PDA

View Full Version : Pickles

bigboithetank
04-04-2013, 04:19 AM
Are Kosher Dill Pickles okay to eat when on a strict diet??

mizzou24
04-04-2013, 04:32 AM
I eat them.. Low cal just lots of sodium but I hear sodium isn't a big deal anyways unless your modifying right before contest days

mizzou24
04-04-2013, 04:33 AM
I also eat brown rice chick broccoli with soy sauce... Love that meal

bigboithetank
04-04-2013, 05:33 AM
Damn! That sounds good.

jurgensplurgen
04-04-2013, 05:38 AM
I love my pickles. But i dont worry too much about sodium, if im sweating enough andhydrated enough i dont have any problems. Plus its fun to go low sodium for a week and watch that skin get nice and tight. However i make my own pickles a lot, its ridiculously cheap and easy, as well asvte fact that you can get away with using a lot less salt than factory ones. Using more vinegar can lessen the need for as much salt in the brine

49ER
04-04-2013, 01:34 PM
I eat chopped pickles with my tuna

exphys88
04-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Pickles save me from blowing a diet. They're low in cals and satisfy me if I'm starving.

FastTrack
04-04-2013, 03:00 PM
I also eat brown rice chick broccoli with soy sauce... Love that meal

Great meal! I personally can't eat Soy Sauce it jacks my BP through the roof!!!

bigboithetank
04-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Pickles save me from blowing a diet. They're low in cals and satisfy me if I'm starving.

Yeah, I can relate. I ate a jar of pickles later a few hours after I ate nothing but cottage cheese and some hard boiled eggs for a post-workout meal.

bigboithetank
04-04-2013, 03:47 PM

Are you diabetic?

bigboithetank
04-04-2013, 03:48 PM
I eat chopped pickles with my tuna

That's what I had last night, minus the tuna.

bigboithetank
04-04-2013, 03:49 PM
I love my pickles. But i dont worry too much about sodium, if im sweating enough andhydrated enough i dont have any problems. Plus its fun to go low sodium for a week and watch that skin get nice and tight. However i make my own pickles a lot, its ridiculously cheap and easy, as well asvte fact that you can get away with using a lot less salt than factory ones. Using more vinegar can lessen the need for as much salt in the brine

Yeah, I usually sweat up a shit storm during my training.

PAiN
04-04-2013, 11:47 PM

I'd like to see some of your recipes for pickles.

Man I love pickles.... I eat them ed...

mizzou24
04-04-2013, 11:54 PM

Damn never heard of that.. Mos def sucks