BOP DONATOR
      is "Rise and rise again,
      Until lambs become
      Lions!"

I am:
      Happy

Post Thanks / Like

Starting to lose my motivation and get discouraged

I am 6'4 around 275. I used to weigh 343. I saw a pic of myself one day at 343 and was disgusted and changed my life. lost ton of weight roughly 75lbs. Stomach shrunk could see weight loss in my face and overall healthier and looking better. I bust my ass in gym every day and am starting to get discouraged. I seem to have to same love handles as I had when I was 70 lbs heavier. I cannot get rid of them and its starting to make me wonder if it is even worth it anymore and I know that is bad for training. I work out hard as I can I do cardio for 45-60 minutes day. I change up excercises as I read its better to not do same routine as your body gets used to it. Nothing is working.

I also beat an opiate addiction of 6 years and had heart cardiac ablation and beat all that. But I cannot beat these goddamn love handles

2.    Sponsored Links

----
      is getting younger every day.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like

Keep at it brother! We all get discouraged from time to time....head down and keep going and it will pass.

I'm 100 lbs lighter than you (opposite problem....skinny guy trying to get big) and I've got love handles I can't get rid of either!! They make me crazy, but I figure they give me a goal to shoot for. I don't think many of us are ever satisfied.....that's the big secret in bodybuilding. There's always room for improvement as long as you don't get discouraged. You've made big progress already and should be proud of it and use it as motivation.

They say if you're going through hell, then keep going! The only way to beat it is to not give up.

4. ----
      BOP ADMINISTRATOR
      is Cruzing

I am:
      Awesome

Post Thanks / Like
      Nice work brother! Do no get discouraged this lifestyle is about constant change. Post up your exact meal plan and training schedule and let's get you gaining again
      COC RULES:
      https://brotherhoodofpain.com/brotherhood-i...e-conduct.html

e-mail:

>>>WE WILL NEVER EMAIL ABOUT SPONSORSHIP INFORMATION!<<<

6. ----
      BOP DONATOR
      is "Rise and rise again,
      Until lambs become
      Lions!"

I am:
      Happy

Post Thanks / Like
      meal plan
      -morning a bowl of special k with 1% milk and glass of oj. also take my vitamins now
      -lunchtime veggies (carrots, zucchini, summer sqush, broccolli) not all of them but like a veggie medley and I hate vegetables and a sandwich turkey and cheese with lettuce dry or all natural peanut butter and jam either of them are on honey wheat bread only.
      -snack either 1 apple or some grapes, pineapple (some type of fruit)
      -dinner 2 chicken tenderloins baked in oven seasoned with pepper or something spicy no salt. and some type of vegetable again.

workouts vary but 6 days a week I do 45-50 min of cardio either bike or treadmill at the end of my workout
      I change up workouts between free weights, cable machines where i can use two cables at once and twist my body or the multiple exercises you can do, or different battle rope exercises, one day do machines including assisted pull up but that usually ends up hurting my left shoulder to the point where It hurts for couple of days and affects lifting. I don't have a set routine like back/bi, chest/tri, I was always told because my goal was not to be some giant bodybuilder just have a nice tone/hard physique 6 pack to change it up. I believe it was called muscle confusion.

I take 1 day off a week where I just get rest and go for a walk outside. Literally just a walk around the block which is 3.2 miles mostly up and down hills.

8. ----
      BOP DONATOR
      is "Rise and rise again,
      Until lambs become
      Lions!"

I am:
      Happy

Post Thanks / Like
      I should also add that I cannot drink protein shakes. I hate them and they are to think and make me gag. I hate chocolate flavors. I never drink anything but water besides oj in morning.

10. ----
      BOP ADMINISTRATOR
      is Cruzing

I am:
      Awesome

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy6422000 View Post
      I should also add that I cannot drink protein shakes. I hate them and they are to think and make me gag. I hate chocolate flavors. I never drink anything but water besides oj in morning.
      You don't need those. Real food will help you burn calories. To many people rely on protein shakes as a meal replacement and that is not at all what they are for. If you cannot have them it will be easier for you to hit your goals by consuming real food and forcing your body to digest it resulting in more calories burned. It's like throwing wood on s fire keeping it burning I will look at your food and get something posted up tomorrow after the ufc fights tonight
      Last edited by kubes; 03-01-2015 at 02:46 AM.
      COC RULES:

e-mail:

12. ----
      BOP DONATOR
      is "Rise and rise again,
      Until lambs become
      Lions!"

I am:
      Happy

Post Thanks / Like
      Quote Originally Posted by kubes View Post
      You don't need those. Real food will help you burn calories. To many people rely on protein shakes as a meal replacement and that is not at all what they are for. If you cannot have them it will be easier for you to hit your goals by consuming real food and forcing your body to digest it resulting in more calories burned. It's like throwing wood on s fire keeping it burning
      Thank God!!!!! I have no idea how people can down those things. i tried once and almost threw up after a sip.

14. ----
      BOP ADMINISTRATOR
      is Cruzing

I am:
      Awesome

Post Thanks / Like
      Quote Originally Posted by prodigy6422000 View Post
      Thank God!!!!! I have no idea how people can down those things. i tried once and almost threw up after a sip.
      I will get a look at your food intake and post something up for you
      COC RULES:

e-mail:

16. ----
      is Is BACK!!

I am:
      lagging

Post Thanks / Like
      Prodigy, your a beast! I mean that in a good way. You have done an awsome job so far and with guys like Kubes to help refine your diet, you WILL break through to the next level and continue to make gaines.
      I'll tell you from what you posted, Kubes will be adding more food to your diet and more meals---that should make you happy. Running at a caloric deficet is good for a while but our bodies are incrediable machines and believe it or not, our metabolism will lower to accomidate for the lower food intake. It will actually stop burning fat even though we are eating less and working hard. No worries! I
      'm not going to say more and cause confusion----Kubes will get you on a good path and you will make progress.
      Keep something else in mind. The end of winter blues are a real thing and can be a bitch! You guys in New England took a beating this winter and I can see how that can also play into your psychology. Think about it and see if that may also be getting you down. I know for me, I HATE the long dark days with less sun and fridigid temps. I'm in NJ so yeah, very cold winter for us too--not so much the cold but it still sucks. Summer is coming soon my friend and when Kubes gets your diet tweeked, you'll be good to go!
      FYI---love handles are the last and toughest thing to get rid of so your not alone brother. I'm 6'3"-255lbs & 56yrs so I fight the same battle. Also 15 years clean so I also know about that bitch as well. Your doing great! Keep it up!

18. ----
      is Is BACK!!

I am:
      lagging

Post Thanks / Like
      One important question--are you on a cycle right now? If so, when is your start/stop & what are you stacking?

20. ----
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast