PDA

View Full Version : does cashapp still work?

Jimring
03-16-2023, 02:07 PM
I used it a couple times and it was the easiest way to use BC (to me) but I just went to the website and it has changed to cashapp tax returns. Did another company buy their domain name or are they also doing taxes or what? Does it still work like it used to before the tax return stuff they put on their site?

*XXL
03-16-2023, 02:23 PM
I used it a couple times and it was the easiest way to use BC (to me) but I just went to the website and it has changed to cashapp tax returns. Did another company buy their domain name or are they also doing taxes or what? Does it still work like it used to before the tax return stuff they put on their site?

I use app no website.

Popeye*
03-16-2023, 02:32 PM
Still works.

It’s a service by Block Inc. They have a disclosure on the app and website. Worth a read.

I file bitcoin transactions legitimately as investments. Don’t forget to file the paperwork cash app gives you at the end of the year. 1099B

I recommend hiring a cpa. They are worth the money. Even if used temporarily.

NOTE: Cash App does not report your Bitcoin cost-basis, gains, or losses to the IRS or on this Form 1099-B. Cash App reports the total proceeds from Bitcoin sales made on the platform.

Popeye*
03-16-2023, 02:38 PM
Still works.

It’s a service by Block Inc. They have a disclosure on the app and website. Worth a read.

I file bitcoin transactions legitimately as investments. Don’t forget to file the paperwork cash app gives you at the end of the year. 1099B

I recommend hiring a cpa. They are worth the money. Even if used temporarily.

NOTE: Cash App does not report your Bitcoin cost-basis, gains, or losses to the IRS or on this Form 1099-B. Cash App reports the total proceeds from Bitcoin sales made on the platform.

Here is that disclosure Bitcoin Disclosures (https://cash.app/legal/us/en-us/bitcoin-disclosures)

Jimring
03-21-2023, 02:52 AM
That's interesting! I have my taxes done by an accountant every year bit I forgot to file any bitcoin info. I don't know what that form you mentioned is but will educate myself on it.

Jimring
03-21-2023, 04:28 AM
Here is that disclosure Bitcoin Disclosures (https://cash.app/legal/us/en-us/bitcoin-disclosures)

I just read in that disclosure that "We may require a minimum amount to process withdrawals or deposits into or out of your Cash App wallet. Currently, there is a 5,000 satoshi minimum for withdrawals."

and I just put in 145 in that cashapp then tried to send it to a Bop Source and it wouldnt let me. I copied the error to the source and asked him for guidance, I wish i would have saved to to ask here as well. I dont know what is satoshi is but is 145 to little to send to someone? I wil probably have to go through the same process again tomorrow any way as I dodnt think this will be resolved tonight. I will repost the erro message here tomrrow if not, as i dont think this source will respond. I already send him an email yesterday too and he hasnt responded to that one

Karius
03-21-2023, 11:47 AM
Ya Cash App is still fine.
Can be bit complicated doing your own Taxes in regards to Crypto. Coinbase do report and you have to declare what you have spent, if over a certain threshold.
Of course laws are different everywhere about Crypto but they are becoming tighter. Best to seek professional advice.

You can buy Crypto in person, there are websites where you can meet up and exchange...some shady shi*t! :)

K.

----

IronFox
03-21-2023, 02:21 PM
Ya Cash App is still fine.
Can be bit complicated doing your own Taxes in regards to Crypto. Coinbase do report and you have to declare what you have spent, if over a certain threshold.
Of course laws are different everywhere about Crypto but they are becoming tighter. Best to seek professional advice.

You can buy Crypto in person, there are websites where you can meet up and exchange...some shady shi*t! :)

K.

----

Localbitcoins is one such site...basically you deal with a person who may not be legitimate so take care with this one.