• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Debating starting my own TRT protocol

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like

Debating starting my own TRT protocol

Hey brothers,

As the title reads I am considering beginning my own TRT or cruising in between cycles. I am new to this specific forum but not new to AAS and other forums. Any guidance, suggestions, or criticism is welcome as I am just looking for opinions.

I will be turning 28 this year and have been using gear since the age of 23. Prior to ever using I put on around 30 lbs naturally and felt I hit a plateau as I could not gain muscle mass regardless of diet or training variations. I have ran 5 cycles and I am on my 5th at the moment.

I have always done time on=time off in the past and have had successful PCT's based on bloodwork. However my last cycle I ran Test E at 500mg a week and EQ at 800mg a week. Total cycle length was 16 weeks however I dropped EQ at week 14 due to the long ester length. I ran a full PCT including an HCG blast up front followed by clomid and nolvadex. 8 weeks from my last pin on that cycle I had bloodwork done and my total test was 413. That fell within "normal ranges" on the panel but I was extremely lethargic and had many other symptoms of low T. FSH and LH were also in normal range but LH was on the lower end at 1.2

My concerns,
      I have many friends some who are competitive and on prescription TRT that have advised me that recovery will only become harder and harder as I age and cycles become longer or incorporate the use of more compounds. I do not have insurance so going thru a doctor is out of the question at the moment although that should change within the next year or so due to higher income.

They have all suggested if I plan to continue to cycle, which I do, that I cruise at maintenance doses or steriotypical TRT doses rather then come off and PCT. The wife is all for it and I have blood work done 2-3 times a year to monitor lipids as well as other factors that could be negatively effected by use.

What is everyones opinions on self administering TRT. If you need any more details like cycle history or stats Id be glad to share. That is me in my avatar. Thanks for any help in advance.

2.    Sponsored Links

----
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      I am new to all of this so take it for what it's worth..but my doctor put me on TRT. The information in this forum and 95% of the members here know more than my doctor does about TRT. It seems like the protocol most doctors prescribe are nearly useless, so I would think if you can get private labs done you will have better luck going on your own.

4. ----
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Also, every shot of test I got from the doctor made my arm burn and go numb for days. Not sure if the nurse was just jamming the oil in too fast or I am allergic to the pharm oil. The test I have used from sponsors here is painless and potent. I couldn't be happier getting away from the doctor and just doing this on my own.

6. Likes G_nome76 liked this post
    7. ----
      is on the dark side of the moon

I am:
      zombies

Post Thanks / Like
      Do you have kids or intend to have some one Day

9. ----
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Thanks for the responses. Yes I have fathered two and also have a daughter I consider mine. The wife and myself are ok with not having any more kids. I should add my wife is an LPN and she has experience as well with administering injections to patients on TRT. She has told me that it will be far worse to have low T or continue to roller coster my hormone levels coming on and off then to cruise at maintenance doses in between cycles and she does agree with others that the older I get the more challenging recovering natural levels will be even with thorough PCT protocols

11. Likes korsaire, dynalow2016 liked this post
    12. ----
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Quote Originally Posted by mjm View Post
      Also, every shot of test I got from the doctor made my arm burn and go numb for days. Not sure if the nurse was just jamming the oil in too fast or I am allergic to the pharm oil. The test I have used from sponsors here is painless and potent. I couldn't be happier getting away from the doctor and just doing this on my own.
      Thanks for the feedback brother

14. ----

I am:
      zombies

Post Thanks / Like
      since you already father i said fuck the doctor and go for it 200 mg to 250 mg a week take in 2 shot do blood to check your estrogen and take an ai and if you dont care about the size of your ball no hcg need and you are a lucky guy to have a wife like that

16. Likes Symbion1, Diesel1965, dynalow2016 liked this post
    17. ----
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      That's what I did. Doc put me on trt 4 years ago and I've since stopped with him and have been doing it myself. Trt dose around 200-250 a week split into two pins. Works great for me and keeping gains Debating starting my own TRT protocol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Thanks Lift master thanked for this post
    20. ----
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Quote Originally Posted by dynalow2016 View Post
      That's what I did. Doc put me on trt 4 years ago and I've since stopped with him and have been doing it myself. Trt dose around 200-250 a week split into two pins. Works great for me and keeping gains Debating starting my own TRT protocol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Thanks for the response brother. I believe Ive made the decision. My wife at this point wants me to. She knows U am going to continue to cycle and eventually at somepoint would most likely be put on TRT. She is ok with me self monitoring as well via bloodwork which she can help with because she is a LPN. 413 total test (which was my reading 8 weeks post cycle in my last run, just had me feeling like dirt. I believe the scale on the panel started at 380. Everything else was in check e2 was 12.1 and all else was within normal ranges but with test I want my levels to be optimal not just in range. Some guys may feel like gold at 413 but I imagine it varies by individual. I personally want mine in normal ranges in between cycling but on the optimal end which is usually around 1000-1200 from most guys and even some endocrinologist I have spoken to so that would be the goal. I felt like dirt at 413 personally. I was still training and diet was still good but recovery, sex drive, mood, and sleep patterns were all off.

22. Likes dynalow2016 liked this post
    23. ----

I am:
      zombies

Post Thanks / Like
      good luck my friends and enjoy your life

Quote Originally Posted by Swoleisthegoal1 View Post
      Thanks for the response brother. I believe Ive made the decision. My wife at this point wants me to. She knows U am going to continue to cycle and eventually at somepoint would most likely be put on TRT. She is ok with me self monitoring as well via bloodwork which she can help with because she is a LPN. 413 total test (which was my reading 8 weeks post cycle in my last run, just had me feeling like dirt. I believe the scale on the panel started at 380. Everything else was in check e2 was 12.1 and all else was within normal ranges but with test I want my levels to be optimal not just in range. Some guys may feel like gold at 413 but I imagine it varies by individual. I personally want mine in normal ranges in between cycling but on the optimal end which is usually around 1000-1200 from most guys and even some endocrinologist I have spoken to so that would be the goal. I felt like dirt at 413 personally. I was still training and diet was still good but recovery, sex drive, mood, and sleep patterns were all off.

25. ----
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast