PDA

View Full Version : sterilizing gear as a precaution

Dago
04-21-2013, 05:32 PM
Not saying anyone is making or selling gear that is not sterile want to be clear on that. I am saying as a precaution is there a way to take some action on your own to make sure any oils you inject are sterile? Heating it up maybe ?

exphys88
04-21-2013, 05:42 PM
You have to filter it yourself.

chrisotpherm
04-21-2013, 05:45 PM
You have to filter it yourself.

Perfectly said.

4everstrong
04-21-2013, 06:19 PM
Yep just filter it with a syringe filter and your g2g.

Greenegorilla2
04-21-2013, 06:29 PM
Yep just filter it with a syringe filter and your g2g.
That gets out bacteria as well?

4everstrong
04-21-2013, 06:32 PM
Yes it will be sterile. I use a .22 whatman filter.

mizzou24
04-21-2013, 06:52 PM
I've had no problems with gear being unsterile..

Gopro
04-21-2013, 06:56 PM
I have never had dirty gear, but you can heat it up to steriles it, or you can use a syringe filter as wells, or both.

4everstrong
04-21-2013, 07:01 PM
I have never had dirty gear, but you can heat it up to steriles it, or you can use a syringe filter as wells, or both.

Heating it up doesnt really sterilize it. Heating it up is really only good for crashed gear imo.

4everstrong
04-21-2013, 07:03 PM
I've had no problems with gear being unsterile..

I have never had any problems either. But one time. I found a piece of something that looked like plastic floating around in a vail of T300 and i talked to my source about it and they sent me 2 free vials to replace that one. So i just filtered the one that had plastic or whatever it was in it.

mizzou24
04-21-2013, 07:05 PM
I have never had any problems either. But one time. I found a piece of something that looked like plastic floating around in a vail of T300 and i talked to my source about it and they sent me 2 free vials to replace that one. So i just filtered the one that had plastic or whatever it was in it.

I've had a vial where the stopper kinda chipped into the vial

4everstrong
04-21-2013, 07:08 PM
I haven't had that happen to me yet. Did you just toss it or filter it?

mizzou24
04-21-2013, 07:09 PM
Tossed it honestly didn't know enough about filtering.. I would have filtered it today just at that time I was very new and paranoid about things lol

krustus
04-21-2013, 07:14 PM
i've had one that when heated it looked like the rubbers stopper was dissolving into the oil....yikes.. trashed it

4everstrong
04-21-2013, 07:18 PM
Tossed it honestly didn't know enough about filtering.. I would have filtered it today just at that time I was very new and paranoid about things lol

I remember those days haha.

4everstrong
04-21-2013, 07:19 PM
i've had one that when heated it looked like the rubbers stopper was dissolving into the oil....yikes.. trashed it

Did you vent it while you was heating the vial?

Dago
04-22-2013, 04:46 AM
To what temp should it be heated?

exphys88
04-22-2013, 04:58 AM

Heating it will not sterilize it bro. If you're worried, get yourself some syringe filters, they're easy to find and filter it. that is the only way to sterilize it.

4everstrong
04-22-2013, 05:07 AM

is your gear crashed or are you trying to sterilize it? Heat works great for when gear is crashed but not to sterilize.. Get a syringe filter to make it sterile if thats your goal.

Dago
04-22-2013, 05:38 AM
is your gear crashed or are you trying to sterilize it? Heat works great for when gear is crashed but not to sterilize.. Get a syringe filter to make it sterile if thats your goal.

Nothing wrong with any gear I have at all brother im running sarcs test prop and tren ace and doing great with it. I posted this after a conversation with a good friend got me curious about heating up and filtering gear for sterilization. I know next to nothing about making gear just wondering if it was that simple of a process to just heat it up.

exphys88
04-22-2013, 05:48 AM
Nothing wrong with any gear I have at all brother im running sarcs test prop and tren ace and doing great with it. I posted this after a conversation with a good friend got me curious about heating up and filtering gear for sterilization. I know next to nothing about making gear just wondering if it was that simple of a process to just heat it up.

The temp that you would have to get the gear up to to kill all bacteria would ruin the hormone. A 22um filter has pores so small that even the smallest bacteria can't get thru. This is the only way to sterilize.

4everstrong
04-22-2013, 06:04 AM
The temp that you would have to get the gear up to to kill all bacteria would ruin the hormone. A 22um filter has pores so small that even the smallest bacteria can't get thru. This is the only way to sterilize.

