PDA

View Full Version : Post Injection oil lump

MasterBlaster805
03-27-2023, 11:31 PM
This one is for the Vets on the board. What's the longest you've has a post injection swelling lump? I took a shot of Test Cyp~10 days ago in my thigh... shot went smooth as butter, didn't feel a thing, 2 days later got a nice lump in my quad size of half a golf ball (maybe slightly smaller)

I've had them before but they usually go away in about a week. I have zero pain and its not red.. just this lump of what feels like oil in my quad. Thinking about just jabbing it with a syringe to see what I can draw out, but wanted to get anyones elses' feedback. Been doing this for a long time and never had one last quite this long

Marine
03-27-2023, 11:55 PM
Post injection lump (https://brotherhoodofpain.com/anabolic-steroid-discussion/79508-injection-lump.html)

NM Pitbull
03-27-2023, 11:59 PM
This one is for the Vets on the board. What's the longest you've has a post injection swelling lump? I took a shot of Test Cyp~10 days ago in my thigh... shot went smooth as butter, didn't feel a thing, 2 days later got a nice lump in my quad size of half a golf ball (maybe slightly smaller)

I've had them before but they usually go away in about a week. I have zero pain and its not red.. just this lump of what feels like oil in my quad. Thinking about just jabbing it with a syringe to see what I can draw out, but wanted to get anyones elses' feedback. Been doing this for a long time and never had one last quite this long

If you’ve been doing this for a few years you may have hit a solid patch of scare tissue and that may take some time to absorb if it does at all

Some people have minor to major allergic reactions to the carrier oil so check that and make sure that’s not the case

Proper injection site prep could be the problem

Injecting too close to tendons could cause this as well

Is it getting any better, worse, or staying the same?

The easiest thing to do for starters is take some Benadryl, ibuprofen, and hit the hot tube and massage the hell out of it. If it gets bigger and/or becomes painful you need to get some antibiotics.

Make sure to you have many injection sites that you are comfortable doing yourself or can get help with.
ALWAYS wipe the topper and injection site with alcohol wipes.

Are you using a draw needle and the swapping out for you injection needle? This make a huge difference when it comes to tissue necrosis.

Just a few things of the top of my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont wanna be old
03-28-2023, 12:21 AM
Please please please get some DMSO cream and put on area generously.
Even when you don’t have a problem it’s beneficial if you ask me.
Just as the Chinese used bloodletting for various benefits you have nothing to lose. (Except the lump)
DWBO

NM Pitbull
03-28-2023, 12:23 AM
Just as the Chinese used bloodletting for various benefits you have nothing to lose. (Except the lump)
DWBO

Hell yeah! One thing though, fully disinfect the area and your hands before using the DMSO. It pulls all thing in

IronFox
03-28-2023, 12:46 AM
I've had my share of lumps after injection and while at times painful they usually go away in a few days.

DWBO
Thanks for that tip, and I shall even get some myself to keep on hand.

papasmurf
03-28-2023, 02:05 AM
Thanks for posting this.

If you do get a lump does that mean that the oil is not dispersing through the body and thus ineffective?

I am on my first ever cycle and running test and deca. I have used prescribed test before but never at this amount and frequency. About 4 weeks in I started getting these lumps and honestly scared the crap out of me. They were very hard and quiet painful. Especially since I inject in the hip and sometimes sleep on my side. They went away after about a week. I took a week off of test and started back this morning and so far no lump.

I have heard about dmsa from a friend for use on a bicep injury and will definitely start using it now.

Again thanks for posting!

papasmurf

Damnwideback90
03-28-2023, 04:43 AM
Thanks for posting this.

If you do get a lump does that mean that the oil is not dispersing through the body and thus ineffective?

I am on my first ever cycle and running test and deca. I have used prescribed test before but never at this amount and frequency. About 4 weeks in I started getting these lumps and honestly scared the crap out of me. They were very hard and quiet painful. Especially since I inject in the hip and sometimes sleep on my side. They went away after about a week. I took a week off of test and started back this morning and so far no lump.

I have heard about dmsa from a friend for use on a bicep injury and will definitely start using it now.

