PDA

View Full Version : Constable Geoff Purdie Sentenced

German89
05-13-2013, 03:48 PM
So.... This officer decided it'd be wise to put his career on the line for the retards at a local supplement store...
Good for him.. I don't give a fuck, to be honest..

I find it even more funny that I had this officer as a teacher when I was in college for this shit... He's going off about integrity and it's like, look at how you fucked up...
Well, at least he's taking one for the team... I question the inmates and how well he'll be treated... Even though he's serving time in the US and not in Canada..

On Monday April 22nd, 2013, in Buffalo New York , Niagara Regional Police Constable Geoff Purdie was sentenced to one year plus one day in jail and two years-probation by U.S. District Judge Richard J.Arcara. Constable Purdie’s sentencing is a result of his arrest in April 2012 for exporting anabolic steroids from Buffalo into Canada. Chief of Police Jeff McGuire was in attendance in Court this afternoon as the sentencing hearing proceeded. After the hearing Chief McGuire stated “The involvement of any of my officers in a criminal act, or any other act that violates their oath of office, causes serious damage to the reputation of the Service and erodes public trust. It is my responsibility, one which I take very seriously, to ensure that these matters are investigated professionally and brought to justice. That has occurred in this case and we will now continue to work to restore the trust that has been damaged. I must also point out that there are over 700 sworn police officers on the Niagara Regional Police Service and the absolute majority of those officers work to serve the Region of Niagara in accordance with their oath every single day." Effective immediately, Constable Geoff Purdie will be suspended from the Niagara Regional Police Service without pay, and his future employment status will be addressed pursuant to the discipline process according to the Police Services Act.