me. I started doing lots of drop sets, supersets, etc and my joint pain all but disappeared

alterntego
05-07-2013, 02:08 AM
Been trying like hell to go that direction but fuck o'dear there is just nothing like smashing those heavy ass weights . I did 3 months of all those reps and supersets and the what have ya but after just 2 weeks of smashing heavy iron I could see an absolute difference in density and did I feel like an animal again . Its a progress in the works . I do feel the aches and paines from heavy weight . I suppose I will find a balance for a while . AND THEN GO SMASH SOME MORE HEAVY ASS WEIGHTS . HELLS YES . I am in my late fouties and still loving the iron game . Especially in the summer when I get to hit the beach with by beautiful bride and look better than 95%of the you guys . I love this figgin culture we all are in .
End of rambling
peace out
Huge amount of warm ups does it for me. I started doing lots of drop sets, supersets, etc and my joint pain all but disappeared

German89
05-07-2013, 12:09 PM

deca should be helping but.... Try increasing your fish oil intake. Some days I have to take more then others... But, I take glucosamine too 1300mg 2tabs 3x daily...

bionic redneck
05-07-2013, 12:44 PM
i use super cissus.. it helps me alot.. along with joint meds from my doc

1tuffcookie
05-10-2013, 01:56 PM
What about for arthritis? I have it pretty bad in 1 of my knees that I have had 3 ACL surgeries on which make squatting damm near impossible.

TexxGearsRep
05-10-2013, 09:37 PM
deca should be helping but.... Try increasing your fish oil intake. Some days I have to take more then others... But, I take glucosamine too 1300mg 2tabs 3x daily...

Your right the Deca Durabolin should be helping.

Misterb
05-10-2013, 11:18 PM
i like the relief Deca brings, my golfers elbow was agonizing until 5 weeks on, but i'm not sure one can use it even at therapeutic levels like TRT, i'm concern with it making my heart muscle grow, right now im watching to see how long after discontinuation the relief last, i was on 300 a week for 14 weeks, off now for 3 and just using 2000 mg of fish oil a day split dose

I have more deca and if the pain returns i might do 100 a week

slinsane
07-23-2013, 02:51 AM
bump for cissus, and fish oil 10 grams a day

Misterb
07-23-2013, 03:04 AM
streaching exercises to looses tight tendons.

but i want to know about this CISSUS QUADRANGULARIS

Wacker
07-23-2013, 06:47 PM
Misterb

Try Transform Supplements: Joint Repair it contains Cissus/MSM/Glucosamine Sulfate/Chondroitin Sulfate and a few other herbs for joints and you can pick it up for $15.00 takes about two weeks to kick in but I def had less shoulder and knee pain after using it.

Advanced ALLFLEX by ALLMAX seemed to work pretty damn good for hjopint pain relief as well.

Misterb
07-23-2013, 09:19 PM
Misterb

Try Transform Supplements: Joint Repair it contains Cissus/MSM/Glucosamine Sulfate/Chondroitin Sulfate and a few other herbs for joints and you can pick it up for $15.00 takes about two weeks to kick in but I def had less shoulder and knee pain after using it.

Advanced ALLFLEX by ALLMAX seemed to work pretty damn good for hjopint pain relief as well.

thanks that looks like a great mix

xmuscle
07-24-2013, 12:11 PM
Cissus and fish oil about 4-6 a day work great for me

Misterb
07-24-2013, 04:10 PM
Cissus and fish oil about 4-6 a day work great for me

what MG are you using?

studmuffin
04-19-2014, 05:36 PM
I have used glucosamine with fish oil seems to help me

Arkhampatient
05-18-2014, 12:01 AM
Save yourself a lot of $ and just buy some unflavored Knox gelatin and fish oil for your joints. It works just as good as expensive joint supplements.

MaxSteel
06-27-2015, 10:58 AM
distilled organic sulfur which is MSM in the purest form..I swear by by it..

james185
07-03-2015, 01:08 PM
How much gelatin are u using

Kzoo Detector
07-18-2015, 12:08 AM
I've been having pretty bad golfer's elbow pain for the past few months. At first it was just the left elbow, but now it's crept into the right as well. Overhead dumbbell extensions seem to be the worst culprit, which sucks because I've always really liked that movement. Pressdowns don't seem to cause any pain, but they just don't hit the long head of the tricep like the extensions do. The only thing that seems to alleviate discomfort is backing off the weight on certain exercises and cutting out others entirely (namely dips, which just hurt too much anymore).

drednought
07-21-2015, 12:30 PM
MSM, Cissus & cheap fish oil work wonders for me.