• Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Xtreme's Log

BOP DONATOR
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Xtreme's Log

A little background.....got into training in the late 90's. I was 6' about 125lbs when I started. You could see ribs and veins where my pecs were supposed to be. But hey I always had six pack abs though.....bleh.

I remember my first goal was to hit 150, and thought I would be fucking jacked if I ever hit 170....LOL. Stuck with it pretty consistently for about 10 years. Did my homework, trained relatively intelligently, ate and supplemented well, did party a bit though. Heaviest I got was 186 with single digit BF% and I fucking busted my ass for that. People always said I looked like I weighed more than I did. I've always been skinny and had a fast metabolism, and probably relatively low T. Always had a helluva hard time putting on and keeping muscle or fat.

Then the usual BS happened. Met a girl. Had a kid, then a couple more. Started my own business while working 70 hrs/week for another company. Then went out on my own and started 2 more businesses.....working out just kind of stopped being a priority. Stayed active and ate "healthy" but not enough calories and I eventually shrank back down to 135lbs

Businesses became successful enough to where I could hire more employees and didn't have to work as much. Kids got older, the ol lady no longer had to work, and I found myself with more free time and wanting to get back into shape.

Started working out again but got stuck at under 150lbs as pathetic as that sounds. Strength was not going up as quickly as it should, was way too tired and sore all the time despite keeping the volume low and eating/supplementing well. Something just didn't seem right. Had my T tested (along with everything else) and sure enough I had the T levels of an 80+ year old man. Fortunately there were no other large medical problems though.

The doc put me on these 5mg "troche" testosterone tabs, DHEA, and a bunch of herbal products and diet changes. It helped, but not much. My levels got closer to 500 which she thought was acceptable but I did not....

I've been cruising at 150mg TestE per week. Will be doing labs again around week 6, possibly sooner if I feel like anything is up. Will also be monitoring blood pressure and temp at least every other day.

I do need to get my Macro's more in line for future cycles. At this point I'm just making sure I get at least 250g of protein per day, with as much from real food as possible, and a ton of healthy fats (mostly from fish and nuts) for at least 4k cal per day. Not worried about limiting carbs, just trying to limit junk food in general which I've always done. Never been one for soda, candy, chips, etc. I am mixing up powder proteins, creatine, gluatmine, and BCAA's. I'm also taking ALA, Cod liver oil, Milk thistle, and other OTC vitamins/minerals to help with the liver and general well being.

Last time I was at the Dr's office a few weeks ago I was 158lbs. A week ago Sun my home scale said 161lbs. My home scale yesterday said I was at 171lbs but I'm sure most of that gain is water.

My workout schedule is as follow:

Sun - Rest

Mon - Legs / Biceps

Tue - Shoulders / Tri's

Wed - Cardio / Abs

Thurs - Back

Fri - Chest

Sat - Rest

I try to keep it pretty simple and focus on ROM and form especially now at my age....I don't do many isolation movements other than for the smaller muscle groups. At this point I'm still keep the volume relatively low, 3-5 sets per exercise. No more than 5 exercises per body part. I try to keep it in the 6 rep range to positive failure for larger compound movements, 8-12 for the smaller body parts and isolation movements.

I do try to incorporate some TRX band exercises and as many other bodyweight exercises as the reps will allow. I love those types of exercises but even with a weight vest the sometimes reps get too high for what I'm trying to accomplish IMO.

My goal is to hit 200lbs by 2018. I'm OK if that means double digit BF% too. Not so much worried about strength as I am about consistently increasing the weight and/or reps each week while maintaining solid form and ROM while increasing SIZE. I want to hit 200lbs and be healthy and hopefully prevent injury of any kind in the process.

I've got Excel sheets to keep track of everything but I'll post updates here too that'll hopefully help keep me motivated.

Cheers!
      Last edited by Xtreme4Life; 02-24-2017 at 07:12 PM.

2. Thanks Steele7 thanked for this post
    3.    Sponsored Links

----
      BOP DONATOR
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Destroyed every workout this week, and increased weight or reps on every single exercise and set this week. I've been working on putting together a home gym, and my dumbells came in this week. Really happy with them, got the version that go from 10lb up to 120lb and take up very little spaces but are still very stable and easy to use.

Amazon.com : Ironmaster 75 lb Quick-Lock Adjustable Dumbbell System with Stand : Adjustable Dumbell : Sports & Outdoors

Weighed in at 174 last night, but I've been eating a TON and drinking massive amounts of water. Also added ON's Serious Mass to help get some cal's and protein in each day. Will update weight on Sun evening as that's when I've been weighing myself each week for my excel log.
      Last edited by Xtreme4Life; 02-24-2017 at 07:06 PM.

5. Likes Radman69, Boombalaty, Steele7 liked this post
    6. ----
      BOP DONATOR
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      God damn, the scale keeps going up and up.....I've been trying to weigh myself at the same time with same clothing each Sunday evening.

I was surprised I came in at 175 tonight as I've been kinda sick the last couple days. Been having issues with appetite and retaining fluids.

Better get to feeling better since tomorrow is leg day!

