PDA

View Full Version : Fighting Age with Muscle...use it or lose it

toppjimie
05-06-2013, 07:00 PM
We're all getting older in years,but you dont have to let your body's waste away.The body's efficiency tends to decline as we age,but if you push yourself hard enough in the gym,You Can LITERALLY STOP the process of aging.When the muscles are no longer used,they will slowly waste away!

A study was done with a group of men 50-65 years old.the men were put on a 16 week progressive resistance exercise program.
The program consisted of 14 exercise's,working all major muscle groups,One set of each exercise for 15 reps.3 days a week for 16 weeks.At the End of the program,Muscle strength INCREASED BY 40%! Not only did Stength go up But ALSO ADDED 5Lb's of weight by muscle mass.

Consider the fact that muscle mass Naturally starts to decline at around age 30,but by the age of 60 muscle mass has decreased by 20-30% mainly from the result of nonuse. But also your muscle fibers begin to shrink by as much as 24%! That sounds discouraging
but You can Prevent all this from Happening .

The one Solution is no further than the Gym! Hitting the Weight's with a serious attitude will not only help you with what you were born with,but Can give you MORE! Bodybuilding does seem to be able to turn back the clock! The intensity of lifting progressively heavy weights promotes type II muscle fibers which in turn Gives you Strength,better coordination,and fat loss.

So "dont go silently into the night".Instead come out fucken kicking and sreaming and to fight another Day!!!

metromuscle
05-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Excellent post. I see so many guys up in age doing competition powerlifting--God bless em--and some of them are in their 70s no less, and looking damn good!

jdb3
05-06-2013, 08:43 PM
replace lost hormones as well! :)

Greenegorilla2
05-06-2013, 09:57 PM
Use it or lose it. Happens at any age if your over your natural weight.

slash75cmd
05-07-2013, 01:12 AM
Good read!

JM750
05-07-2013, 01:15 AM
Good stuff. I'm one of those old fucks. haha

alterntego
05-07-2013, 01:54 AM
these oils we older fellas use is kind of like glue for the body . It just kind of holds everything together > some of us more than others have lived a very hard physical life . Be it through sports fighting or injuries and there is quite simply nothing out there that helps to keep us going on a daily basis . Thank god for the holey oils and gh .

slinsane
05-12-2013, 04:30 AM
great post

ironmako
05-15-2013, 01:55 AM
This is very true. What sucks is how fast it accelerates with each couple of years.

Shortwhitesprinter
06-02-2013, 09:16 PM
True...me too 40+ and old...lol

hanuri
06-09-2013, 10:07 PM
This is very true. What sucks is how fast it accelerates with each couple of years.

haven´t noticed meself ...lol . cheers

hanuri
06-09-2013, 10:11 PM
someone once said like muscles are additional hearts for our body .......and thick legs were good for blood circulation ;) lets not stop jst because the mileage might show from our faces . still love every day at the gym . I´m at home there , safe . rest of the world can do whatever while I´m having some quality metime once a day ...

superman
07-29-2013, 04:00 PM
So true. I am 41 and in best shape of my life. Did not start gym until 38. Love it

Chaos33
07-30-2013, 03:27 PM
same here bros, ill be 41 in two days, and thx to lifting im in better shape then when i was 25, of course being chemicaly enhanced helps...lol

Wacker
07-30-2013, 04:03 PM
My Dad used to tell me about old man strength...now I know what he meant. My lifts are getting better with each workout (extra test helps lol), but I feel and look better now than I did when I was 22 working out 7 days a week.

AryanSteel
08-01-2013, 10:09 AM
Age is all in ur mind

SFDan
08-07-2013, 10:46 PM
56 here and better than ever. The TRT doesn't hurt. lol

studmuffin
04-23-2014, 12:55 AM
great info it helped me thanks

Arkhampatient
05-04-2014, 05:35 AM
So true. I'm 38 and been either weight training or martial arts training since I was 20. When I see friends from back in the day, they all look at least a decade or more olde than me. Pushing the body is the fountain of youth

TheTrain
05-04-2014, 09:45 AM
Im glad people posted on this article, I really enjoyed the read. Im only on 30 but I think this applies to everyone!

studmuffin
05-06-2014, 12:21 AM
Just turned 50 and 1 year ago I didnt think that I could get back in shape.Well I proved myself wrong I am going to set my goals higher than I imagined.

urajokemc
05-09-2014, 07:38 PM
Good job man. I'm 42, and its just becoming harder and harder to get to the gym m due to injuries (not lifting related ). Most of the time I just work around what's hurting....ive maintained bf below 10% for some time now. I'm really concidering HGH ali Nguyen with a low dose of test, and Ox. Hopefully that should keep me going.Dam, I really hope I will be still going at it at 50.Congrats

craigsmith
11-18-2014, 10:25 PM
KEEP FIGHTING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hockeytownpump
05-18-2015, 05:37 PM
great post, this was something i needed to read to keep me working towards my goal's. thanks!

Chump16
09-14-2018, 08:36 PM
We're all getting older in years,but you dont have to let your body's waste away.The body's efficiency tends to decline as we age,but if you push yourself hard enough in the gym,You Can LITERALLY STOP the process of aging.When the muscles are no longer used,they will slowly waste away!

A study was done with a group of men 50-65 years old.the men were put on a 16 week progressive resistance exercise program.
The program consisted of 14 exercise's,working all major muscle groups,One set of each exercise for 15 reps.3 days a week for 16 weeks.At the End of the program,Muscle strength INCREASED BY 40%! Not only did Stength go up But ALSO ADDED 5Lb's of weight by muscle mass.

Consider the fact that muscle mass Naturally starts to decline at around age 30,but by the age of 60 muscle mass has decreased by 20-30% mainly from the result of nonuse. But also your muscle fibers begin to shrink by as much as 24%! That sounds discouraging
but You can Prevent all this from Happening .

The one Solution is no further than the Gym! Hitting the Weight's with a serious attitude will not only help you with what you were born with,but Can give you MORE! Bodybuilding does seem to be able to turn back the clock! The intensity of lifting progressively heavy weights promotes type II muscle fibers which in turn Gives you Strength,better coordination,and fat loss.

So "dont go silently into the night".Instead come out fucken kicking and sreaming and to fight another Day!!!

Great original post! I was scrolling thru the various posts and this one caught my attention! I turn 55 on Sunday and I am ten months into a lifestyle change thats included strength training, improved diet, alcohol abstinence, 12 step program ...... and the changes are life saving!! Oh and I also had open heart surgery in 2014 to replace valves and fix aneurysm.

I plan on continuing to lift, get stronger and build muscle and I plan on continuing to come out fuckin kicking and screaming and to fight for another day!!!!!

Thanks!

jersey devil
09-14-2018, 08:53 PM
52 and in the gym 7 days a week!!!

Arose
12-09-2018, 09:48 AM
I agree with you, my cousin started feeling frail and with reduced energy after hitting 45. He confessed to me that he did not have the sex drive he had enjoyed in his youthful age. He consulted a therapist who advised him to hit the gym. For the past six months, he has spent some at least 10 hours a week in the gym. Things are getting better. He confessed to me that his wife is much happier and he has once again felt that his body is getting stronger and more energized.