Beat me to it brother! haha

tron
04-23-2013, 02:32 AM
dry heat is only good for sterilizing glassware. to sterilize gear you have to use and auto clave, or a pressure cooker. 15psi (bout 250 degrees) for about 30 minutes should do the trick. filtering it prior would be a good idea as well.

to use a pressure cooker you need to fill the bottom of the pressure cooker up with water and get a rack or something to set the vials on so the bottle is out of the water. and set it on high typically. you have to have a pressure cooker with multiple settings. low med and high, usually 5, 10 and 15 respectively.

exphys88
04-23-2013, 02:43 AM
dry heat is only good for sterilizing glassware. to sterilize gear you have to use and auto clave, or a pressure cooker. 15psi (bout 250 degrees) for about 30 minutes should do the trick. filtering it prior would be a good idea as well.

to use a pressure cooker you need to fill the bottom of the pressure cooker up with water and get a rack or something to set the vials on so the bottle is out of the water. and set it on high typically. you have to have a pressure cooker with multiple settings. low med and high, usually 5, 10 and 15 respectively.

If you filter it, there is no need to heat it. Autoclaves get up to a temp that will ruin the hormone as well.

af86
04-23-2013, 02:53 AM
Do you lose any hormone in the filtering process?

exphys88
04-23-2013, 02:55 AM
Do you lose any hormone in the filtering process?

No loss of hormone, as it passes thru the filter, but you will lose a bit of oil because some will remain in the syringe and filter.

tron
04-23-2013, 03:43 AM
**anabolic steroids are such small and compact hormones with unique polarity, electronegativity, fat solubility, and other chemical properties that they require extreme heat to destroy them. For example, Testosterone (http://www.steroidal.com/testosterone/) 's melting point is 155 °C (311 °F). You'd have to put it in heat as hot or hotter than that to begin damaging/degrading steroid (http://www.steroidal.com/oral-steroids/) hormones.

As far as I know, 0.22 UM micron filters will remove bacteria like E.Coli and Salmonella (and most other bacteria types), but no commercially available filters will be able to remove viruses (in fact I don't think there exist any filters small enough to block viruses). EPA and CDC recommend an absolute one micron filter (or one labeled for cyst removal) to remove Cryptosporidium. According to an EPA publication, here are some common water contamination problems and their size in microns: Giardia Lamblia – 8 to 12 microns; Cryptosporidium Parvum – 4 to 6 microns, Bacteria like E. coli and salmonella – 0.2 to 4 microns; Viruses – 0.004 to 0.1 microns.**

Unless you guys do, I know I don't, work in a clean room, I'm going to go ahead and autoclave (pressure cook) my gear at 250F to ensure sterility.

**i got this info from someone with a scientific/medical background that is a friend of mine, your more then welcome to cross reference his work.

HARD AT IT
04-23-2013, 03:48 AM
Damn Bro... Glad you made it over!!

exphys88
04-23-2013, 03:49 AM
**anabolic steroids are such small and compact hormones with unique polarity, electronegativity, fat solubility, and other chemical properties that they require extreme heat to destroy them. For example, Testosterone (http://www.steroidal.com/testosterone/) 's melting point is 155 °C (311 °F). You'd have to put it in heat as hot or hotter than that to begin damaging/degrading steroid (http://www.steroidal.com/oral-steroids/) hormones.

As far as I know, 0.22 UM micron filters will remove bacteria like E.Coli and Salmonella (and most other bacteria types), but no commercially available filters will be able to remove viruses (in fact I don't think there exist any filters small enough to block viruses). EPA and CDC recommend an absolute one micron filter (or one labeled for cyst removal) to remove Cryptosporidium. According to an EPA publication, here are some common water contamination problems and their size in microns: Giardia Lamblia – 8 to 12 microns; Cryptosporidium Parvum – 4 to 6 microns, Bacteria like E. coli and salmonella – 0.2 to 4 microns; Viruses – 0.004 to 0.1 microns.**

Unless you guys do, I know I don't, work in a clean room, I'm going to go ahead and autoclave (pressure cook) my gear at 250F to ensure sterility.

**i got this info from someone with a scientific/medical background that is a friend of mine, your more then welcome to cross reference his work.

That's great that you do, but its over kill for the most part. Compounding pharmacies don't even do that as far as I know.

tron
04-23-2013, 04:00 AM
That's great that you do, but its over kill for the most part. Compounding pharmacies don't even do that as far as I know.

they probably have a more sterile enviroment then our kitchen table lol
speaking for the "home brewers", id like to think, and am sure, the sponsers have a bit more sterile enviroment as well. but if someone wants to "overkill" and sterilize their gear it has to be done in a pressure cooker/autoclave. it wont ruin the hormone by doing so. and you cant use an oven because the radiant heat doesnt heat the gear evenly. the steam on all parts of the vial at 250 degrees is what sterilizes. thats why it needs to be out of the water.

exphys88
04-23-2013, 04:10 AM
they probably have a more sterile enviroment then our kitchen table lol
speaking for the "home brewers", id like to think, and am sure, the sponsers have a bit more sterile enviroment as well. but if someone wants to "overkill" and sterilize their gear it has to be done in a pressure cooker/autoclave. it wont ruin the hormone by doing so. and you cant use an oven because the radiant heat doesnt heat the gear evenly. the steam on all parts of the vial at 250 degrees is what sterilizes. thats why it needs to be out of the water.

I agree w you, but a syringe filter is just fine. Dry heat takes a lot longer then pressurized heat as well.

Do all hormones have a melting point above autoclave temps?

tron
04-23-2013, 04:29 AM
I agree w you, but a syringe filter is just fine. Dry heat takes a lot longer then pressurized heat as well.

Do all hormones have a melting point above autoclave temps?

i agree, in most cases a syringe filter will do fine. ive ran gear that i just filtered before as well with now issues. i just like that piece of mind. i was just simply relaying that you can use an "autoclave". i had a chart with all the melting and boiling points of all the hormones, but i cant find it. but i will say that i have brewed and autoclaved, test base, a, c, e, p, npp, tren, and mast. all, with the exception of testosterone, ran on trt dose test and worked just fine. i know there are some that are a little lower, but running them at 30 minutes, in the grand scheme of things is nothing. i just like to autoclave because i use a caulking gun to filter for christ sake! lol i really need to purchase a vaccuum pump! haha

exphys88
04-23-2013, 04:35 AM
i agree, in most cases a syringe filter will do fine. ive ran gear that i just filtered before as well with now issues. i just like that piece of mind. i was just simply relaying that you can use an "autoclave". i had a chart with all the melting and boiling points of all the hormones, but i cant find it. but i will say that i have brewed and autoclaved, test base, a, c, e, p, npp, tren, and mast. all, with the exception of testosterone, ran on trt dose test and worked just fine. i know there are some that are a little lower, but running them at 30 minutes, in the grand scheme of things is nothing. i just like to autoclave because i use a caulking gun to filter for christ sake! lol i really need to purchase a vaccuum pump! haha

Well, I learned something today, thanks. I actually thought melting points were lower.

tron
04-23-2013, 04:41 AM
there is actually a debate on if the melting point is actually the point of degredation as well. i mean when we are brewing it, we are changing its chemcial state of matter from a solid to a liquid. whenever you reach the boiling point it changes from a liquid to a gas. now at what point is the hormones potency effected? some could argue that turning it from a solid to a liquid could damage it. now im by no means a scientist, but i can attest to the fact that if you autoclave your gear, it will still be good. ive done it and get results with it. and experience says more to me then a study because i can make a double blind controlled study show whatever the hell i want! lol

4everstrong
04-23-2013, 04:42 AM
Syringe filters is all you need. My buddy Homebrews in his kitchen and all he uses is a .22 syringe filter. His gear is sterile. Ive used it plenty of times. Heating it is over kill. Im not taking the chance of Hurting the hormone when i know my gear is sterile when filtered through a .22. Never had any problems. But you seem like you have some great Knowledge bro. Glad to have you here.

tron
04-23-2013, 04:44 AM
Well, I learned something today, thanks. I actually thought melting points were lower.
but yes, some melting points are lower, i think the "melting point" for test e is like 98F or something like that but it wont disolve into the oil at that. i think mine starts disolving at around 120F (measured with a digital laser temp gun)

yeah yeah, i have a digital laser temp gun and no vaccuum pump haha

tron
04-23-2013, 04:50 AM
Syringe filters is all you need. My buddy Homebrews in his kitchen and all he uses is a .22 syringe filter. His gear is sterile. Ive used it plenty of times. Heating it is over kill. Im not taking the chance of Hurting the hormone when i know my gear is sterile when filtered through a .22. Never had any problems. But you seem like you have some great Knowledge bro. Glad to have you here.

