PDA

View Full Version : Knee pain

Thesuperwallaby
06-07-2013, 10:23 PM
So my knees have been sore since I can remember, and I'm kinda used to it, lately however while doing squats while standing my right leg shakes uncontrollably. I can still do the same weight no pain while in the hole, but when I come up I'm doing the funky chicken, I am running 100mcg Ed, which seems to be the only thing different, this has happened maybe the last three weeks which coincides with me upping the dosage from 50 to 100, any ideas? Should I lay off squats for a little while?

sofargone561
06-08-2013, 01:36 AM
I hate that i have the same issue my bad knee is my left one though. I cant do squats or my knee is very sore. I do them now and then becuase well you have to lol. but i just try to stay with the leg press machine. i know its not as good but i can bend my knees furthers and push more weight and get a better workout then squats i cant go heavy or low on them or im in pain for a few days

RockShawn
06-08-2013, 03:42 AM
So my knees have been sore since I can remember, and I'm kinda used to it, lately however while doing squats while standing my right leg shakes uncontrollably. I can still do the same weight no pain while in the hole, but when I come up I'm doing the funky chicken, I am running 100mcg Ed, which seems to be the only thing different, this has happened maybe the last three weeks which coincides with me upping the dosage from 50 to 100, any ideas? Should I lay off squats for a little while?

Sorry if I missed this, but what are you running 100mcg ed of?

Smoove
06-08-2013, 03:51 AM
I had some issues to with my knees. In my job I have to climb multiple stories of ladders/stairs. After leg day climbing killed my knees. After getting a hack squat/leg press machine, I dropped the squats and started doing hacks and presses followed with leg curls. My knee issues went away. May not work for you but helped me.

Another thing, I started doing higher reps less weight also

Thesuperwallaby
06-08-2013, 04:11 AM
Sorry if I missed this, but what are you running 100mcg ed of?
Sorry T3, not sure how I fucked that up

alphamale88
06-08-2013, 06:20 AM
lay off awhile bro ur body is tellin u something

akhusker
06-08-2013, 06:42 AM
yeah try lowering your weigh in the squats and see how you react, maybe try slower reps and focus on knee strength. The T3 is prob drying you out too so your knees are getting less lubrication and can damage the knee. I have knee problems too and ive fixed it by really focusing on my posture and squat technique, focusing on flexing my knee to build the muscle, not letting them move, etc.. just some thoughts

Thesuperwallaby
06-08-2013, 12:51 PM
yeah try lowering your weigh in the squats and see how you react, maybe try slower reps and focus on knee strength. The T3 is prob drying you out too so your knees are getting less lubrication and can damage the knee. I have knee problems too and ive fixed it by really focusing on my posture and squat technique, focusing on flexing my knee to build the muscle, not letting them move, etc.. just some thoughts

That's the weird part, this happens regardless of weight, its increased with more weight,but noticeable even during warm up sets, at 135 225,

tbonexl
06-08-2013, 03:05 PM
I read somewhere awhile back that knee pain is the result of muscle strength imbalances.. for instance, your hamstrings aren't up to par with your quads. Of course, your hamstrings will never be as strong as your quads but they could be lagging a little bit. I have similar issues due to my job, so I have been doing hamstring exercises a lil more frequently then quad exercises. I used to just do basic movements like squats, deadlifts, benches, military presses, and rows but needed to bring the smaller muscle groups up to par. My knees feel a lot better since I've been training hamstrings more frequently..

HARD AT IT
06-08-2013, 03:18 PM
I have never heard of the leg shaking unless its on a max or somewhere near that weight. If you have had that problem for awhile. I would try a different stance maybe go to sumo or just a wider stance. Try to incorporate some of the other stabilizers and get abductors and aductors more involved. It may take some of the stress off your kness. I also wonder how good your form is. Make sure you squat off your heels. I have knee pain if I don't make 100% sure when I squat that me knees are behind my toes. Hope this helps brother..

Thesuperwallaby
06-08-2013, 10:38 PM
I read somewhere awhile back that knee pain is the result of muscle strength imbalances.. for instance, your hamstrings aren't up to par with your quads. Of course, your hamstrings will never be as strong as your quads but they could be lagging a little bit. I have similar issues due to my job, so I have been doing hamstring exercises a lil more frequently then quad exercises. I used to just do basic movements like squats, deadlifts, benches, military presses, and rows but needed to bring the smaller muscle groups up to par. My knees feel a lot better since I've been training hamstrings more frequently..

Hmmm this makes sense, my quads are ahead of my hams.... Guess its time for some straight leg dl.....

as for form, I like to think I have pretty good form on squats something I've always prided myself on, I haven't had anybody watch me since I started back into it...... I do sometimes catch myself bringing my right knee in when I need to cheat a little, but ill have somebody check me next leg day

texson
06-09-2013, 03:19 AM
Trashed my right knee long ago in back bike wreck. All plastic. Feels funny as fuck, but it will do as I ask in the gym. Just feels creepy as all shit. never get use to it.

akhusker
06-09-2013, 05:50 AM
That's the weird part, this happens regardless of weight, its increased with more weight,but noticeable even during warm up sets, at 135 225,

wow that is weird!