8. Likes Boombalaty, Steele7 liked this post
    9. ----
      BOP DONATOR
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Managed to get a pretty good workout in despite still feeling a little under the weather. Stomach seems better, but just congested and tired.....probably shouldn't have woke up the ol lady in the middle of the night either. It's amazing what having solid test levels feels like even when you're sick lol

Stretched then did 1000 meters on the water rower to get the blood flowing.

Legs:

3 sets of bodyweight squats followed by 3 sets of 1 leg TRX lunges to get warmed up

5 sets of squats

5 sets of dumbell lunges

5 sets of SLDL

Bi's

3 sets of chin ups

3 sets of hammer curls

3 sets alternating db curls

3 sets TRX bodyweight curls

Here's to hoping I don't end up making myself more sick by working out today....

11. Likes Steele7 liked this post
    12. ----
      BOP DONATOR
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Still congested and tired....had trouble sleeping last night. Had some night sweats too. I think I'm going to cut my Adex dose in half.

Managed to get a solid workout in though. Main focus was shoulders, and the fuckers were so pumped they felt numb.

Stretched then did 1000 meters on the water rower to get the blood flowing.

Shoulders:

5 sets of shoulder press with dumbells (after a few warmup sets)

3 sets side raises

3 sets of front raises

5 sets of shrugs

Tri's

5 sets of dips

3 sets of push up using bar so palms face together, elbows in, focus on tri's

3 sets TRX bodyweight tri extensions

14. ----
      BOP DONATOR
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Finally starting to feel a little better today. Still congested but not as bad and got more sleep than I have the last few nights.

Today is kind of an off day. Stretched and did 2000 meters on the water rower, then 5 sets of leg raises and 5 minutes of planks.

Still having trouble deciding where my E levels are at and what exactly to do about it....I guess I should just wait until I'm not congested, things are a little more consistent, and get tested. I'll probably schedule a test today so I can have some results next week.

16. Likes Steele7 liked this post
    17. ----
      AUSSIE MEMBER
      is fuk average, u can have that
      shit

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      righto...u may of missed this little gem of mine...you've been long enough to have earnt 'THE BLEND'
      Buy a ninja pro blender with the three containers and the bix blitzer..
      I use the blitzer..
      oats to your requirements. say a cup,
      pineapple chunks, half a tin.
      blueberries. lots. go froz I like a third of a 500 gm packet
      12 egg whites...
      creatine/glutamine/ arginine mix...make your own..load it up. go 500gms of each. mix.. use a heaped tbs each meal.. hydrate well
      crushed ice if you a ice maker...
      make three meals at once...a great way to increase calories, adjust oats to suit.. your fed for 6 hours. enough for the first half of the day. no shit meals, no missed meals, gains will follow.....

100 posts get u the next three meals of the day.. even easier...haha! or just post heaps of boobs.. way better than post amount in my book... lets see your taste in fit chick.!!!!

19. Thanks Xtreme4Life thanked for this post
      Likes Steele7 liked this post
    20. ----
      BOP DONATOR
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Quote Originally Posted by Torcha View Post
      righto...u may of missed this little gem of mine...you've been long enough to have earnt 'THE BLEND'
      Buy a ninja pro blender with the three containers and the bix blitzer..
      I use the blitzer..
      oats to your requirements. say a cup,
      pineapple chunks, half a tin.
      blueberries. lots. go froz I like a third of a 500 gm packet
      12 egg whites...
      creatine/glutamine/ arginine mix...make your own..load it up. go 500gms of each. mix.. use a heaped tbs each meal.. hydrate well
      crushed ice if you a ice maker...
      make three meals at once...a great way to increase calories, adjust oats to suit.. your fed for 6 hours. enough for the first half of the day. no shit meals, no missed meals, gains will follow.....

100 posts get u the next three meals of the day.. even easier...haha! or just post heaps of boobs.. way better than post amount in my book... lets see your taste in fit chick.!!!!

Thanks torcha man! You're a funny fucker, but obviously know your shit too.

I'll definitely give that a shot. My ol lady has a badass blender setup I bought for her that she uses all the time. It was some $500 Vitamix bullshit thing she just had to have, but maybe I can put it to use too. We have plenty of storage containers.

I'm trying to work on the post count.....no idea where to search for naked or scantily clad chicks any more lol But I'll look when I'm not at work or around the ol lady!

22. Thanks Steele7 thanked for this post
      Likes Steele7 liked this post
    23. ----
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Xtreme that's good stuff man, do you have any before, mid and now pictures? 120lbs to 200 is something I want to see. Keep it up man.

25. Likes Steele7 liked this post
    26. ----
      BOP DONATOR
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      I'm sure my mom has pictures of when I was down in the 120's and 30's but I don't have any in digital lol

I'm not a big fan of taking pics of myself (you'll see why).....this is me right about when I started TRT probably 145'ish

u8lybLE.png

This is a pic that's from about 9 years ago (verified by the flip phone ) the last time I was in really good shape when I still had halfway decent Test levels, probably about my genetic max. I was right around 185 in this one:

xj0iXvD.png

I'm planning on taking more pics at the end of this cycle to compare. I'm more worried about putting on quality mass that I can keep at this point. I'll worry about cutting later.

28. Likes Boombalaty, AvidFisherman liked this post
    29. ----
    Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast