PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Profiling Hits Belgium

beanlicker
05-14-2013, 11:25 PM
Written by Rick Collins (http://steroidlaw.com/author/stladmin/)

“Muscle profiling” is the practice of identifying suspected anabolic steroid users based simply on their appearance, then arresting them on that basis and forcing them to submit to urine tests. If they test positive for banned performance enhancing drugs, they’re charged with doping as a crime. It seems quite subjective and non-scientific, and to American sensibilities it may seem like a virulent and discriminatory invasion of privacy or even a violation of the Fourth Amendment. But the practice appears to have spread beyond Sweden, where a professional bodybuilder from the U.S. was taken into custody at an autograph signing based upon his appearance, to other European countries, as well.

A recent report comes out of Belgium. Boris, a young dietician in his late 20’s working in the medical insurance field decided to enter his first bodybuilding contest. He placed a respectable 5th out of 9, but as the show drew to a close he was selected by the officials as one of 10 out of 70 competitors to submit to urine testing. He was told to urinate in a cup and fill out paperwork. A month later, he was advised in a letter from the Department of “Culture, Youth, Sports and Media” that he tested positive for steroids and two ancillary drugs, and that his testosterone ratio was elevated.

In Belgium, steroid doping crimes are pursued both by government anti-doping authorities and by the police. The anti-doping authorities typically tip off the police, who launch their own separate investigation. Shortly after receiving the letter regarding his urine results, Boris received a call from his father. Three policemen had shown up at the door of their home with a warrant and had begun searching his room. The warrant alleged there was cause to search for steroids, other drugs and “narcotics” – all based only on the urine test results. They even seized his computer and external hard drive.

Boris told me, “I have in my whole life never hurt a living soul, always been helpful towards others, often stupid enough to help others when I should have been more selfish for my own good. I’m a hard working man and all my colleagues and bosses are very happy with my work and would fight not to lose me from their team. … Yet that day, when I had to pee in that cup, all of that changed, and I was all of a sudden a criminal, a very, very bad man in need of some serious punishing….”

Boris was commanded to appear at an investigational hearing before the anti-doping disciplinary commission. For two and a half hours, he was questioned on every aspect of his life, his training, his diet, and all aspects of his use of sports-related drugs. He was also fingerprinted and his mug shots were taken.

The following month, he received a letter in the mail. While the criminal investigation was not resolved, the decision of the anti-doping disciplinary commission was a heavy fine of 3,350 euros and … a four-year ban on setting foot in a gym. Yes, not just a ban on bodybuilding competition, but a prohibition against working out at all in any gym! Sounds crazy? Of course it does, given that exercise is universally regarded as a healthful human activity with tremendous physical and psychological benefits. The punishment is idiotic. But there’s one more part of the equation that’s even crazier: the doping authorities claim jurisdiction over each and every gym member in the country, not just the ones that compete! That means that they have the right to raid any gym, accompanied by police agents, and force anyone they choose to pee in a cup. Anyone who fails is treated as a cheating athlete, may be charged by both doping officials and the police, and is forbidden from entering a gym. And the raids have already begun, with the police searching locker rooms, gym bags and vehicles of the members![1] (http://www.brotherhoodofpain.com/#_edn1)

Nobody is condoning the use of performance enhancing drugs in drug-tested sports, regardless of whether some or even all of the other competitors are also using. Rule violations should be met with fair and appropriate sanctions. That makes sense. But what’s going on in Belgium sounds like a dangerous and excessive precedent with a potential for greater and greater abuse. Gyms are already being raided. What’s to stop authorities from stopping anybody who is simply walking on a public street, if that person has more beef packed on than is deemed to be natural? Where will it end?

beanlicker
05-14-2013, 11:28 PM
"Gyms are already being raided"........This is fucked up!

Greenegorilla2
05-14-2013, 11:32 PM
Damn bro. Why crack down on meat heads? Makes no sense!

PAiN
05-15-2013, 08:29 AM
That's fucking insane bro's!

rippedgolfer
05-15-2013, 10:58 AM
Insane!

TheTrain
05-15-2013, 12:25 PM
Wow, it annoys me when people complain about living in the states. We have freedoms that aren't given to some in other countries

jdb3
05-15-2013, 01:25 PM
Please tell me this is not a real article....wtf

Baited
05-15-2013, 01:38 PM
Wtf how does this even make sense to them. Anti-doping agency doing investigations on non competing people... sounds like they bought off people for this. The punishment is a fine... Of course it would be about money.