Again thanks for posting!

papasmurf

Rotate injection sites. You are kinda contradicting yourself in that post. You and the gentleman initially making the post are at two separate spectrums. You Sir. You can minimize the chances of this happening to you by following proper inj site sterilization protocol, rotate injct sites, proper technique and actually live the lifestyle to begin with to even have these problems that us the "royal we" as 1 dude might put it go through on a day 2 day basis.

papasmurf
03-28-2023, 04:46 AM
Well there you go. I was hesitant to post but now I know just to keep my mouth shut.

Thanks

Dont wanna be old
03-28-2023, 12:52 PM
I don’t wanna hijack the thread with my beliefs but I can tell you with 100% confidence Blood Glucose levels have a profound effect on injections.
When someone’s A1C is in the high normal range it can still be problematic.
The body’s homeostasis is questioned when we start throwing multiple oily depots at it?

Over the last few decades the medical community changed its recommendations for Blood pressure, Heart rate and Blood Glucose levels.

Injection pain and absorption inherently are collated with hydration.
Summer excess exertion and Winters lack of thirst cause our bodies to react appropriately.
Using PEDs and not increasing water consumption could be a recipe for limiting gains.
This runs parallel with increasing calories while using PEDs but not improving supportive supplements.
Antioxidants and Probiotics can be synergetic.

You can’t add steroids to a unhealthy environment and believe it will be a Segway to betterment.
I believe the commitment to make better decisions start when some people start cycling?
This needs to be a total lifestyle choice and not a limited commitment.
My brothers keeper.
DWBO

MasterBlaster805
03-28-2023, 04:13 PM
funny thing is I haven't taken a shot in almost 2 weeks and My morning hard on's are getting even harder? Wierd right.. Just on trt dosage right now 175 mgs a week.. no shots in almost 2 weeks and harder morning Stiffy'

MasterBlaster805
03-28-2023, 04:15 PM
I don’t wanna hijack the thread with my beliefs but I can tell you with 100% confidence Blood Glucose levels have a profound effect on injections.
When someone’s A1C is in the high normal range it can still be problematic.
The body’s homeostasis is questioned when we start throwing multiple oily depots at it?

Over the last few decades the medical community changed its recommendations for Blood pressure, Heart rate and Blood Glucose levels.

Injection pain and absorption inherently are collated with hydration.
Summer excess exertion and Winters lack of thirst cause our bodies to react appropriately.
Using PEDs and not increasing water consumption could be a recipe for limiting gains.
This runs parallel with increasing calories while using PEDs but not improving supportive supplements.
Antioxidants and Probiotics can be synergetic.

You can’t add steroids to a unhealthy environment and believe it will be a Segway to betterment.
I believe the commitment to make better decisions start when some people start cycling?
This needs to be a total lifestyle choice and not a limited commitment.
My brothers keeper.
DWBO

I take Glucaphage (Metformin) for anti-aging purposes and blood sugar levels are normal..

MasterBlaster805
03-28-2023, 04:19 PM
Rotate injection sites. You are kinda contradicting yourself in that post. You and the gentleman initially making the post are at two separate spectrums. You Sir. You can minimize the chances of this happening to you by following proper inj site sterilization protocol, rotate injct sites, proper technique and actually live the lifestyle to begin with to even have these problems that us the "royal we" as 1 dude might put it go through on a day 2 day basis.

like I said in the original post.. been doing this a long time (decades) and I'm well aware of the protocols. Had many lumps over the years which slowly go away.. this one just larger and lasting longer at almost 2 weeks now. Scar tissue (I use insulin pins though) sounds like a reasonable explanation from NM Pitbull... will keep update in a few more days

Loomer1
03-28-2023, 04:35 PM

I've had long lasting lumps in my right quad as well. Its definitely from pinning in scar tissue for me. When it happens it'll usually last a few weeks. One way to tell is it's a little harder to push the plunger when pinning. That's a sure sign I'm in scar tissue.
And it's funny but the worst ones are always the pins I dont feel anything, even on the initial poke through the skin.
But I wouldnt Jab and try to pull anything out. Most likely you wouldnt get anything anyways. The oil has probably dispersed and now it's just hormone Crystal's trying to break down in the tissue.

Exo-Gen
03-29-2023, 03:18 AM
have to inject in the butthole. it's what the pros do !!
:eu-Fun8187:

this is a good post thread as an example of someone asking a question and everyone helping out as a brotherhood should be !!
keeps the forum active and positive learning !!