Thesuperwallaby
06-09-2013, 02:04 PM
Trashed my right knee long ago in back bike wreck. All plastic. Feels funny as fuck, but it will do as I ask in the gym. Just feels creepy as all shit. never get use to it.

Yeah I can still squat my normal weight just shakes..... I'm thinking of dropping the t3 back to 50mcg for a week or two and see if anything changes

toppjimie
06-10-2013, 03:06 PM
T3 has nothing to do with your knee pain.T3 is used to increase your metabolic rate so you lose bodyfat Quicker.if it hurts you to Squat,dont do it. Theres other ways to build Quads and legs. and if you feel you need to do squats Go Light.,pushing heavy will only complicate whatever knee problems your having.

Thesuperwallaby
06-10-2013, 11:36 PM
T3 has nothing to do with your knee pain.T3 is used to increase your metabolic rate so you lose bodyfat Quicker.if it hurts you to Squat,dont do it. Theres other ways to build Quads and legs. and if you feel you need to do squats Go Light.,pushing heavy will only complicate whatever knee problems your having.

yeah, ur prolly right...... Guess I got to adjust fire

German89
06-10-2013, 11:44 PM
I had some issues to with my knees. In my job I have to climb multiple stories of ladders/stairs. After leg day climbing killed my knees. After getting a hack squat/leg press machine, I dropped the squats and started doing hacks and presses followed with leg curls. My knee issues went away. May not work for you but helped me.

Another thing, I started doing higher reps less weight also

This only works for so long... Like my one knee is fucking trashed... I do hacks/leg pres and I always fuck myself! Always!

inhuman
06-10-2013, 11:46 PM
This only works for so long... Like my one knee is fucking trashed... I do hacks/leg pres and I always fuck myself! Always!

if only you had someone trying to look out for you

German89
06-10-2013, 11:48 PM
if only you had someone trying to look out for you
Well maybe if you're with me at the gym you'd stop me! I can't control myself when it comes to leg day... I hit a PR today and I still kept going because I wanted to drop set.. And my dumbass will bitch about it for the whole week....

inhuman
06-10-2013, 11:50 PM
And my dumbass will bitch about it for the whole week....

trust me i know...lol

German89
06-10-2013, 11:50 PM
trust me i know...lol

:( I"m sssoorrrrryyyyy.......

Thesuperwallaby
06-11-2013, 01:42 AM
Damn can I get one thread that doesn't end up a middle school love note lol

ODB
06-11-2013, 09:05 PM
I've got no help for ur Crazy leg syndrom but I have a bad knee + have been doing well with using pre-exhaustion techniques on leg day.

I do leg ext + leg curls 1st, then squats then hacks or leg press - also been doing higher reps 15-20.

1tuffcookie
06-13-2013, 12:42 AM
I had 2 acl surgeries and 1 meniscus all on my left knee so squats are definately out for me. All I can really do , if I wanna walk the next day are presses, extensions, and such. I'm trying to focus more on Bike riding to not only build the muscle up but get some cardio out of it too.

German89
06-13-2013, 12:48 PM
Damn can I get one thread that doesn't end up a middle school love note lol

That was NOT my fault...

But, I know how you feel about the knee pains.. Go to the doctors?

Can't be the gear... Probably wear and tare from training. Do you wrap them on leg days?

donwan
01-02-2014, 07:02 AM
I had 2 acl surgeries and 1 meniscus all on my left knee so squats are definately out for me. All I can really do , if I wanna walk the next day are presses, extensions, and such. I'm trying to focus more on Bike riding to not only build the muscle up but get some cardio out of it too.

this an old post but thought i might put my story in

knees are tricky as all hell i had a partial tear in my ACL and it showed up on the mri that it was a tiny tear maybe 10%, my knee was always giving way finally i saw a surgeon who said he will go in with the scope and if it is bad enough he will do a complete reconstruction using one of my hamstring tendons, well he went in i woke up 2 hours later and he had done it and later told me that there was only 10% of my ACL remaining, so be careful MRI's are really not that reliable.

ive had aggressive rehab but had many problems with the new graft 7 months later another scope in the knee, it seemed that i had scar tissue forming on the new ligaments, looked like little tumours, got it removed and im 11 months out of the complete recon still with stability issues.

i do dead lifts, leg presses, machine press, quad extensions and hamstring curls but still cannot do squats or lunges because of the instability and can only jog for a short period of time.

it sucks because my hamstring will always be behind and knee will never be the same, i never appreciated knees as much as i do now.

hope your knees are feeling better,