9 time out of 10, yes it is. but as cheap as hormone powder is, id rather risk looking a little potency if any over getting an abcess from gear you thought was sterile.

ever had an abcess that had to be lanced? get one and you might change your tune! lol the fvkin suuuuuck!

thanks bud, like i said, most of it is from experience and im no scientist, but anything i have picked up ill gladly share. thanks for the welcome

4everstrong
04-23-2013, 04:51 AM
32-36 celcius is the melting point of test E so yeah your pretty much right brother!

4everstrong
04-23-2013, 04:53 AM
9 time out of 10, yes it is. but as cheap as hormone powder is, id rather risk looking a little potency if any over getting an abcess from gear you thought was sterile.

ever had an abcess that had to be lanced? get one and you might change your tune! lol the fvkin suuuuuck!

thanks bud, like i said, most of it is from experience and im no scientist, but anything i have picked up ill gladly share. thanks for the welcome

Do you homebrew your own gear?
I have never had an abcess and hope i never get one! that would fucking suck! and hurt like a bitch to get it lanced! i couldnt Imagine!
Your welcome brother!

tron
04-23-2013, 04:54 AM
32-36 celcius is the melting point of test E so yeah your pretty much right brother!

yeah and the 120 may be off, but i know it most definately over 100F, i just remember it being a good deal under prop. my 50ml test e lasts me at least a year. however i go through prop like underware!!

tron
04-23-2013, 04:54 AM
how do you get rep power? :confused:

tron
04-23-2013, 04:56 AM
Do you homebrew your own gear?
I have never had an abcess and hope i never get one! that would fucking suck! and hurt like a bitch to get it lanced! i couldnt Imagine!
Your welcome brother!

every last drop, cap my own orals, ai and pct (very rare :rolleyes:)

4everstrong
04-23-2013, 04:58 AM
Lol here in about 4 days im going to brew me some Deca, NPP, Test E, and Test Prop. Just wanting on My vials and Oils to get here.

4everstrong
04-23-2013, 04:59 AM
how do you get rep power? :confused:

Look at the symbols under Rep powder. The black Circle with spikes on it. People have to click on that to give you rep power.

tron
04-23-2013, 05:00 AM
Lol here in about 4 days im going to brew me some Deca, NPP, Test E, and Test Prop. Just wanting on My vials and Oils to get here.

its the only way to go in my eyes

4everstrong
04-23-2013, 05:01 AM
every last drop, cap my own orals, ai and pct (very rare :rolleyes:)

Here soon im going to be capping my own orals when i get some sdrol. I have never tried to do Pct and Ai. But would love to lean how! :)

tron
04-23-2013, 05:01 AM
ah i see

4everstrong
04-23-2013, 05:02 AM
its the only way to go in my eyes

Hell yeah it is. Saves Tons of money also! and You will know that its dosed right. But There are a lot of great sponsors on here that are True to their customers.

tron
04-23-2013, 05:03 AM
Here soon im going to be capping my own orals when i get some sdrol. I have never tried to do Pct and Ai. But would love to lean how! :)

i like to run my adex in a solution. nolva and clomid can b capped, but trying to cap .25mg is damn near impossible. a litte adex powder and everclear go a long way!

tron
04-23-2013, 05:03 AM
Hell yeah it is. Saves Tons of money also! and You will know that its dosed right. But There are a lot of great sponsors on here that are True to their customers.

yeah i know one of them.

4everstrong
04-23-2013, 05:11 AM
i like to run my adex in a solution. nolva and clomid can b capped, but trying to cap .25mg is damn near impossible. a litte adex powder and everclear go a long way!

Im going to have to get some clomid and Nolva and get a capping machine!

What do you usually use as a filler?

Wish my source sold adex. He only has aromasin(exemestane)

4everstrong
04-23-2013, 05:11 AM
yeah i know one of them.

Yeah me too.

tron
04-23-2013, 05:16 AM
Im going to have to get some clomid and Nolva and get a capping machine!

What do you usually use as a filler?

Wish my source sold adex. He only has aromasin(exemestane)

adex works faster but aromasin is much more efficient. if you run high doses id recommend you go with stane.

i usually use creatine or protein powder. now you can get all sorts of technical and there are things out there that you can get that will increase bioavailability....but idk if the price vs. efficency is worth it, know what i mean?

4everstrong
04-23-2013, 05:22 AM
Yeah i know what you mean. I would go with adex bc it would be cheaper but cant get any. So ill have to go with aromasin.