PDA

View Full Version : Sciatica

mizzou24
05-24-2013, 07:07 PM
Does anyone have any relief for this shit.. 2nd time I have gotten this last time I could lift back for 3 weeks now its flared up again I have no idea why my lower muscles are so tense I guess... Anyone have any ideas?

mizzou24
05-24-2013, 10:41 PM
Took two ****** this seemed to help

Misterb
05-24-2013, 10:47 PM
I do a lot of exercise for low back pain, its most comprised of calisthenics that decompress. Dips are great for this, so are chin ups and pull ups, laying scissor kicks, lateral leg raises . ovoid things that transfer the weight to the low back, sorry no deadlifts of squats

and yea 2 ****** an hour before make it easy

mizzou24
05-24-2013, 10:55 PM
I can't do dead lifts lol!! I do however do squats this only flares up from time to time.

Greenegorilla2
05-24-2013, 10:56 PM
This will help
http://m.bigbackpain.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bigbackpain.com%2Fback_exerc ises.html#2987

mizzou24
05-24-2013, 11:00 PM
Thanks green gorilla!

Greenegorilla2
05-24-2013, 11:16 PM
Gotcha brotha !

exphys88
05-25-2013, 12:32 AM
My sciatica is caused by piriformis syndrome, which is a very tight piriformis muscle that aggravates the sciatic nerve. Stretching the glutes and piriformis has cleared it right up, but if I don't do it for a while, it comes back. There are some yoga stretches that really help.

Sciatica can be caused by many things though, this is just my example.

mizzou24
05-25-2013, 12:39 AM
My sciatica is caused by piriformis syndrome, which is a very tight piriformis muscle that aggravates the sciatic nerve. Stretching the glutes and piriformis has cleared it right up, but if I don't do it for a while, it comes back. There are some yoga stretches that really help.

That's what's causing mine bro... Muscles tensing into my nerve

jurgensplurgen
05-25-2013, 12:40 AM
I lay on one of those foam rollers and pound the shit out of my lower back before and after every workout. sometimes thats the only thing that gives relief. it hurts but feels so good after.

mizzou24
05-25-2013, 12:43 AM
Foam rollers?? Btw exphyss care to elaborate on the yoga moves for relief?

jurgensplurgen
05-25-2013, 12:47 AM
they are these hard foam logs, you lay on it with it going across your lower back, knees bent and feet flat, then roll back and forth like you were trying to flatten dough. http://www.stack.com/2012/02/22/reduce-back-pain-by-stretching-your-lower-back/

slash75cmd
05-25-2013, 12:57 AM

Same boat here too. I've gotten relief from laying on my back and pulling my knees to my chest one at a time and pulling my heel as far up to my head as possible. Stretching has to be consistent or pain creeps right back.

sofargone561
05-25-2013, 12:59 AM
my back in in pain just listening to this subject

exphys88
05-25-2013, 02:13 AM
Same boat here too. I've gotten relief from laying on my back and pulling my knees to my chest one at a time and pulling my heel as far up to my head as possible. Stretching has to be consistent or pain creeps right back.
Yeah, that's one of the stretches I do, and the other one is this one:

It's called the pigeon pose

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/flexibilityandstretching/qt/Piriformis_str.htm

Boltbreaker
05-28-2013, 03:33 AM
started having lots of pain in my sciatic nerves after I got back to doing Deads and Squats. Didnt put two and two together just figured I was doing something wrong.. I need to start this routine as well. Good info!

drednought
05-28-2013, 03:25 PM
Good info, same issues as above...stretches are starting to help...SLOWLY.

Gopro
05-28-2013, 03:29 PM
I had that shit so bad on my left side after my surgeries. The only way that it went away was to go to physical therapy, and STRETCH the fuck out of it. Stretch Stretch Stretch. I still stretch for about 15mins a day to keep it away. I can feel it coming on if i miss a couple days of good stretching.