HFO3
05-15-2013, 01:43 PM
wow. The entire PLANET is becoming a fucken Police State. We may already be there too... In January 2014 Obamacare will empower the IRS with everyones health care info which includes labwork if they choose to read it.

darklord
05-15-2013, 02:04 PM
Not gonna happen

Thesuperwallaby
05-15-2013, 02:09 PM
Not gonna happen

The current administration has been trying to strip away the constitution since they took office..... Just remember once e second amendment is changed or removed it sets precedence to remove the rest of them...... You guys should check out the libertarian party....

HFO3
05-15-2013, 02:12 PM
Not gonna happen

Do you know something that will stop it?

Thesuperwallaby
05-15-2013, 03:09 PM
Do you know something that will stop it?

Blood of patriots and of tyrants

keith1569
05-15-2013, 03:54 PM
wow. The entire PLANET is becoming a fucken Police State. We may already be there too... In January 2014 Obamacare will empower the IRS with everyones health care info which includes labwork if they choose to read it.

Would that make it so going to labcorp pointless cause they can pull that too?

HFO3
05-15-2013, 06:12 PM
Would that make it so going to labcorp pointless cause they can pull that too?

Yes, there would be no exclusions to what they have access to. Labcorp in my state links directly to my doctor via the web. One of the security questions to access my results online was "pick a vehicle that I registered last year?" It was multiple choice and it listed one of my cars year make and model. I never gave that info, I am not certain how they didi it... but I can assume it was linked via name and address

another security question was "did you pay property taxes for one of these addresses last year?" One of The multiple choice answers had our home address listed.

I was shocked at the amount of info that was connected to labcorp. The site knew my doctor and gave him access to my results also, I had no choice in that either.

I will look for the source of info on Obamacare, if I find it, I'll make a thread.

srilankanmuscle
05-15-2013, 06:14 PM
Wow that is utter BS. Glad I don't live there.

jurgensplurgen
05-15-2013, 06:28 PM
That's what they want to do here, and the crusade against steroids didn't start with the Obama administration. Who started the national war on drugs, jacked up the DEA...?
Its just another example of how the world is run by corporations who will protect the profits at all costs. AAS isn't illegal out of concern for peoples health, fuck we let people drink, smoke, shoot themselves...it's illegal because regular ole test cant be patented by a pharmeceutical company, and there are billions to be made in Sports supplements, male enhancement, alternative forms of steroids (that give shittier results but can be patented)...all of which would be near useless if people could supplement with extra T.
My disapointment with the current regime is that despite the song-and-dance about change, no one is going to stand up to the lobbyists, the corporatizing of government, the fact that an economic system that depends on constant growth can't be sustained indefinitely..someone always has to pay, and they'll trick you into thinking that you are standing up for your gun rights, or your healthcare rights, while stealing the lives of our children with the other hand. And I'm not just talking about Republicans, the other side is almost as entrenched in the greed culture..they just tend to be those on the lower income side of it so it looks less dramatic than the mega-spenders.

HFO3
05-15-2013, 06:31 PM
I don't like it either. Any of it! But what can you do, I have to get labs done...

Fortunately, my doc is very cool and knowledgable, he has never said it but he looks like he uses gear and tells me "whatever you're doing, keep doing it, it's working for ya! " I know he likes the fact I train, get labs and use ancillaries to keep things in order. My last HRT test level was 927 If I remember correct, he approved another year of HRT at that level.

keith1569
05-15-2013, 06:34 PM
Yes, there would be no exclusions to what they have access to. Labcorp in my state links directly to my doctor via the web. One of the security questions to access my results online was "pick a vehicle that I registered last year?" It was multiple choice and it listed one of my cars year make and model. I never gave that info, I am not certain how they didi it... but I can assume it was linked via name and address

another security question was "did you pay property taxes for one of these addresses last year?" One of The multiple choice answers had our home address listed.

I was shocked at the amount of info that was connected to labcorp. The site knew my doctor and gave him access to my results also, I had no choice in that either.

I will look for the source of info on Obamacare, if I find it, I'll make a thread.

Damn bro that's crazy!

Thesuperwallaby
05-15-2013, 07:26 PM
Is what happens when a generation of people.... Sadly my generation, wants something for nothing and they are more than willing to give up their rights and liberties as long as they get it for free..... Utterly disgusts me

Gopro
05-17-2013, 05:29 AM
What the Hell. That would be a terrible punishment, "i hear by charge you with doping, and Sentence you to 4 years of being fat!!!!!!!!!."

Sleeper
05-17-2013, 12:34 PM
A Swedish group called Karolinska Institute has already come up with a breath testing system called SensAbues that is able to detect small amounts of Amphetamines, methamphetamine, cannabis, cocaine, MDMA, buprenorphine, methadone, heroin, benzodiazepines, nicotine etc, just from a non invasive breath test like a breathalyzer for alcohol in the US. It wont be long brothers until that makes its way to the roadside here in the US!!