I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like

Officials: Man had steroids in system

Officials: Man had steroids in system
      Death of gym user who went on rampage caused by "agitated delirium"
      By SCOTT WALDMAN, Staff writer
      Updated 08:13 p.m., Thursday, December 8, 2011

Steroids were found in the system of a man who went on a fatal rampage at a local gym in October, the Albany County District Attorney's office said Thursday.

On Oct. 31, Chad Brothers, 32, died after he was Tased by police who struggled to stop his path of destruction at the Gold's gym in Latham.

On Thursday, police confirmed that a toxicology test showed the presence of steroids in Brothers' system, said Cecilia Logue, a spokeswoman for District Attorney David Soares. The official cause of death was determined to be "agitated delirium," a condition that can result from steroid use, according to Soares' office.

Brothers died an hour after he was restrained by Colonie police and gym patrons at the gym. Officers used Tasers, handcuffs and a baton to subdue the 6-foot-1, 235-pound construction worker after he suddenly went into a fit of rage and toppled weight machines, threw dumbbells and punched another gym patron in the face.

Family members expressed shock that Brothers, who they described as a "gentle giant," would turn violent. At the time of his death, Brothers was working construction and attending classes at Hudson Valley Community College to finish a degree in engineering.

At a news conference shortly after the event, Colonie Police Chief Steve Heider estimated that Brothers was shocked with Tasers four to five times for three to five seconds each time. One of the stun guns shocked Brothers in the chest. At one point, Brothers grabbed the Taser from the officer and appeared to shock himself, Heider said.

Soares' office determined that Brothers did not die as a result of police actions, but as a result of the medical condition known as agitated delirium.

2.    Sponsored Links

----
      Banned
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      He died from "AGITATED DELIRIUM" caused by steroid use???? It wasn't from police actions it was this condition! Yea right!!

I think im having XTRA agitated delirium just reading this idiotic story!! I wonder what OTHER drugs he had in his system?

4. ----
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Most people diagnosed with "agitated delirium" have been killed by police or another person with "authority." How many other people on steroids have been diagnosed with that? If a person gets tased as many times as Chad Brothers did and also dies, but doesn't have steroids in their system, would their death be caused by "agitated deirium" or agitated cop?

6. ----
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      This stry pisses me the fuck off! These fuckers are just getting the blame off them because ppl will blv w.e. they say bout steroids its insne. HMM thats funny cuz where im from ppl are dropping left and right from getting tased and there not on steroids. Those things KILL PPL NOT FUCKING STEROIDS! The heart cant take that amount of punishment.

8. ----
      Banned
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Brothers had PCP, steroids in system at time of death

UPDATE:

Chad Brothers' family did not want to speak Thursday. But when FOX23 News spoke with them back in November, Chad's brother said he did not know of any drugs his brother would have been on. He also mentioned that he would like to see surveillance video from inside the gym.

FOX23 News has requested that video, but has not received it.

The cause of the death of the Troy man who died after being tased at Gold’s Gym in Latham has been released. Authorities say Chad Brothers, 32, of Troy had drugs in his system during the incident on Oct. 31.

On Thursday, Colonie Police Chief Steven Heider confirmed with FOX23 News that the toxicology report on Brothers says he had PCP and steroids in his system when he was Tased by police in the early morning hours of Oct. 31.

Albany County District Attorney David Soares said in a release that Brothers did not die “as a result of police actions, but as a result of a medical condition known as agitated delirium.”

A day after the incident Dr. John Janikas said that in his opinion Brothers’ behavior that morning seemed to be "excited delirium." On Nov. 1 he told FOX23’s Cait McVey “What happens is they get agitated. It almost seems like they have super human strength, no response to pain and they're very confused and a lot of bizarre behavior."

Dr. Janikas also said that day that the condition causes about 250 deaths a year and is associated with the drug use and psychiatric issues..

After a review by the Colonie Police Department and their response to the incident Soares says that “it has been determined that they [police] acted appropriately and professionally under the circumstances and therefore no criminal liability exists.”

“Part of our review involved discussions with Mr. Brothers’ family and from all of the information that we have received, his behavior on that morning was tragically out of character,” said Soares.

On Oct. 31 around 6 a.m. Brothers flew into what witnesses described as an uncontrollable rage throwing equipment, papers, and resisted arrest by police. Police say Brothers was tased four to five times in about one and a half to two minute intervals. Police say one of those times, he accidentally tased himself during the struggle. Police say he suffered a heart attack and died.

Police did come under scrutiny for Taser use in the incident.

10. ----
      Banned
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      What a big fucking shocker there...HE HAD PCP IN HIS SYSTEM!!!! Of course right away though the media starts with the bullshit about how steroids made him do it!!! What a bunch of dumbbasses!!!

I love how the y try to justify this fucking idiotic diagnosis with saying how he "SEEMED" to have agitated delirium brought on by the AAS!!?? You know what though,it makes perfect sense,everytime I see some lunatic acting nuts and doing crazy things I always think he's on STEROIDS. NOT!!!!!! PCP would have never came to my mind!

IDIOTS!!!!

12. ----
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      If he had PCP in him there is no is really no need to mention the AAS. Anyone with half a brain would be able to rationalize angle dust with erratic behavior. That shit is nasty and is known to cause aggressive, superman like strength. It's probably one hell of a preworkout drug.

It's a shame the bro died though. Mistakes often lead to costly situations.

14. ----
      Banned
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Scottsdale-based Taser International, the manufacturer of stun guns used by police departments all over the world, is off the hook for two Taser-related deaths because the two men who died each had PCP in their systems when they were zapped by authorities.

One of the men apparently was a steroid user, too.

Taser Vice President of Communications Steve Tuttle directed us to two news reports this afternoon pointing out that the two deaths were not the result of getting electrocuted by police, but rather pre-existing medical conditions/drug use are to blame.

In the case of an Upstate New York man, 32-year-old Chad brothers, he was zapped by police in October after going berserk at a Gold's Gym.

Brothers punched another gym member before flipping over some exercise equipment. Police were called, and had to Taser the raging muscle man.

Brothers died shortly after.

Prosecutors determined that Brothers had both steroids and PCP in his system at the time of the melee, and found a pre-exsisting condition of agitated delirium brought on by his drug use was the cause of death -- not getting zapped by police Tasers.

In another case, a Michigan man, Bradford Gibson, died while in police custody after getting zapped by officers outside a bar.

Police were called when Gibson was seen harassing people outside the watering hole. When he didn't cooperate with authorities -- and bouncers -- he was zapped by the cops. He died a few hours later at the county jail.

An autopsy later revealed that Gibson didn't die from electrocution, rather a PCP overdose.

Moral of the story: Tasers are safer than PCP.

16. ----
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Go to the steroids but fail to mention PCP,I have never heard of anything positive happening from anyone using pcp, but then AD seems to be a serious concern for LE...
      http://i41.tinypic.com/e5jthv.gif

18. ----